[App] SMSSyncUp v0.6 Updated{6th April} Upload your sms to gmail

Search This thread

mohitsapru

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2008
"India"
hello,

i have done the synchronize once successfully to the phone's gmail but i deleted them..
then i do another time of synchronize...end up there's no messages in the gmail folder to save in to the gmail account.

can you please kindly advise? thanks

if you want to synchronize ur old messages again please delete the id.txt file from the folder where it is installed and try again.

Thanks,
Mohit

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
yea, it is working great.
I have another question, will it be possible to block incoming messages, and allows only outgoing messages?

nice to hear that ;)
well block incoming messages, in what? are you asking in general as this app wont do anything related to that... well but for your question i have an answer and applies to all phones... ;)
to disable incoming sms press *35*0000*16#
to enable again #35*0000*16#

give it a try and let me know if this works :)

Thanks,
Mohit

missparker76

Dec 7, 2008
Paris
Hi Mohit,
I've just tried your application and it worked very well with my HD2 !!
Thanks, this is definitely a useful software :)

leaskovski

Mar 31, 2006
Hi there....

This app is written in Visual Studio yes? Do you mind me asking what IMAP code you are using? Is it something that you have constructed yourself, or is it a free library that I can find on the internet?

It would be handy for a freebie app I am trying to write.

Cheers

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Hi there....

This app is written in Visual Studio yes? Do you mind me asking what IMAP code you are using? Is it something that you have constructed yourself, or is it a free library that I can find on the internet?

It would be handy for a freebie app I am trying to write.

Cheers

yup this is written in C# but i am not using IMAP code... instead i am using the inbuilt outlook to send the messages to the mail address...lazy isnt it ;)

leaskovski

Mar 31, 2006
Interesting... So you are basically creating new messages in another pocket outlook account? Interesting! That might work....

Thanks

cjatcti

May 15, 2006
CHELTENHAM
Bug with lots of SMS

Hello,

I have over 1000 messages on my TouchPro 2. With the limit set at 50 I press Sync SMS Folder & the bar moves to the end & I get an error screen telling me I need to install the update with error codes.

I set the limit to 1000 & the bar goes very slowly but I get the compleated message.

Both worked but you appear to have a bug with first sync when there are a lot of messages & the limit's too low.

All the best

Andrew CJ

luscious.candyy

Jul 24, 2010
i dont knw if it works..!!

but in case it does... m gonna be sooo thankful to u! :)

[edit] : it works but i can see only sent sms in my email.. :(

Last edited:

afavtos

Aug 22, 2005
London
Thanks for a great app! I installed without any problems v.0.6.2 and everything works smoothly.

Now, if I am not pushing my luck here, I have a suggestion/request that many would find very helpful... Is it possible to have a similar app to sync Android SMS with gmail? There are several Android apps that do this job, but they don't have a compatible format with yours in the way they translate SMS to/from gmail.

If you could make such an Android app, or if you know of any that does it already, then we'll be able to sync back-and-forward those of us that use dual booting (Android and WM). Calendar and Contacts is taken care from google, but SMS is the only thing we are still missing! Search the forum to see how many people are looking for something like that...

Thanks for a great job!

manveruppd

Jul 13, 2007
I'm also receiving an error on trying to run this. Also, I don't understand why the drop down options in "select Gmail account" only give you between "ActiveSync" and "SMS" to choose from. Neither is a Gmail account, I don't understand why I get these options and what the difference between them is.

manveruppd

Jul 13, 2007
OK, my last message was silly in retrospect, I only just figured out exactly what this app does! :) "Activesync" was only appearing in the dropdown box because for some reason ActiveSync sets up an email account when you pair a WinMo phone to your PC. It confused me as to what exactly you were selecting in that field. When I finally figured it out I set up a GMail IMAP account on my phone's Outlook and tried again.

For some bizarre reason it again didn't work even though I had all the settings for my GMail account down right, prompting lots of headscratching, but when I restarted the phone it did. However, it unfortunately only works with the default folders in the SMS account - a folder called "ARCHIVE" that I had created refuses to sync for love or for money, so I just copied them all back to my Inbox.

Also, it would be nice if instead of just prefixing the subject with "IMAPSMS|INBOX" etc. the app were to automatically create email labels for the messages instead! When I saw the emails queued up in my outbox I thought that was the intention, but if it was then it didn't work. :)

Anyway, brilliant little program here, all you need is to be a bit more verbose in your interface so that us dufuses can understand what each setting actually does - I was actually trying to sync up my SMSs through my SMS account yesterday! :p

EDIT: Spoke a bit too soon, seems it only wants to sync a couple dozen texts at a time, and I don't know why. Could it have something to do with "Upload limit"? I have it set to 99999, having assumed that it was for number of messages. Is it for bytes or KB instead?

Last edited:

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
When I saw the emails queued up in my outbox I thought that was the intention, but if it was then it didn't work. :)

Anyway, brilliant little program here, all you need is to be a bit more verbose in your interface so that us dufuses can understand what each setting actually does - I was actually trying to sync up my SMSs through my SMS account yesterday! :p

EDIT: Spoke a bit too soon, seems it only wants to sync a couple dozen texts at a time, and I don't know why. Could it have something to do with "Upload limit"? I have it set to 99999, having assumed that it was for number of messages. Is it for bytes or KB instead?

i am not sure what actually is the issue, there is no size limit it is the message limit in numbers secondly i would request you to search the thread also as some of similar issues as yours were discussed already.

this is from the first post
Update for v0.6
1. Added option to sync all folders
2. Added option to delete messages older than specified date after sync.
NOTE: Deletion part still under testing, works well but still in case you have some important messages... keep a backup
All these settings also will be applied to scheduled runs.

The messages already synced wont be synced again, incase you want to sync those also plz delete id.txt from installation folder.

Setting up and scheduling
1. Open the app.
2. Menu->Login
3. Select the Gmail account
4. Select the folder you want to sync messages from
5. Menu->Schedule->Set the time (if the time u set up is less than current it will set it up for next day else on the same day)
6. Click Set, if succeeded it will show the scheduled time else will show the error.
7. If you want to de-schedule it click de-schedule.
8. Schedule will run the app at that time upload the text in mail and will try to sync. Sync will be successful only if u are connected to internet, this app won't automatically do it.

9. Default limit of one time sync is 50 if you want to change it, after login select Menu->Message Limit and enter the number of messages u want to upload per sync. This will also be used in Scheduled sync
If you want to sync your old smses which u already have synced, u need to delete the id.txt file from the program folder.

Note. Please configure your Gmail account first...

Provide your inputs

coolfire

Aug 20, 2004
Singapore
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Thanks for a great app! I installed without any problems v.0.6.2 and everything works smoothly.

Now, if I am not pushing my luck here, I have a suggestion/request that many would find very helpful... Is it possible to have a similar app to sync Android SMS with gmail? There are several Android apps that do this job, but they don't have a compatible format with yours in the way they translate SMS to/from gmail.

If you could make such an Android app, or if you know of any that does it already, then we'll be able to sync back-and-forward those of us that use dual booting (Android and WM). Calendar and Contacts is taken care from google, but SMS is the only thing we are still missing! Search the forum to see how many people are looking for something like that...

Thanks for a great job!

This option would be awesome! :D

mr.bryce

Dec 25, 2008
this i get

oUVyru