[GUIDE] How to setup QPST

Search This thread

matase

May 19, 2011
It happened after step 8 in the volume increase. The phone rebooted and everything I just got this popup saying error happened in those NV categories.

fusiondynamics

Jul 16, 2011
So i'm having problems getting a com port on win7 64bit. I installed the drivers but it's now only show it under Modems>HTC USB Modem with no com port listed.

vin255764

Dec 24, 2008
Seattle,WA
Thank you for tools
I like ability to change PRL on any ROM :)
QPST Service Programming>Roam>Browse... Write to Phone

Last edited:

Alttwo

Jan 8, 2012
Ok the drivers are installed and now I get this in qpst configuration
635fc57d-99b2-1e5d.jpg

thruput

Jun 29, 2012
read / write question

got the correct set up, i can read several different devices, but when it comes to a sprint air card,
it reads about 3/4 the way then stops and pop ups an error that the the phone is not responding to memory read write.
yet i can see some of the information, but not in the other tabs.

what would cause this to stop 3/4 the wai in the reading of a device. whoult would correct it?
thanks
jc

I know I may get **** for this but I haven't found a thread that really delves into how to setup QPST from top to bottom. So I decided I'd make one.

HOW TO SETUP QPST FOR USE WITH YOUR PHONE

You can use QPST to do an array of things, most commonly on XDA though it is for Changing the Carrier Banner of your phone and tweaking the speaker of the phone to make it louder

The whole process should take under 10 Minutes.

disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

Make sure your phone is plugged in, has debugging ON for the whole tutorial.

1. Temp Root yourself using whichever method you prefer ( I use this one)

2. Get your MSL using MSL Reader from the Market (free) OR Call Sprint to get your MSL OR Get your MSL using CDMA Workshop (which I will not go into as It is a different subject and not as easy as the aforementioned)

3. Get QPST and install it from here

Put your phone in diagnostic mode by punching in ##3424# in the dialer through out the whole rest tutorial, if it goes out of diag mode, just put it back into it by going to Dailer and punching in ##3423#

4. Download HTC Diag Drivers Both 32and 64 are in the zip

5. Install the QPST Drivers for your system (32bit or 64bit)
- A. Go into Device manager (from control panel)
- B. Find HTC Diag or HTC Diag Modem (along those lines)
- C. Right Click it and select update driver
- D. Select Browse computer for driver software
- E. Browse to the folder containing the drivers your downloaded in step 4 and then select the folder for your Windows version (32/64, if you don't know go to my computer and select properties)
- F. Click Next, it will install your drivers

6. Once your drivers are installed your device should be recognized and read as HTC Diagnostic Interface, followed by the port it is located on. For me it was COM5.

7. Open "QPST Configuration" by Start>All Proggrams>QPST>QPST Configuration
- A. Select "Add New Port"
- B. Input whatever port your phone is connected to (eg. "COM5" as mine was, without the quotes) in both the port, and label boxes.
- C. DESELECT The "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic Ports only"
- D. Click OK

8. You should see the new added port and its state as ENABLED, if it is there, continue

9. Close the QPST Configuration windows now and now you can use your phone with QPST.

VIDEO GUIDE (CREDITS: DISTURB3D1 / WWJOSHDEW)

To change the banner of your phone: (CREDS TO SLAYER69, ORIG THREAD)

1. open up Service Programming via Start>All Programs>QPST>Service Programming

2. You should see your phone and the port its connected to (make sure your phone is in diagnostic mode ##3424# )

3. Click ok, now you should see a window with many tabs

4. At the bottom of the window you should see a button called "Read From Phone" Click it.

5. Input your MSL now in the box that shows up. Click OK

6. Now all of your phones settings are in the program.

7. Now navigate to the "Display" Tab, You should see a Box next to the word Banner. This is where you will enter what you want your banner to be. (Don't use any special characters)

8. Once you have done that, click "Write to Phone", located next to the Read from phone button at the bottom of the window.

9. Your phone should reboot, and your changes will have been made and can be viewed in the lockscreen, or in the pull down bar.

To increase the volume of your phone: (CREDS TO T3PROJECT, ORIG THREAD)

2. You should see your phone and the port its connected to (make sure your phone is in diagnostic mode ##3424# )

4. At the bottom of the window you should see a button called "Read From Phone" Click it.

7. Now Navigate to the "Sounds" tab, from here you can edit the loudness of your phone, I set mine to all 3s, although some have set theirs to 4. 1 is the quietest and 4 is the loudest. Your choice of what you want to input here.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BLOWN SPEAKERS

8. Once you've selected the options you want click "Write to Phone", located next to the Read from phone button at the bottom of the window.

9. Your phone should reboot, and your changes will have been made.

ENJOY.

Credits to: slayer69 , t3project, and disturb3d1 If you give me a thanks, give them one too

To-Do: Add Screenies, make a youtube TUT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know I may get **** for this but I haven't found a thread that really delves into how to setup QPST from top to bottom. So I decided I'd make one.

HOW TO SETUP QPST FOR USE WITH YOUR PHONE

You can use QPST to do an array of things, most commonly on XDA though it is for Changing the Carrier Banner of your phone and tweaking the speaker of the phone to make it louder

The whole process should take under 10 Minutes.

disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

Make sure your phone is plugged in, has debugging ON for the whole tutorial.

1. Temp Root yourself using whichever method you prefer ( I use this one)

2. Get your MSL using MSL Reader from the Market (free) OR Call Sprint to get your MSL OR Get your MSL using CDMA Workshop (which I will not go into as It is a different subject and not as easy as the aforementioned)

3. Get QPST and install it from here

Put your phone in diagnostic mode by punching in ##3424# in the dialer through out the whole rest tutorial, if it goes out of diag mode, just put it back into it by going to Dailer and punching in ##3423#

4. Download HTC Diag Drivers Both 32and 64 are in the zip

5. Install the QPST Drivers for your system (32bit or 64bit)
    - A. Go into Device manager (from control panel)
    - B. Find HTC Diag or HTC Diag Modem (along those lines)
    - C. Right Click it and select update driver
    - D. Select Browse computer for driver software
    - E. Browse to the folder containing the drivers your downloaded in step 4 and then select the folder for your Windows version (32/64, if you don't know go to my computer and select properties)
    - F. Click Next, it will install your drivers

6. Once your drivers are installed your device should be recognized and read as HTC Diagnostic Interface, followed by the port it is located on. For me it was COM5.

7. Open "QPST Configuration" by Start>All Proggrams>QPST>QPST Configuration
    - A. Select "Add New Port"
    - B. Input whatever port your phone is connected to (eg. "COM5" as mine was, without the quotes) in both the port, and label boxes.
    - C. DESELECT The "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic Ports only"
    - D. Click OK

8. You should see the new added port and its state as ENABLED, if it is there, continue

9. Close the QPST Configuration windows now and now you can use your phone with QPST.

VIDEO GUIDE (CREDITS: DISTURB3D1 / WWJOSHDEW)

To change the banner of your phone: (CREDS TO SLAYER69, ORIG THREAD)

7. Now navigate to the "Display" Tab, You should see a Box next to the word Banner. This is where you will enter what you want your banner to be. (Don't use any special characters)

8. Once you have done that, click "Write to Phone", located next to the Read from phone button at the bottom of the window.

9. Your phone should reboot, and your changes will have been made and can be viewed in the lockscreen, or in the pull down bar.

To increase the volume of your phone: (CREDS TO T3PROJECT, ORIG THREAD)

7. Now Navigate to the "Sounds" tab, from here you can edit the loudness of your phone, I set mine to all 3s, although some have set theirs to 4. 1 is the quietest and 4 is the loudest. Your choice of what you want to input here.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BLOWN SPEAKERS

8. Once you've selected the options you want click "Write to Phone", located next to the Read from phone button at the bottom of the window.

9. Your phone should reboot, and your changes will have been made.

ENJOY.

Credits to: slayer69 , t3project, and disturb3d1 If you give me a thanks, give them one too

To-Do: Add Screenies, make a youtube TUT
    Hello, fellow QPST users.

QPST 2.7 Build 4.2.2 is a fake version with keylogger.
    Some a$$hole downloaded latest public QPST build (4.0.2) and decompiled MSI installer package, then edited all "4.0.2" to "4.2.2", added "fake changelog", added keylogger (qualcomm.exe), then repackaged and spread around web!

Everyone who downloaded QPST build "4.2.2" should change all his passwords.

More info about malware from fake 4.2.2 build (QPST.2.7.422.msi)
    MSI package (QPST.2.7.422.msi) was embedded/tampered with qualcomm.exe which is a .NET based malware that logs your keystrokes and sends it to attacker's server.

How to delete the actual malware from your system?
    Look at the startup from msconfig or CCleaner, there should be a file called qualcomm.exe thats set to start everytime system starts. Delete both registry and file.

If you wanted to see what data thief was stolen from you. Just open the .dc file (in "dclogs" folder) with Notepad and see for yourself.
    In XP, dc file is located here!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\dclogs
    there should be a file called "201X-XX-XX-X.dc
    if you open that DC files with Notepad, you'll see all your keystrokes.

Here is mine. I've intentionally entered paypal site with fake info.
    :: Run (3:01:51 AM)
    Script kiddie. NET Based malware, huh?[ESC]

:: Program Manager (3:02:14 AM)
    e

:: Firefox (3:02:18 AM)
    www.paypal.com

johhny193@yahoo.com[TAB]
    mypaypalpass
    [ENTER]

:: Documents and Settings (3:02:19 AM)
    [UP]

:: Administrator (3:02:28 AM)
    [DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN]
    [DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN]
    d

:: (3:02:34 AM)

:: Administrator (3:02:34 AM)
    d

:: (3:03:11 AM)
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:: [Release] QPST 2.7 BUILD 422 - Download Here - Enjoy - Mozilla Firefox (3:03:57 AM)
    crap

How to delete?d

:: Clipboard Change : size = 16 Bytes (3:03:57 AM)
    QPST.2.7.422.msi

:: (3:04:23 AM)
    cccccc

Keylogger sends the logs from keylogger to "qpst.hopto.me"

So please report about this incident where and when you encounter QPST 4.2.2 somewhere (forums, posts, sharing-sites, etc)
    Copy my whole post and paste it where you see 4.2.2 mentioned.

Bonus: Fake Changelog
    If you've installed this 422 build, then open the Readme.txt in C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\QPST\Documents
    Scroll down and see the "6/12/13 QPST 2.7.422 changelog"

6/12/13 QPST 2.7.422
    1) EFS Hello commands will not be sent unless the device is in a compatible mode. Sending this command when the
    device is in download mode can cause a "server busy" message for a few seconds because of command retries.
    2) Support for the Sahara device protocol (see 80-N1008-1 or equivalent) is now built in to the QPST server process.
    This protocol is only supported by USB Serial ports, not TCP/IP connections. In QPST Configuration a device in
    this mode will display as "Q/QCP-XXX (Sahara Download)". This mode can only be detected (1) when the QPST server
    process starts or a COM port in this mode added to QPST, or (2) when a device enters Sahara mode on a port assigned
    to QPST. This is because the device only sends its Hello message once, as soon as the COM port is opened.

Changelog above is actually cloned from QPST 2.7.394 Just scroll down and see Build 2.7.394 changelog. Its same!

So forget about Build 422. It doesn't exist.
    Use QPST 2.7 Build 402. It's the latest public build :)

Sorry about my english

Best Regards
    AnycallMongolia

yepp, i noticed a bunch of people were havin trouble, so i just threw together a guide :D
    Thank You!!!!!!! These are super, omega noob friendly instructions. Very easy to follow. Thank you so much.

No problem, that was my whole reasoning for the thread in the first place :)
    PS: love the nyan cat man
    Heh, been using QPST since about 2005 and my old Samsung sph-a900.
    It's easy.

Just be sure you load ALL the drivers for the phone (there are 3 or 4 depending on 32 or 64 bit).
    You'll have to force feed them since they are not signed.
    That means you'll probably have to load one at a time.