Stock ICS Contacts.apk and Phone.apk

Search This thread

RyanInAj

Jun 12, 2011
PHX - SDL
Download the contacts zip in the link I posted in previous post and flash it through recovery. it will give you inverted stock contacts and dialer.

So I just did that and my contacts were the only thing that was affected.
I was hoping to just have the dialer look like stock ICS - I don't really care about the contacts. I'm pretty positive I followed all the instructions in the OP...unless I have to change the permissions/owner differently in Root Explorer.

theothermillion

So I just did that and my contacts were the only thing that was affected.
I was hoping to just have the dialer look like stock ICS - I don't really care about the contacts. I'm pretty positive I followed all the instructions in the OP...unless I have to change the permissions/owner differently in Root Explorer.

It isn't going to change the HTC Dialer, It adds a second dialer. It should be in your app drawer labeled as "Phone"

Edit: You may need to change your app association if you are running stock ICS

theothermillion

I flashed the zip and I still have the stock message app. I do have /system/app/mms.apk but it doesn't appear in my app drawer.

Did you have to do something special to get it to appear?

Not sure if this matters, but when I flashed the MMS.zip, I had done a clean install of MeanICS earlier in the day and had not yet received any txts.
What rom are you using?

TaintedByte

May 24, 2009
MMS Worked great here with viperROM. I can receive MMS but I can't send. Tried with this one and the regular non-inverted one in the thread on these forums. I prefer non inverted one and since I don't use MMS that much it's not a big deal.

Got tired of goSMS and the default MMS app just seems too bulky, too much wasted space IMO.

theothermillion

MMS Worked great here with viperROM. I can receive MMS but I can't send. Tried with this one and the regular non-inverted one in the thread on these forums. I prefer non inverted one and since I don't use MMS that much it's not a big deal.

Got tired of goSMS and the default MMS app just seems too bulky, too much wasted space IMO.

Same here. I can receive MMS but when I try to send an MMS the app crashes. I hardly ever send MMS so I hadn't tried that out until now.

Jarvis_II

Sep 20, 2012
Pushing apk not working on Eken tablet(4.0)

Hello guys,
I tried pushing the Contacts.apk and the Phone.apk to the /system/app/ using the 'adb push', it was successfully pushed but even after rebooting the device its not showing in the launcher.. I'm I missing some thing ?

cxcorpx

Jun 30, 2010
Santiago
Battery Stock

I hate to see the battery drain in my Evo LTE, Someone, please can help me give it to me a stock battery, im in mean rom 4.4. Thanks.

ipguy

May 8, 2007
I don't see a contacts.apk or phone.apk in /system/app.

Should they be there before I install these?

Top Liked Posts