wow the battery life is horrible even after all this configurations

Search This thread

2012iawait

Sep 8, 2010
i have rooted installed galicar rom. i have set cpu on and superpower. still the battery drains like crazy...... wthhhhhhh

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
i have rooted installed galicar rom. i have set cpu on and superpower. still the battery drains like crazy...... wthhhhhhh

There is something wrong then. Try installing watchdog and see if there are any processes using a high percentage. It could be an app, and you might have a bad device. Try all your options first, there is more about this in the current battery thread here which is where this post really belongs.

Reactions: Alankrut

2012iawait

Sep 8, 2010
There is something wrong then. Try installing watchdog and see if there are any processes using a high percentage. It could be an app, and you might have a bad device. Try all your options first, there is more about this in the current battery thread here which is where this post really belongs.

ok lets say i have a bad device and i call tmobile they will exchange it right. but i am already rooted and on custom rom. what do i do? i have the nand backup i can restore that. but how do i unroot it. is there odin for this phone? like the vibrant?

daryllh

Oct 2, 2008
What % is considered 'not favorable' in Watchdog.

I just installed because I was curious about my own setup.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

CBConsultation

Nov 8, 2010
squareup.com
Best battery? Battery life is all relative. Every single person will experience different battery life. The apps you have installed, the amount of time you spend on it and the time you spend on/in each app, distance from cell towers, distance from Wi-Fi sources, settings you have for every app and things like sync and what not.

There is no single variable that will ever help any of us find out what the best battery life is.

All the settings in the world won't help you achieve the 2 days I'm getting because I use mine differently that you, I have different apps on mine that you, I am at different distances from cell and Wi-Fi towers/antennas than you.

The best battery life is what you get out of yours.

2012iawait

Sep 8, 2010
well i just read the review on engadget they claim to get 20hrs of battery life with heavy use and lots of phone calls and it has gingerbread......

CBConsultation

Nov 8, 2010
squareup.com
well i just read the review on engadget they claim to get 20hrs of battery life with heavy use and lots of phone calls and it has gingerbread......

And it only has 512MB of RAM, no SD card expansion, built by Sammy (and that isn't a good thing). It's a step down. No HSPA+ support.

You have to understand that the Nexus S is a dev phone that is oddly being offered to the public. It's not really even meant to go head to head with phones like the MT4G and others. It's a pure developer phone.

But again, it's your choice.

2012iawait

Sep 8, 2010
you are right in a way but i feel that gingerbread has fixed the battery issue and we will have to wait for ever to get gingerbread on our mytouch. And whats up with the youtube app? it is still not fixed with the ota

jivany

Feb 7, 2009
Tampa
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Set setcpu to powersave mode and ther you go. Problem solved. Or try recalibrating you battery. Use phone till it dies completly then plug in charger without powering on delete your batt stats in recovery before u power on after charging your phone completly while its off. Phone battery recalibrated!

Reactions: Tiburoncariduro

2012iawait

Sep 8, 2010
ok guys i think i have a bad device i am ready to send this one back what do i do? i am roote and on diff rom. how do i make it factory?

vaerio81

Aug 13, 2006
chitown
Just get the nexus s then ......just seems like people find any excuse to switch phones ......then when u get nexus s " is just like vibrant, i need more memory , its laggy ," and then back to square one .....i had vibrant and g2 and now mytouch 4g and after using it since it came out i sold the other phones cuz this phone (mytouch 4g ) is a beast.....im super satisfy with mt4g yeah there isnt alot of development for it but the phone by itself like this runs with no problem imho ...........and my battery is way better on this than my vibrant or g2 ever was the vibrant was the worst one ....i had to carry a charger wit me at all times........

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
ok lets say i have a bad device and i call tmobile they will exchange it right. but i am already rooted and on custom rom. what do i do? i have the nand backup i can restore that. but how do i unroot it. is there odin for this phone? like the vibrant?

There are some threads in the development section. The true permroot thread has a guide to flash back to S-on and you can even flash back your original Hboot. I have done it before and it is not hard.

I don't know how long you have had your device but I would give it some time if you have only had it a few days. If you are about to run out of your remorse period then a exchange should be of concern. If you bought it from a retail store you can just go back in and get another one. If you bought it from the internet then you will have to call them and get them to send you a new one.

PS: I assume you are on the software 2.2.1 right?

2012iawait

Sep 8, 2010
There are some threads in the development section. The true permroot thread has a guide to flash back to S-on and you can even flash back your original Hboot. I have done it before and it is not hard.

I don't know how long you have had your device but I would give it some time if you have only had it a few days. If you are about to run out of your remorse period then a exchange should be of concern. If you bought it from a retail store you can just go back in and get another one. If you bought it from the internet then you will have to call them and get them to send you a new one.

PS: I assume you are on the software 2.2.1 right?

yes i am on 2.2.1 i bought it from craigslist. and can you please link me to that thread. and also is there possibility that i can brick my phone? like for the vibrant the phone was unbricalble if anything goes wrong just odin back to stock and its all good. what about for the mytouch how does this work?

2012iawait

Sep 8, 2010
if i turn the s on and i made a back up of my original rom and. and i do restore of my backup. is that good enough? if i wana send back this device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Set setcpu to powersave mode and ther you go. Problem solved. Or try recalibrating you battery. Use phone till it dies completly then plug in charger without powering on delete your batt stats in recovery before u power on after charging your phone completly while its off. Phone battery recalibrated!

To me...one battery issue

I have done much reading about battery life and this is THE issue on my MT4G (and seemingly many others). If you use WatchDog Lite, you will see that every so often (seems to be no pattern for me) a process called "suspend" goes crazy and eats up cpu cycles and therefore kills the battery. The only way to resolve it is to reboot the phone.

If that process is behaving, I can use my phone heavily (calls, text, email, auto sync/screen brightness, wifi, etc) from 7am to 11pm and still have 20% left. If that process goes to above 10% cpu or greater, my battery may be almost dead by 1-2pm.

I have read of users of Froyo having this issue on the MT4G, EVO, even on Samsungs and there seems to be no resolution. I wrote to HTC and all they suggested was to look for apps that did not allow the phone to sleep, which are numerous. If you are having battery issues, look for the above....don't bother with the task killers, turning everything off, etc.....battery life can be great if this process is not going crazy.

If anyone has found a resolution, please post it!!