[01 FEB][RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for HD2 - v1.3

Search This thread

partho roy chowdhury

Nov 21, 2009
Kolkata
Hi all,

I have been flashing ROMS of windows 6.5, WP7 and Android from the forums for a long time now. But recently, I am facing a problem. The USB cable with which I connect my HD2 to my laptop has developed a problem and I cannot use HD2 Toolkit from my laptop as I used to before.

Is there any way to flash CWR from the sdcard?

Does anyone have any solutions?? I will be much obliged.

Partho

plaitanz

Oct 12, 2011
Battipaglia
And you failed to notice links above your own post (which do work) and didn't try to do a simple search on forums/google ?
can anyone help me?
i already have magldr 1.13 on my phone, i want to flash 250mb recovery so i go in usb flasher and i connect the phone to my laptop...i click on daf.exe but it appears always the same error, that is that the phone isn't connected instead on the screen of my leo it appears waiting for usb...usb...what i have to do to resolve the problem?

zoUphd2

Feb 6, 2010
Thessaloniki
can anyone help me?
i already have magldr 1.13 on my phone, i want to flash 250mb recovery so i go in usb flasher and i connect the phone to my laptop...i click on daf.exe but it appears always the same error, that is that the phone isn't connected instead on the screen of my leo it appears waiting for usb...usb...what i have to do to resolve the problem?

Try to search for Hd2 Toolkit programm for pc .. is very easy way for everything you want.

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 12
can anyone help me?
Under those circumstances, I would guess that you did not right-click DAF.EXE and select Run As Administrator.

CRE

Feb 24, 2008
Likewise. Has anyone got a copy they don't mind sharing?

EDIT: May not need it after all... I think I found the files in the HD2Toolkit in the ref folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegroundsfloor

egypro

Jul 22, 2011
NY-USA
ezayak ya abo 7med
boss ya sidy
1st u better use hd2 toolkit , it has newer version and is much easier to use , beside u can control ur partion size with a button click
also toolkit has so many other features , u must have it if u work on hd2 phone
here u r the download link http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19931919&postcount=501
and
becarful of that vivid link ,its addware , the download link should be hidden there and dont download anything else on that page
just use the toolkit, u can install mglader and the recovery latest version and also u can do x7 full phone wipe and so many other things.
hope that was usful

yurais

Feb 10, 2008
Links are dead for downloading recovery, can someone reupload?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ ALL OF THE OP BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS

The Intro;
    As we now have NAND booting for the HD2, its time we also had a way to flash ROMs from the SD aswell so here we have ClockworkMod Recovery compiled for the HD2. It is fully working except ROM Manager is not supported.

Recovery can now boot from NAND instead of the old SD Card boot method, to flash the rom, download the recovery with the partition layout you require, then flash as you would a standard NAND rom using DAF and MAGLDR USB Flasher. then select AD Recovery to load into recovery.

MAGLDR v1.13 IS REQUIRED, OLDER VERSIONS ARE NOT SUPPORTED, DOWNLOAD v1.13 HERE

Kind note to Devs;
    Please stop posting modified flash.cfg files for use with CWM

CWM is designed to make it easier to flash roms without needing a windows PC, if you post a different flash.cfg in each rom thread then it defeats this purpose as a pc will be required for flashing each layout.

Stick to using the default partition layouts or use USB flasher

WARNING MESSAGES:
    GOING FROM A DAF FLASHED ROM TO A RECOVERY FLASHED ROM WILL WIPE ALL DATA
    IF YOU FLASH ANOTHER ROM USING DAF, RECOVERY WILL NO LONGER WORK CORRECTLY, YOU WILL NEED TO REFLASH RECOVERY

Features;
    -Flash ROMs in update.zip format
    -Backup and restore ROMs using Nandroid
    -Flash ROMs from the SD card without use of a PC
    -Easilly Wipe all Data/Cache
    -Repartition SD card for use with Apps2SD
    -Full Root ADB access
    -Fix app permissions

How to use;
    For MAGLDR NAND Boot;
    1. Download recovery with partition size for the type of rom you plan on using, see guide below if unsure.
    2. Extract downloaded file and load magldr into USB Flasher mode.
    3. Run DAF.exe and follow instructions
    4. After completed and phone reboots, hold power key and select AD Recovery from list
    5. Recovery will now load

For old style SD Boot;
    1. download one of the partition files for SD Boot, if you don't know which one you need, use the 250M one or check with rom developer.
    2. Extract downloaded zip to a folder of your choice
    3. Copy contents of copy_to_sd_root (initrd.gz and zImage) to the root of your sd card
    4. boot into magldr and select USB Flasher option while phone is connected to PC
    5. Run DAF.exe included in the zip and follow onscreen instructions.
    6. After complete, again boot into magldr and select "Boot AD SD" option
    7. ClockworkMod recovery should load, you can flash a rom from here.

Video Tutorials;

Downloads;

Changelog;
    v1.3;
    -Supports AD Recovery in MAGLDR
    -MAGLDR v1.13 REQUIRED Download HERE
    -400MB Partition layout now works with 512MB LEO for roms with Data2SD

v1.2;
    -Fixed SD-EXT Backup/Restore/Wipe

v1.1;
    -Updated ClockworkMod to 3.0.0.5, now based on Gingerbread Source

v1.0;
    - Initial Release

Q&A;
    Q. Ive flashed v1.3 but cant access recovery anymore.
    A. Make sure you are using MAGLDR 1.13 and are selecting "AD Recovery" instead of "Boot AD SD"

Q. Ive downloaded v1.3 but there is no copy_to_sd folder
    A. Recovery no longer requires any files on the SD card, just flash it like a standard nand rom and select "AD Recovery in magldr menu

Q. Can I change the partition sizes used for CWM
    A. You can by editing the flash.cfg but this is not recommended, CWM is designed to make it easier for switching roms, by flashing a custom partition size you may stop other roms working and require reflashing a new partition size when you want to change roms.

Q. I dont know which partition size to download
    A. Depending on what type of roms you plan on using, you should choose the partition size based on the following.
    150MB Partition - For bare roms including CyanogenMod, AOSP, and MiUI
    250MB Partition - For Standard sense roms including Desire and EVo based ROMs, can also be used for some squashed HD builds
    400MB Partition - For Larger roms including unsquashed Desire HD and Z roms, ROMs REQUIRE data2sd for EU HD2 with 512MB NAND

*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE BY USING THIS RECOVERY IMAGE*
    Notes for devs;
    Please add tags to the title of your threads stating if they are to be flashed with recovery or DAF, [ZIP] for recovery update.zip and [USB] if its installed over usb using daf.
    The cache partition is only 10MB so that recovery can still use it, to get cache to work in android, make a directory in data called cachemnt and on boot symlink /cache to /data/cachemnt, this does not apply when using 150M partition size

Credits go to;
    -Cotulla + DFT for the great work for Android on NAND
    -CyanogenMod team for work on recovery
    -Anyone else who has made the HD2 a great device
    Keep your current ROM and still create Recovery Partition

Running DAF.exe with erase your current ROM out of NAND. It needs to do this to repartition. But, just running Clockwork does not remove your current ROM. Stay with me here...

I just loaded up CW recovery WITHOUT repartitioning first, and then backed up my current ROM. Now then repartitioned and restored my backed up ROM. [It works]!

Steps takenr:
    - Copied file from "copy_to_sd_root" to ./Recov on SD
    - Rebooted (need to do this to set SD boot Dir correctly, or you will get green text flash)
    - Set ./Recov as my SD boot Dir.
    - Booted to SD... Yes. Into Clockwork.
    - It said "E:Can't find MISC:" but looked good other than that.
    - Ran Backup. Waited. "Backed up boot, system, data, .android-secure, and cache. It skipped the sd-ext as I do not have one.
    - Said "Backup complete!"
    - Reboot back into MAGDLR and follow the rest of the steps (Flash using DAF.exe) to repartition. Now it will not boot to NAND. Tried it.
    - Boot into CW Recovery using SD boot again
    - Now see if your restore works.
    - When the restore is done, reboot back into MAGDLR and choose NAND boot and it should boot back into your ROM just as you left it!

It worked for me. Should I create a Tutorial/Walk-through topic? I will just leave this here for now and get some feed back. I make no promises that it will work for you.

-Unconnected
    150 MB: HotFile
    250 MB: MediaFire
    400 MB: HotFile

If you thought this helps, gimme a thanks ;)
    Here are (attached) the three recoveries files in a torrent. And that would be my first contribution to this wonderful community :).