Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Search This thread

thechamp007

Aug 9, 2010
Liverpool
Hi

As of now we don't have any separate section for Galaxy Ace
So I am starting this thread, so All queries/information related to device are consolidated at one place.

Root
Rooting Ace is easy. SuperOneCLick v1.6.5 can be used to root device
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682
Tested by myself, confirmed by few others as well.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=957653

IMP - As pointed by Many : Please reboot after rooting to complete the process

Recovery/Download Mode
Recovery Mode : Home + Power Button
Download Mode : Home + Vol Dn + Power Button

Firmwares
As usual latest firmwares can be downloaded from SamFirmwares
www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-s5830.htm

UPDATE : SamFirmware has just posted a Leaked Gingerbread ROM (2.3.3) For the ACE

Please note that its a leaked ROM so may not be a daily driver for most of you and yes usual disclaimer applies here too

Get it here
Password : samfirmware.com (All credits to them)

Last edited:

thechamp007

Aug 9, 2010
Liverpool
Useful Links...

In this section, I will be posting links to useful threads and posts that may be helpful to ACE Users.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice and highly informative tutorial posted by hubix
Please read it
[TUTORIAL] How to flash and root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Handy Script by majedev for enabling a2sd on ACE
[SCRIPT] Enabling Darktremor a2sd on Samsung s5830 Galaxy ACE

Peter123 has found a fix for people having problems with busybox after rooting

ROOT Busybox Fix
I've also found a fix for the people who have problems with busybox after rooting. Found out that stock firmware already contains busybox in /system/bin. And SOC1.7 adds root busybox to /system/xbin.

So the fix:
Code:
mount -o,rw,remount -t rfs /dev/stl12 /system
rm /system/bin/busybox
mount -o,ro,remount -t rfs /dev/stl12 /system

He is also working on a Custom ROM for ACE and running a IRC channel to help poor souls ;)
His Thread : [COMPILATION] Galaxy Ace S5830-XXKC1 | Deodex | Zipalign | Haptic Feedback
IRC Channnel : irc://freenode/galaxyace

*If you think that your post/thread may be useful to people in general and want a link for it here, just drop a PM

Last edited:

Grad_

Mar 19, 2009
Thanks, my girlfriend has this phone! I hope dev's will pick up this phone as a developing platform!

At the moment the phone has this software
*#1234#:
PDA: S5830XWKA9
PHONE: S5830XXKA6
CSC: S5830KA5

jeffdijkstra

Feb 15, 2011
Be really careful with rooting and rooting apps, I managed to root my first Ace fine but after messing around a bit with ROM manager my phone got bricked whilst trying to back-up my firmware.

I got lucky that I managed to pull off a story that a factory reset bricked my phone in the store and got a new one.

I doubt others would get that lucky. Just giving you guys a warning and heads up.

peeter123

Feb 18, 2011
Enschede
Tested : Samsung GT-S5830(Galaxy Ace)
Android: 2.2.1
Baseband version: S5830XXKA6
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-perf root@SE-S601 #1
Build number: Froyo.XWKA9

Root succeeded with SOC-1.6.5

Reactions: the-cybersapien

goodoldtimes

Apr 9, 2010
Istanbul
Hi experts,

I have a non-market galaxy ace which i successfuly rooted. I downloaded some market.apks but non of them works. Market opens, i search and find an application but when i click any application market crashes.

Where can i find a working market.apk?

swc2001

Dec 9, 2010
Be really careful with rooting and rooting apps, I managed to root my first Ace fine but after messing around a bit with ROM manager my phone got bricked whilst trying to back-up my firmware.

I got lucky that I managed to pull off a story that a factory reset bricked my phone in the store and got a new one.

I doubt others would get that lucky. Just giving you guys a warning and heads up.

+1 Man I hear ya on that

hockeysjoerd

Feb 21, 2011
hi i am a boy of 14 years and i have a question..
I can buy the samsung galaxy ace and the sony ericsson xperia x10 for the same price... But i don't know which one to buy. Samsung Galaxy Ace have newer android version, Sony ericsson xperia x10 have better camera and 1 ghz processor against the 800 mhz processor of the samsung galaxy ace. Please tell me which one i should buy and why.. (For the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, it can be rooted so it will be 2.2/2.3)

Thanks Already

winsonlim

Feb 18, 2011
I can buy the samsung galaxy ace and the sony ericsson xperia x10 for the same price... But i don't know which one to buy. Samsung Galaxy Ace have newer android version, Sony ericsson xperia x10 have better camera and 1 ghz processor against the 800 mhz processor of the samsung galaxy ace. Please tell me which one i should buy and why.. (For the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, it can be rooted so it will be 2.2/2.3)

Thanks Already

if u are rooting it for custom roms, just go for whichever with the higher hardware specs?

thechamp007

Aug 9, 2010
Liverpool

Thanks Already

First of all welcome to forum
Although I doubt that you will get x10 in same price range of Ace, but if so H/w wise it will be far better choice(now it also supports mutlitouch)

But do remember it will never get above 2.1 and ace might get 2.3 ;)

I I were you I would have bought Ace but that just me...

hockeysjoerd

Feb 21, 2011
First of all welcome to forum
Although I doubt that you will get x10 in same price range of Ace, but if so H/w wise it will be far better choice(now it also supports mutlitouch)

But do remember it will never get above 2.1 and ace might get 2.3 ;)

I I were you I would have bought Ace but that just me...

Okay and what about the HTC Wildfire S & Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo...
Not that i can get those for the same price but which one should i buy from those 3? (HTC Wildfire S, SE Xperia Neo, Samsung Galaxy Ace).
The Wildfire S is some cheaper but little screen :(

hockeysjoerd

Feb 21, 2011
But if i would buy The sgs i can better buy a htc desire becuz the sgs is 280 euros ( i live in europe) and the htc desire is 350 euros (70 euros more) The htc desire have better specs like 1ghz processor etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

As of now we don't have any separate section for Galaxy Ace
    So I am starting this thread, so All queries/information related to device are consolidated at one place.

Root
    Rooting Ace is easy. SuperOneCLick v1.6.5 can be used to root device
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682
    Tested by myself, confirmed by few others as well.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=957653

IMP - As pointed by Many : Please reboot after rooting to complete the process

Recovery/Download Mode
    Recovery Mode : Home + Power Button
    Download Mode : Home + Vol Dn + Power Button

Firmwares
    As usual latest firmwares can be downloaded from SamFirmwares
    www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-s5830.htm

UPDATE : SamFirmware has just posted a Leaked Gingerbread ROM (2.3.3) For the ACE

Please note that its a leaked ROM so may not be a daily driver for most of you and yes usual disclaimer applies here too

Get it here
    Password : samfirmware.com (All credits to them)
    Okay - I haven't got all that much done since my last update, due to some bad luck and a lack of time.

I have decided to release it this morning (I'm currently in the US, working), and over the course of the next 7 days, expect to see updates for some of the features I said I'd be working on, along with (hopefully) CWM and a custom kernel which will add all the features your phones are lacking!

So, in summary, a beta version, which doesn't differ HUGELY from stock, will be released today - definitely.
    guyz any1 working on galaxy ace rom...or kernel..???

I'm working on a 2.3.3 ROM - which will be released shortly. Once released, I'll be looking at adding 2.3.4 changes (namely Google Talk with video/audio chat).

I was hoping to release today, but then I encountered the Wifi/SDHC issue. Anyone heard of a fix for that, or at least the cause? Otherwise I will be starting from scratch in locating the issue.
    One thing at a time! :)

I'm just trying to develop a base I am comfortable with for now. Please don't expect the world from day one. That being said, I will be putting a significant amount of time into this rom over the next few weeks, so it will definitely improve over time.

I've just wasted the last couple of hours messing around with the ramdisk attempting to implement custom bootanimation functionality. Unfortunately I haven't yet got it working, so I think I'll take the rest of the evening off and pick this up again in the morning!

Some small ideas of what's been done so far:

- De-odexed build (improving system space)
    - 2 tweaks which increase free memory
    - Annoying 'OHAI THE BATTERY IS FULL ALERT' removed via smali - no more audio notification or screen on to say OHAI, meaning no more 3am wake ups.
    - Menu key will now unlock phone on lock screen
    - Removed some bloatware

Now.. I was going to use the STOCK gingerbread launcher, rather than the touchwiz launcher... but I'd like people's opinions on that. I could easily make a batch file which would swap them back to original.

Tomorrow my initial plans will be:

- Have another go at implementing custom bootanimation support (had a lot of bad luck with it today)
    - Add 'Reboot to Recovery', 'Reboot to Download Mode' and 'Reboot' to the power menu

AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE, I will then start looking into:

- Custom OC/UV kernel
    - Porting ClockworkMod or creating my own recovery image
    - More significant changes and rom work

Anyway - again... please don't expect the miracle ROM you've been waiting for since day one. Consider this a stable, solid base for changes to follow! :)

RE: People asking about TW4... I'm not going to be looking at that for a few days, so I'm not qualified to give you an answer!

Anyway.. I'll be in here again tomorrow keeping you updated. I expect to have something out by 5pm GMT. :)
    TUTORIAL

Who wants to change battery icon and status bar layout, there is a great solution...

Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ ....

My tutorial is just for GINGERBREAD 2.3.3, so KP8, KP9, KPB and KPE....

NO ROOT OR DEODEX NEEDED....

EDIT:
    Thanks to user xdajohn we know, that tutorial works for FROYO too... maybe rename of UOT.zip file to update.zip will be needed....

1) After you check what you want (don't forget press "Generate Preview") on the tab "FILE UPLOAD" you have to upload "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" which you can download here: http://goo.gl/l3NNW

2) On the tab "SUMMARY" press "SUBMIT WORK TO KITCHEN"

PS: "Boot animation" is not compatible with HVGA resolution..! Also Emoticons and Glowing...Maybe later...

3) After that you will get name for .zip file with your customization on the page http://uot.dakra.lt/pickup/
    Generating .zip file can take of 5min to 30min
    example of .zip file name: "UOT-05-13-04-27-1"

3) after you get .zip file you have to replace in this zip file "update-binary" (use only Winrar ..!) file location is "META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary" you have to download new file here and replace by this file: http://goo.gl/ptMaz

4) don't rename .zip file and copy it directly to the SD card (not at any folder)..

5) turn off phone and restart at RECOVERY MODE - middle button OK + turn ON - hold both buttons until you will see SAMSUNG on the display...

recovery mode:
    14251-DSC_008444.jpg

6) go to "apply sdcard: update.zip" and find your .zip file on the SD card
    (for navigation use volume buttons and OK button)

7) after update successes "reboot system now" and thats it...! :)

14251-SC20110513-061813.png

14251-device.png