Help- reboot loop (power button not stuck)

Search This thread

ycon

Apr 2, 2013
Hi,

I am stuck on an infinite booting loop. I had the rom (see sig) installed for about 3 months and all worked fine. In the last week, I noticed it kept resetting itself often such as after calls).

I did not change the rom in any way, or add any mods. Randomly today it just switched off.

I can't boot to download mode. I can get to recovery (for a matter of seconds) and was quick enough to use Odin to flash it back to stock.

I've unscrewed the back, and jiggled the power button and that isn't a problem

But it looks as if it's turning itself on- as soon as I put the battery in, it turns on

It has 1 month of warranty remaining- but I will have to remove any trace of roms etc. (My idea on doing this is to remove the powerboard plug that connects to the power button while it's rebooting. Then I can use the phone via my PC to remove any trace of roms?)

Please help- what can I do?

Last edited:

SamC95

Jun 26, 2014
Hi,

I am stuck on an infinite booting loop. I had the rom (see sig) installed for about 3 months and all worked fine. In the last week, I noticed it kept resetting itself often such as after calls).

I did not change the rom in any way, or add any mods. Randomly today it just switched off.

I can't boot to download mode. I can get to recovery (for a matter of seconds) and was quick enough to use Odin to flash it back to stock.

I've unscrewed the back, and jiggled the power button and that isn't a problem

But it looks as if it's turning itself on- as soon as I put the battery in, it turns on

It has 1 month of warranty remaining- but I will have to remove any trace of roms etc. (My idea on doing this is to remove the powerboard plug that connects to the power button while it's rebooting. Then I can use the phone via my PC to remove any trace of roms?)

Please help- what can I do?

Maybe it's a dumb idea (i don't flash kernels/rom's that long) but i had a similar problem and it was because of the kernel, not the rom so i reflashed the rom and after that i flashed another kernel and it worked, you could try that?