Rid me of thou

Search This thread

stinson317

Mar 7, 2008
I am loving my rooted G3. I am, however, increasing annoyed by "thou" showing up almost every time I swype " you". Is there anyway thou can think of to remove this cursed word for the word list.

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
I don't use the stock keyboard, you could either elect to use a third party keyboard, or maybe see if you can edit the dicitonary in the stock offering. I found this link for you (personal dictionary) but have no idea if it works on the G3 as I have removed all of that garbage from my phone.

RichardW1992

Jan 9, 2013
I don't have an issue with Thou popping up in place of You. But instead nearly everytime I type the word "and" it replaces it with "abd"

wtf does abd even commonly stand for?

I've tried checking the default keyboard settings and dictionaries but there's no way to edit the inbuilt dictionary, only the personal ones. And I have not added this word "abd" to it.

oman0123

May 2, 2010
Flint
I don't have an issue with Thou popping up in place of You. But instead nearly everytime I type the word "and" it replaces it with "abd"

wtf does abd even commonly stand for?

I've tried checking the default keyboard settings and dictionaries but there's no way to edit the inbuilt dictionary, only the personal ones. And I have not added this word "abd" to it.

Uhhhh....

Android Debug Bridge? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Teio

Sep 27, 2009
London
Maybe start swiping from Y instead of T?

Regarding abd, swipe from A to N instead of B....

Problem solved, it is a matter of swiping correctly, the same would happen in swiftkey if you swipe the same way...