Difference between bootloader knox and free knox

Search This thread

hamzahmamoun

Jan 8, 2013
amman
Hello .. I have lag when I use kitkat 4.4.2 (dn3) v5 .. and I use mj5 BL .. and I dont care about warranty .. but my question is can I flash cyanogenmod 4.2 , 4.3 or 4.4.2 after flash new boatloader which has already knox ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Hello .. I have lag when I use kitkat 4.4.2 (dn3) v5 .. and I use mj5 BL .. and I dont care about warranty .. but my question is can I flash cyanogenmod 4.2 , 4.3 or 4.4.2 after flash new boatloader which has already knox ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

As far as we have tested, after flashing complete firmware ND3 it is possible to run 4.3 custom roms (not tested older ones).
Regarding wifi and similar issues it is advantageous to have newest firmware including bootloader.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
As far as we have tested, after flashing complete firmware ND3 it is possible to run 4.3 custom roms (not tested older ones).
Regarding wifi and similar issues it is advantageous to have newest firmware including bootloader.
Which 4.3 firmware have you successfully flashed? Are all 4.3 firmwares working on ND3 bootloaders? I don't plan on going back to 4.3 but want to know for my knowledge:) Thank you

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Which 4.3 firmware have you successfully flashed? Are all 4.3 firmwares working on ND3 bootloaders? I don't plan on going back to 4.3 but want to know for my knowledge:) Thank you

We only tested 4.3 custom roms, no firmware and depending on Knox status, in my opinion it could be possible to downgrade firmware to any 4.3 with knox enabled BL, as long as Knox isn't triggered. That's only theory and for me too late to test it. Never cared about warranty.

Reactions: singhpratik87

Mufi_t

Jan 17, 2011
Mum
I have a silly doubt.. How can the Knox counter trip if we use Custom ROM without knox?
Above is valid if someone want to upgrade from MJ5 Bootloader to newer one with any new custom rom.

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
I have a silly doubt.. How can the Knox counter trip if we use Custom ROM without knox?
Above is valid if someone want to upgrade from MJ5 Bootloader to newer one with any new custom rom.

There is a difference between Knox app and Knox counter in the download menu of the phone. Once you go up/changing bootloader from mj5 then you get a present Knox counter for free.
Any custom room using higher bootloader will set up the Knox.
It's not about it is custom or not it's about flashing the bootloader.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Mufi_t

Jan 17, 2011
Mum
There is a difference between Knox app and Knox counter in the download menu of the phone. Once you go up/changing bootloader from mj5 then you get a present Knox counter for free.
Any custom room using higher bootloader will set up the Knox.
It's not about it is custom or not it's about flashing the bootloader.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Got it.. Thanks.. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

We only tested 4.3 custom roms, no firmware and depending on Knox status, in my opinion it could be possible to downgrade firmware to any 4.3 with knox enabled BL, as long as Knox isn't triggered. That's only theory and for me too late to test it. Never cared about warranty.