Using VPN or WiFi Certs and the need to use pin/pass

Search This thread

Schupo

Nov 21, 2009
Setting up a vpn connection or installing wifi certificates is forcing to use a pin or a password.

And there are some ways to edit the lockscreen.db in dada/system...
BUT now with the s5 we have fingerprint sensor, which is quite nice to use and I'd like to know

1. if there is a way to remove the restrictions of using a pin/pass as mentioned above
  2. to setup fingerprint after installing all the certs.

Of course the first thing "not beeing forced to use a different locking method" would be prefered.

I tried to set the lockscreen.password.type to the number of the fingerprint sensor, but this did not work, and it deleted the wifi-certificates.

Any ideas?

Reactions: klysm

Schupo

Nov 21, 2009
I tried to backup the folders

/data/misc/keychain
/data/misc/keystore

with a root explorer and wiped the certs from the device.
Set fingerprint as a locking methode and copied the mentioned folders back there.

Now I see my wifi with the certs, but it seems not to be installed correctly, since I can't see it in "security/trusted user certs".

Anyone with another hint on how to solve that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Setting up a vpn connection or installing wifi certificates is forcing to use a pin or a password.

And there are some ways to edit the lockscreen.db in dada/system...
    BUT now with the s5 we have fingerprint sensor, which is quite nice to use and I'd like to know

1. if there is a way to remove the restrictions of using a pin/pass as mentioned above
    2. to setup fingerprint after installing all the certs.

Of course the first thing "not beeing forced to use a different locking method" would be prefered.

I tried to set the lockscreen.password.type to the number of the fingerprint sensor, but this did not work, and it deleted the wifi-certificates.

Any ideas?