[Q] My Xperia V got bricked...

Search This thread

char.c

Jul 3, 2014
Let me tell you what happened.
I tried to relock my Xperia V (unlocked BL) with latest version of flashtool (v.0.9.16.1) and it seemed successful.
After I unplugged the cable and rebooted my phone (It had a normally working stock FW of 9.2.A.1.120), it stucked right after the SONY logo for some minutes and powered off automatically
And now every time I try to power it on, it does actually the same thing:

1. shows the SONY logo
2. shows this.
IMG_0822.JPG
and stays for about 5-10 minutes.
3. becomes blank screen and does not try to boot again.

As it could be set to Fastboot Mode and Flash Mode, I also tried to solve it but of no use. Here are my attempts:

1. Using PC Companion or SONY Update Service to repair both results in failure
2. Using Flashtool to flash FTFs gets following error messages
ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CODE="0026";ERR_DYNAMIC="08 : TA flush failed";
3. Also tried to re-unlock the relocked BL...
On the first time of trying after a reboot, the fastboot.exe says: FAILED (remote: oem unlock failed!)
and on the following attempts it keeps telling me: FAILED (remote: Phone is already unlocked!)
(but actually it's still locked)

Now I could neither flash anything into it, nor unlock the BL...
Totally confused about this situation. Would relocking BL brick a phone? Is there any solution to this?

Thank you!

Last edited:

char.c

Jul 3, 2014
Open up Flashtool, select the FTF you want to flash and check TA inside the "Exclude" box.
Then try to flash...

Thank you for replying.
But I've already tried that... same error after flashed loader.sin. I couldn't avoid loader.sin (excluded everything and wiped no data at all, there's still loader.sin left, which leads to the same failure)

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
Thank you for replying.
But I've already tried that... same error after flashed loader.sin. I couldn't avoid loader.sin (excluded everything and wiped no data at all, there's still loader.sin left, which leads to the same failure)

You said you tried to re-lock again, but have you tried to re-unlock again and flash?
I guess the way you relocked just messed up something... all those errors are about a wrong kernel usually...

Anyway your phone is not hard-bricked, but just soft-bricked... and this problem seems to be new here

Last edited:

char.c

Jul 3, 2014
You said you tried to re-lock again, but have you tried to re-unlock again and flash?
I guess the way you relocked just messed up something... all those errors are about a wrong kernel usually...

Anyway your phone is not hard-bricked, but just soft-bricked... and this problem seems to be new here

Yes, tried to re-unlock, but failed......:crying:

3. Also tried to re-unlock the relocked BL...
On the first time of trying after a reboot, the fastboot.exe says: FAILED (remote: oem unlock failed!)
and on the following attempts it keeps telling me: FAILED (remote: Phone is already unlocked!)
(but actually it's still locked)

char.c

Jul 3, 2014

I just followed a guide about using Flashtool to relock BL...
And other people who also used Flashtool to relock their phones did not face the same problem... That's why I'm totally confused. I cannot figure out what went wrong during the relock process.

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
I just followed a guide about using Flashtool to relock BL...
And other people who also used Flashtool to relock their phones did not face the same problem... That's why I'm totally confused. I cannot figure out what went wrong during the relock process.

The best way to relock is restoring a TA backup, that has to be done before unlocking the first time.
If you didn't backup TA, then you lost your DRM keys forever.

So you relocked using Flashtool. Right?
What guide did you follow? Give me the link, please.
I hope you didn't flash BLRelock for X10 :(

char.c

Jul 3, 2014
The best way to relock is restoring a TA backup, that has to be done before unlocking the first time.
If you didn't backup TA, then you lost your DRM keys forever.

So you relocked using Flashtool. Right?
What guide did you follow? Give me the link, please.
I hope you didn't flash BLRelock for X10 :(

I didn't know anything about TA backup when I unlocked my phone.
So I'm not able to relock like that.

Here's the guide I followed. I didn't flashed that X10 relock TFT.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45653511#post45653511

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano

I know you didn't make a TA backup.
With your next xperia device, remember to do it ;)

The guide you followed is right and comes from a very reliable developer.
According to all steps you did, I think you have nothing more to try... you did all what has to be done in this case.

Try to download another FTF, maybe yours is corrupted. But I don't think so actually (because also SONY Update Service repair didn't work).
I mean, your device behaviour is weird and no-sense.
Something is broken if you can't work with kernel partition.
Maybe your motherboard is fried :(
When we play with an unlocked bootloader, this can happen sometimes.
The problem is that your warranty is lost if sony repair center realizes that it was unlocked.

Sorry if I can't help you out further. :crying:
Good luck anyways ;)

Reactions: char.c

char.c

Jul 3, 2014

According to all steps you did, I think you have nothing more to try... you did all what has to be done in this case.

Try to download another FTF, maybe yours is corrupted. But I don't think so actually (because also SONY Update Service repair didn't work).
Something is broken if you can't work with kernel piartition.
The problem is that your warranty is lost if sony repair center realizes that it was unlocked.

Good luck anyways ;)

Well, thanks anyway.:)
Having tried for over 10 hrs to repair it and failed, I'll send it to repair tomorrow. Hope the fee won't be too high:eek:
At least no higher than a new phone:mad:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Something is broken if you can't work with kernel partition.

Good luck anyways ;)