#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
* thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
* unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
* concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
* choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
* for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. 
* Then I will put it in your eye.
*/

By using the ROM you agree with the above terms!

This thread is for the latest unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 7 for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. This version is based only on upstream CM7 (currently CM 7.2.0 RC1). We have not made any theming changes, apk changes, etc. It's exactly how it would be on any other phone that receives CM7 nightlies (usually just slightly more broken). CyanogenMod 7 is stable enough on this phone where it can be used as a daily driver, provided a feature that you require is not broken. That said, you may encounter issues, so don't rely on everything. This is a beta port but we're getting very close to being ready to start the process of becoming official.

This thread is for development. If you have a problem and don't post logs (where relevant) or provide any detail, I will ignore you.

Please report issues with proper grammar, thorough explanation, and speak in a respectful manner. If you are reporting an issue that has already been reported, post some logs (logcat, dmesg, kmsg, last_kmsg, etc).

Working:
  • MTD and YAFFS2.
  • Tiny Preempt RCU in the kernel for lower memory allocation overhead.
  • ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 5.0.2.8
  • Power Management
  • 2D and 3D Graphics
  • Sound
  • Brightness control
  • Modem/Radio/RIL
  • SMS/MMS
  • WiFi
  • BLN (Requires the use of neldar's BLN application. Use the pro version for the best experience)
  • Ringtones
  • Vibration
  • GPS
  • Rear Facing Camera
  • Front Facing Camera *New
  • Camcorder
  • Video Encoding and Decoding
  • cpufreq/underclocking, etc. No OC/UV.
  • Rebooting to recovery
  • USB Mounting in Android and Recovery Mode
  • Wireless and Wired Tethering
  • Bluetooth
  • Voodoo sound

Broken
  • Rebooting to download mode (not sure if anything can be done about this, short of hacking the bootloader)
  • Car/Desk dock audio
  • TV-Out
  • WiFi-Calling

Known Issues/Bugs

If you find more issues, please check with CM7 gerrit before you think it's a problem with something we've done.

If you find an issue, please provide any relevant logs. It's also preferable to post it to our github issue tracker.

If the error is occuring in /proc/kmsg or /proc/last_kmsg, it's definitely kernel related. Post it on the Kernel Issue Tracker

If the error is showing up in logcat, chances are it can be fixed through modification of our device tree. Post it on the Device Issue Tracker.

Github/Changes: https://github.com/teamacid/

Instructions are in the second post.

Builds are in the third post.

Last edited:

m4xm4n

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 9, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.maxfierke.com
Builds & Modems

Builds & Modems

Builds

DO NOT attempt to flash these using ClockwordMod Recovery (CWM) 3.0.2.8

Twelfth Release (R13) - 03/22/2013 (04:37:48PM CDT) - Available on GooManager
update.zip:
Goo.im
Mirror
(md5sum: 48fabdf8be3fe2e52acbb6c008663b90)

Twelfth Release (R12) - 07/03/2012 (10:17:48PM CDT) - Available on GooManager
boot.img
update.zip (md5sum: a37b342792132316cb2a44f61cd0e542)

Fixed Eleventh Release (R11B)
boot.img
update.zip (md5sum: 5ea86295ef6a095cab83be6cc848def0)

Eleventh Release (R11) - 06/14/2012 (09:17:23PM CDT):
boot.img
update.zip (md5sum: b27ab2d86890381ce4109d613dedff46)

Tenth Release (R10) - 05/21/2012 (9:27:38PM CDT):
boot.img (debug version )
update.zip(md5sum)
Debug note: The debug version is meant to be used temporarily, when debugging a specific feature where extra kernel debugging is needed. Because of this, no external modules such as wifi are provided, causing wifi to no longer work until you go back to the regular boot.img.

Ninth Release (Fixed) (R9B) - 05/10/2012 (11:53:47PM CDT):
boot.img
update.zip(md5sum)
ADB Note: You need to use the Google USB drivers from now on, as opposed to the Samsung drivers. The Samsung drivers are only used for Heimdall/ODIN now, and not ADB.

I broke it. Use R9B.
Ninth Release (R9) - 05/10/2012 (06:15:24PM CDT):
boot.img
update.zip(md5sum)

Eighth Release (R8) - 04/30/2012 (12:43:31AM CDT):
boot.img
update.zip

Seventh (1st Reset) Release - 04/21/2012 (01:41:41AM PST):
boot.img
update.zip

Sixth Release - 04/19/2012 (6:47PM PST):
boot.img
update.zip

The download links to these are in the old thread, you shouldn't be using them:

Fifth Release - 04/18/2012 (2:13PM PST):
boot.img
update.zip

Forth Release - 04/09/2012 (10:17PM PST):
boot.img
update.zip

Third Release - 04/09/2012 (2:15PM PST):
boot.img
update.zip

Second Release - 04/08/2012 (12:15PM PST):
boot.img
update.zip

First Release - 04/05/2012 (8:12PM PST):
boot.img
update.zip

Modems

Here

Last edited:

bearsfan85

Feb 26, 2010
My SGS4g is going up in a rocket this week but after that if I have any free time let me know if I could help you in any way

TunedFish

Aug 13, 2010
Incoming internet calls work well. I'm using my sgs4g exclusively on wifi, so I can't comment on mobile network connection; however, wifi strength is a bit weak.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: m4xm4n
Happy to see this stay up.

Running R6 currently because I found it had better battery life than R7, even though (maybe because?) it doesn't properly report which apps burned down the battery (Settings->Applications->Battery shows 33/33/31 for the Cell standby/Wifi/Phone idle, with 2% for display and 2% for a game). With R6, from 6am-9pm (15 hours), battery goes down about 50% with moderate scattered usage including some games that burn fast battery.

If any logs are desired with either R6 or R7, just let me know what to run. Thanks.

jigglynuts

Jan 21, 2011
Cincinnati
Glad to see that you are still going to be contributing! That's awesome. You guys have been doing excellent work!

Thanks for all of your help.

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
In an email I sent to teamacid members:

M_T_M has helped to convinced me to stick around.

I'm gonna take two weeks off from hacking to get my life sorted out
and to clear my mind.

When I come back, my threads (heimdall, cm7, and kernel) will be
unlocked and updated.

Until then, I'll be hangin out in #teamnerd in case you guys need any help.

hampsterblade

Aug 28, 2011
Athens
Nice to see you'll be back Bryan. You've done so much for our phone already, and you're a great dev, and put up with more than you should have to. Wish that was enough to make life not suck.

Reactions: ericmpanda

Are.Two

Apr 1, 2011
Portland, OR
This is great news. My wife always enjoys the updates that you devs provide. Can't wait to see what comes next!

Anyway, back on topic, can't wait to try out this ROM soon

Sent from R2's G2

neocorteqz

Jun 7, 2011
Nashua
Not that I don't have access to *nix. but will there be a build to install that is similar to the way everyone is used to such as CWM, Basically a windows version?

Just a question of curiosity, I'm happy to see CM 7 here on our devices and am excited to see a final build once everything has been worked out. :)

Thank you very much for working on this build and to whoever helps out with it! you are a credit to the community. :)

bhundven

Not that I don't have access to *nix. but will there be a build to install that is similar to the way everyone is used to such as CWM, Basically a windows version?

Even on the Galaxy S, you have to heimdall the zImage(boot.img... same thing) as the first step to moving over.

After the heimdall step is done, you basically install cm7 through cwm.

We don't have RomManager/GooManager support... yet, but that will be worked out later.

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Even on the Galaxy S, you have to heimdall the zImage(boot.img... same thing) as the first step to moving over.

After the heimdall step is done, you basically install cm7 through cwm.

We don't have RomManager/GooManager support... yet, but that will be worked out later.

If you talk to pawitp over on that side, he can walk you through the two-stage recovery flash we do now. Going from BML to MTD does not require heimdall or Odin anymore on the i9000, Captivate, etc.

bhundven

If you talk to pawitp over on that side, he can walk you through the two-stage recovery flash we do now. Going from BML to MTD does not require heimdall or Odin anymore on the i9000, Captivate, etc.

Yes, our cm7 build uses the same two stage recovery.
But for some reason, I still have to heimdall the boot.img.

https://github.com/teamacid/android...mmit/7b72e16d2dc37ca8cd81e22357b98a5187656cce

and

https://github.com/teamacid/android_device_samsung_galaxys4gmtd/blob/gingerbread/mkshbootimg.py

(edit): Unless... something changed with their two-stage recovery...

Last edited:

adobrakic

Aug 7, 2008
After using it for two days, I'd say the the rom is very stable. Battery is relatively great. I'm not having the wifi or 4G issues that people are talking about. USB transfer worked for me once yesterday, but now when I try to hit the message about connecting to the computer (can't remember what it says exactly) in the notification menu, it doesn't open the option. Other than that though, everything is great.

Also, I think FB's instructions for installing the rom should be pasted here. It's what I used, and it seems to have caused zero issues.

bhundven

Yes, our cm7 build uses the same two stage recovery.
But for some reason, I still have to heimdall the boot.img.

https://github.com/teamacid/android...mmit/7b72e16d2dc37ca8cd81e22357b98a5187656cce

and

https://github.com/teamacid/android_device_samsung_galaxys4gmtd/blob/gingerbread/mkshbootimg.py

(edit): Unless... something changed with their two-stage recovery...

I think it might be, because the partition layout differences between bml and mtd, but at that point the real differences only exist beyond the system partition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
    * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
    * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
    * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
    * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. 
    * Then I will put it in your eye.
    */

By using the ROM you agree with the above terms!

This thread is for the latest unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 7 for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. This version is based only on upstream CM7 (currently CM 7.2.0 RC1). We have not made any theming changes, apk changes, etc. It's exactly how it would be on any other phone that receives CM7 nightlies (usually just slightly more broken). CyanogenMod 7 is stable enough on this phone where it can be used as a daily driver, provided a feature that you require is not broken. That said, you may encounter issues, so don't rely on everything. This is a beta port but we're getting very close to being ready to start the process of becoming official.

This thread is for development. If you have a problem and don't post logs (where relevant) or provide any detail, I will ignore you.

Please report issues with proper grammar, thorough explanation, and speak in a respectful manner. If you are reporting an issue that has already been reported, post some logs (logcat, dmesg, kmsg, last_kmsg, etc).

Working:
    • MTD and YAFFS2.
    • Tiny Preempt RCU in the kernel for lower memory allocation overhead.
    • ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 5.0.2.8
    • Power Management
    • 2D and 3D Graphics
    • Sound
    • Brightness control
    • Modem/Radio/RIL
    • SMS/MMS
    • WiFi
    • BLN (Requires the use of neldar's BLN application. Use the pro version for the best experience)
    • Ringtones
    • Vibration
    • GPS
    • Rear Facing Camera
    • Front Facing Camera *New
    • Camcorder
    • Video Encoding and Decoding
    • cpufreq/underclocking, etc. No OC/UV.
    • Rebooting to recovery
    • USB Mounting in Android and Recovery Mode
    • Wireless and Wired Tethering
    • Bluetooth
    • Voodoo sound

Broken
    • Rebooting to download mode (not sure if anything can be done about this, short of hacking the bootloader)
    • Car/Desk dock audio
    • TV-Out
    • WiFi-Calling

Known Issues/Bugs

If you find more issues, please check with CM7 gerrit before you think it's a problem with something we've done.

If you find an issue, please provide any relevant logs. It's also preferable to post it to our github issue tracker.

If the error is occuring in /proc/kmsg or /proc/last_kmsg, it's definitely kernel related. Post it on the Kernel Issue Tracker

If the error is showing up in logcat, chances are it can be fixed through modification of our device tree. Post it on the Device Issue Tracker.

Github/Changes: https://github.com/teamacid/

Instructions are in the second post.

Builds are in the third post.
    Builds & Modems

Builds & Modems

Builds

DO NOT attempt to flash these using ClockwordMod Recovery (CWM) 3.0.2.8

Twelfth Release (R13) - 03/22/2013 (04:37:48PM CDT) - Available on GooManager
    update.zip:
    Goo.im
    Mirror
    (md5sum: 48fabdf8be3fe2e52acbb6c008663b90)

Twelfth Release (R12) - 07/03/2012 (10:17:48PM CDT) - Available on GooManager
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: a37b342792132316cb2a44f61cd0e542)

Fixed Eleventh Release (R11B)
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: 5ea86295ef6a095cab83be6cc848def0)

Eleventh Release (R11) - 06/14/2012 (09:17:23PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: b27ab2d86890381ce4109d613dedff46)

Tenth Release (R10) - 05/21/2012 (9:27:38PM CDT):
    boot.img (debug version )
    update.zip(md5sum)
    Debug note: The debug version is meant to be used temporarily, when debugging a specific feature where extra kernel debugging is needed. Because of this, no external modules such as wifi are provided, causing wifi to no longer work until you go back to the regular boot.img.

Ninth Release (Fixed) (R9B) - 05/10/2012 (11:53:47PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip(md5sum)
    ADB Note: You need to use the Google USB drivers from now on, as opposed to the Samsung drivers. The Samsung drivers are only used for Heimdall/ODIN now, and not ADB.

I broke it. Use R9B.
    Ninth Release (R9) - 05/10/2012 (06:15:24PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip(md5sum)

Eighth Release (R8) - 04/30/2012 (12:43:31AM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Seventh (1st Reset) Release - 04/21/2012 (01:41:41AM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Sixth Release - 04/19/2012 (6:47PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

The download links to these are in the old thread, you shouldn't be using them:

Fifth Release - 04/18/2012 (2:13PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Forth Release - 04/09/2012 (10:17PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Third Release - 04/09/2012 (2:15PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Second Release - 04/08/2012 (12:15PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

First Release - 04/05/2012 (8:12PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Modems

Here
    Instructions

Build instructions: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S/SGH-T959V/Building_From_Source

Get the build from the thrid post. Make sure you read all the instructions before trying anything!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Installing CyanogenMod 7 @ SGS4GWiki
    In an email I sent to teamacid members:

M_T_M has helped to convinced me to stick around.

I'm gonna take two weeks off from hacking to get my life sorted out
    and to clear my mind.

When I come back, my threads (heimdall, cm7, and kernel) will be
    unlocked and updated.

Until then, I'll be hangin out in #teamnerd in case you guys need any help.
    Alrighty, video recording is fixed. Give me around an hour and a half to post a new build.

:D It's beta now. It's also thinking about getting official time.

Edit: If I don't have it up in an hour and a half or so, I probably fell asleep.

Edit2: I forgot about the front facing camera orientation. I want to fix that before I post the build. It'll take some trial and error.