[ROM][4.2.1][JPO40D] Google AOSP Optimus G LGE-973/1 [capacitve keys & nfc]

Search This thread

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks, funny enough, I'm having a great deal of trouble trying to get to either houstonn's or chad's CM 10.1. I went to stock and flashed from there. Atrix, any tips?

Its the same for me. Only Houston's 4.1.2 stock leak based off the Korean model work for me. AOKP, CM10 or any aosp ROM won't boot on any canadian optimus if you are on lg's latest firmware update release. You apparently have to kdz downgrade, even if you unlocked the boot loader and rooted, and have flashed houstonns leak. Its weird I know. But something about LG'S update I think messed with something in the boot IMG. I dunno, I don't know enough, lol.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Its the same for me. Only Houston's 4.1.2 stock leak based off the Korean model work for me. AOKP, CM10 or any aosp ROM won't boot on any canadian optimus if you are on lg's latest firmware update release. You apparently have to kdz downgrade, even if you unlocked the boot loader and rooted, and have flashed houstonns leak. Its weird I know. But something about LG'S update I think messed with something in the boot IMG. I dunno, I don't know enough, lol.

It's not the boot.img, boot img is flashed with every rom. Latest OTA bring a new RPM and TZ partitions which break compatibility.

Reactions: ATRIXXIRTA

L1qu1d

Jul 19, 2009
Toronto
I managed to upgrade from a custom version of E with no problems. Not sure that the reason is because it was custom, but everything seems to run fine with CM 10.1:)

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Hey guys I've been working on a build and wanted it to be as stable as possible..

I didn't want to make a new thread but if u guys want.. u can try it out here..
there's 2 releases today 1 was a normal one I was working on and the other has 2 kernel changes pertaining to wakelocks..

This rom is built like chad's cm10.1 it's strictly for Canadian phones.. all u have to do is be sure to be on the factory flash that works with aosp roms. and have it rooted and unlocked.. if u hang on boot just wait alittle longer. first boot takes awhile.. if not just reboot it on clear cache and dalvik and reboot..

U'll need to reboot manually once or twice once the rom boots up and settle in..

ROM 1
ROM with wakelock changes

GAPPS

all sources at my github here

I left the device name as Nexus 4 so that photosphere works.. and u should be able to lock on GPS instantly.
if you don't use NFC I suggest you turn it off then reboot as sometimes it sticks if u don't reboot.. thanks

Last edited:

mindstormsguy

Oct 6, 2012
Hey guys I've been working on a build and wanted it to be as stable as possible..

there's 2 releases today 1 was a normal one I was working on and the other has 2 kernel changes pertaining to wakelocks..

This rom is built like chad's cm10.1 it's strictly for Canadian phones.. all u have to do is be sure to be on the factory flash that works with aosp roms. and have it rooted and unlocked.. if u hang on boot just wait alittle longer. first boot takes awhile.. if not just reboot it on clear cache and dalvik and reboot..

U'll need to reboot manually once or twice once the rom boots up and settle in..

ROM 1

GAPPS

I left the device name as Nexus 4 so that photosphere works.. and u should be able to lock on GPS instantly.
if you don't use NFC I suggest you turn it off then reboot as sometimes it sticks if u don't reboot.. thanks
I might wanna follow this. You sure you don't wanna start a new thread?

arshad14

Dec 14, 2009
Toronto

ROM 1

GAPPS

I tried flashing this wrong, the second one with the wakelock fix, but after the LG Logo comes up and goes, it just stays stuck on a blank screen for a good 20-minutes. I was coming from the International version of LG 4.1.2 posted by houston. I did a full factory wipe, cache, dalvik, and even formatted system and data but still didn't work. Was anyone able to flash this ROM and have it work?

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
I tried flashing this wrong, the second one with the wakelock fix, but after the LG Logo comes up and goes, it just stays stuck on a blank screen for a good 20-minutes. I was coming from the International version of LG 4.1.2 posted by houston. I did a full factory wipe, cache, dalvik, and even formatted system and data but still didn't work. Was anyone able to flash this ROM and have it work?

You have to KDZ back to original ICS not the newest OTA ICS first before flashing any CM or AOSP based roms.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Elisha's right (as usual)

Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2168345

"Rogers e971 Root issues boot/unlock downgrade brick repair look no further"

And follow steps for downgrading back to "D" firmware. It will format your SD card. So backup any ROMs, backups, apps or pics before you do anything. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

On another note. I flashed AOKP last night and it worked great. Then today I decided to switch to Houston's aosp release. But before I did, I flashed Houston's kernel with the capacitive key and NFC fix to AOKP. And it worked! Got my capacitive keys working on AOKP.

Weird thing is, the kernel fixes the cap keys, AND makes them light up. But no haptic feedback. On Houston's aosp release, it fixes the cap keys, but it doesn't make them light up. Its weird but the fix seems to work better on AOKP than the ROM it was meant for.

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
the aosp build is old it was build mako way with making namings and such.. the lights have since been renamed to lights.geeb.so and camera.geeb.so and the old way was lights.mako.so and camera.mako.so .. so we've changed a lot and the kernel as well dont' expect it to work till I do another one.. the rom new rom I've been working on doesn't have it's own thread yet is because it's not fully stable.. it suffers those wakelocks and deepsleep like the cm version ever since 4.2.2 was introduced.. I wanna keep on making changes and keep on testing. it seems we are not the only one with problems. the nexus 4 has a lot of issues too.. but they have since gotten new updates with their OTA . and since our code is based on the n4's aosp code mostly we will inhabit the same problems if not worst since we are not fortunate to get their hardware firmware updates as well..

it seems related mostly if u don't have your wifi on if I recall correctly.. with it on I seem to be running fine. so far lol for now I think my best suggestion is to boot up turn on wifi and turn off nfc and reboot

until we figure something more stable out.

Last edited:

kentek

Mar 22, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
www.facebook.com
Elisha's right (as usual)

Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2168345

"Rogers e971 Root issues boot/unlock downgrade brick repair look no further"

And follow steps for downgrading back to "D" firmware. It will format your SD card. So backup any ROMs, backups, apps or pics before you do anything. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

On another note. I flashed AOKP last night and it worked great. Then today I decided to switch to Houston's aosp release. But before I did, I flashed Houston's kernel with the capacitive key and NFC fix to AOKP. And it worked! Got my capacitive keys working on AOKP.

Weird thing is, the kernel fixes the cap keys, AND makes them light up. But no haptic feedback. On Houston's aosp release, it fixes the cap keys, but it doesn't make them light up. Its weird but the fix seems to work better on AOKP than the ROM it was meant for.

I added the detail of on each kdz file so there is no confusion as which file to use, that e971100d_00.kdz was not easy to find i had to check the korean forums to find it it took download them all addon for Firefox just to get it to download it was the only one i found

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

That captive key fix also fixed the proximity censor issue i was having as well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lg-optimus-g-aosp-half-screen.jpg

Why convert to N4 when you can run native lgog partitions and be safe..

FEATURES

• I debloated a lot of google stuff to cut down on the size. just download what you want.
      built from google source
      kernel built from source with fixes for your phones
      ran through kitchen - thanks dsixda
      deoxdexed
      su
      busybox
      zipaligned
      photosphere works (just don't change the build.prop device name or it will not work) it's currently set to Nexus 4

UPDATE

• FLASH ROM THEN FLASH MY NEW KERNEL WITH ADDED FILES FOR NFC AND CAPACITIVE BUTTONS >> HERE <<
    This is the latest Stock Mako port from google. Since cm10.1 and aokp can be buggy at times since they are always a WIP.
    I built the stock mako kernel including the fixes that we all as whole has worked together on. This should be as stable as
    google made it. I cooked it through the kitchen so you guys can modify theme or whatever you want. I'll merge the updates
    as we process. Right now you can get what Nexus 4 got out of the box but with your storage. and get a taste of the stock
    aosp experience. I'm assuming this would work for all Canadian variants.

• Install Instructions
      boot to cwm recovery
      factory reset
      wipe cache
      wipe dalvik cache
      -go to mounts and FORMAT SYSTEM then format data
      flash rom
      reboot
      enjoy!

• BIG THANKS
      Shellnutt2
      Chadouming
      Thracky
      Sk8erwitskil
      SnowLeopard
      Jugstar
      haze08 - for providing me with original bell images that I've lost or corrupted
      everyone else I forgot

I WILL CLEAN UP THIS OP NICE WHEN IM NOT BUSY AND NOT LAZY!!! just wanted to get it out for you guys

Attention: I'm not responsible if you blow up your phone... nuff said..

DOWNLOAD HERE

this FLASH THIS >> HERE << for capacitive keys and nfc

ROM 1

GAPPS

Ya I did try both of em. The NFC toggle itself is greyed out, and I already rebooted. Double checked I got the correct edit for build prop too. But it turns out it saved on a pre-existing line, and not another line. So the navigation keys are gone now. Still gonna flash the ported LG JB tonight though..

try renaming the lights.msm8960.so to lights.geeb.so that's what is compiled in the kernel.. and the zip adds the build.prop command to disable the onscreen keys so if you are manually adding it' , it'll be a double entry

I was gonna build a new whole complete rom but i'm helping ShoreDroid build you guys a completely new rom based on the latest google OTA so there' s no use making 2 roms.. he should have all my kernel mods merged and he's gonna fine tweak it so you guys should be set.
    I finally got the nfc to work too now.. i'll add that as well

Screenshot_2013-02-10-20-18-54.png
    sorry guys for the delay....

I've been so busy and also busy with tuning up cm10.1 together with chad on the cm10.1 project.. apparently everything that is coded with base aosp mako rom -we've changed most of the coding to reflect cm10.1 with the naming "geeb" and this causes problems without buiding a whole new rom.. I was waiting on Shoredroid to release an updated aosp instead of making another and having 2 typically of the same roms up.. I would suggest you guys do download the cm10.1 and give it a whirl.. I'll post my sources of git so you guys know what I've been working and tuning. thanks..

device source
    kernel source