Op g pro mods and now working splitview

Search This thread

Emmanuel2000

Oct 9, 2012
can someone post the G3 theme LGincallUi.apk? none of the ones in this thread helped me i have a 16.9mb apk that i tried and the one in the backed up rom here also i am in the e980.

jwilliamf

Jun 16, 2011
Texas
can someone post the G3 theme LGincallUi.apk? none of the ones in this thread helped me i have a 16.9mb apk that i tried and the one in the backed up rom here also i am in the e980.

If you are trying to install LGincallui.apk by moving into system/priv-app alone, it will not work. To have the incallui like the g3 you need LGincallui.apk and LGtelephonyprovider.apk I think.

Emmanuel2000

Oct 9, 2012
Sorry, my bad. I mention the wrong apk. You will need LGIncallui.apk and LGTeleService.apk. Move both to /system/priv-app with 644 permission.

Thanks that did it!

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Sorry, my bad. I mention the wrong apk. You will need LGIncallui.apk and LGTeleService.apk. Move both to /system/priv-app with 644 permission.

does LGMessage.apk need another file to work? i tried it too but it force closed on me.

jwilliamf

Jun 16, 2011
Texas
Thanks that did it!

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

does LGMessage.apk need another file to work? i tried it too but it force closed on me.

Not that i know. Try with odex file and without it. After moving the file to system and setup permission, reboot and clear cache and dalvik.

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City
lgmessage without odex = crash
lgmessage with odex = crash
lgmessage without odex + cache partition cleared = crash

didn't want to try with odex.

On system/priv-app, find first "UniMessagebin.apk" then rename it (What i did is rename it as UniMessagebin(old).apk). Then next up, obtain LGMessage.apk from cloudyfa's g3 rom and copy it to system/priv-app. set permissions to rwrr-0644 then reboot. Worked on my LG E988. Also, what i noticed was, there was no need to replace .odex files.

Emmanuel2000

Oct 9, 2012
On system/priv-app, find first "UniMessagebin.apk" then rename it (What i did is rename it as UniMessagebin(old).apk). Then next up, obtain LGMessage.apk from cloudyfa's g3 rom and copy it to system/priv-app. set permissions to rwrr-0644 then reboot. Worked on my LG E988. Also, what i noticed was, there was no need to replace .odex files.

if you rename your messaging app to "UniMessagebin(old).apk" it will still be active and when you paste LGMessage.apk to the priv-app folder the system will use the latest, however you also mention that you didn't replace or rename your .odex file but that is odd since i am thinking it should be
UniMessagebin.apk.old
UniMessagebin.odex.old

right?no?
then just copy and paste LGMessage.apk to the same folder set permissions as 644 then reboot? after this it still crashes on startup.

I have a logcat if someone wants to look at it

Attachments

• logcatmms.txt
    31 KB · Views: 4

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City
if you rename your messaging app to "UniMessagebin(old).apk" it will still be active and when you paste LGMessage.apk to the priv-app folder the system will use the latest, however you also mention that you didn't replace or rename your .odex file but that is odd since i am thinking it should be
UniMessagebin.apk.old
UniMessagebin.odex.old

right?no?
then just copy and paste LGMessage.apk to the same folder set permissions as 644 then reboot? after this it still crashes on startup.

I have a logcat if someone wants to look at it

Once UniMessagebin.apk is renamed to UniMessagebin(old).apk, the system will terminate the apk. Upon setting LGMessage.apk and setting permissions then rebooting, the system will immediately recognize it as the messaging app.

I experimented with porting the g3 apks together with the odex files, and what ultimately happened was that no changes occured. Then when I tried without the .odex the changes began taking into effect. I was able to port almost all the g3 apps and interface files, except for a handful, by simply knowing where the files should be copied, renaming old files, copying the new files to destination folder, setting permissions then rebooting

nicklefloss

Jun 15, 2010
Once UniMessagebin.apk is renamed to UniMessagebin(old).apk, the system will terminate the apk. Upon setting LGMessage.apk and setting permissions then rebooting, the system will immediately recognize it as the messaging app.

I experimented with porting the g3 apks together with the odex files, and what ultimately happened was that no changes occured. Then when I tried without the .odex the changes began taking into effect. I was able to port almost all the g3 apps and interface files, except for a handful, by simply knowing where the files should be copied, renaming old files, copying the new files to destination folder, setting permissions then rebooting

Hey I wish I could help you in this effort. Are you trying to do this on stock? For some reason stock is the hardest thing to modify.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found this little gem guys hope you like it as much as I do!

1. Uninstall the old lg keyboard. (Install any keyboard from playstore)
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Install and wipe. Fix permissions.
    4. reboot to system and enjoy!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2767660

Just got the LG G3 launcher.

To install the g3 lg home and change the permissions you have to put the apk in priv app folder and change the name of original lg home... Install the new lg home and then restart... New lg home will work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6pls57v1mj0mxwz/AAACWp-JfAmIhjkbjF_YhQdoa

Ok guys this is the LG home update... No permissions just install. And the other apps I believe you need to uninstall before you install... I had errors... I'll update you as I test this out.
    Enjoy!

new g3 edits from LGviet.com and it pretty much has a g3 notication bar for every g pro rom on xda. use chrome to translate and please read it is straight forward...

http://lgviet.com/forum/threads/nhan-mod-setting-systemui-phong-cach-g3-cho-cac-bac-gpro.21178/
    sadynehu.jpg
    5avery3a.jpg
    8ezemu5u.jpg

Now working splitview!!!
    I told you guys I'll get that for you!
    Take note i've only tested the gpro2 verison...
    Up next i just want to completely port all or most of g3 apks and compile a new rom... Let's get to work

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Here is my recovery/backup

First of all, This is NOT a G3 Port. I say again, This is NOT a G3 Port. I am not a Dev, so there are a lot of stuff
    I can't mod. If there are any devs outhere that want to help us out, please do so. Other than that, I think this is
    as close as I can get it to G3. (Not modded are, framework, systemui, settings) those need somebody smarter than me. lol

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Sources:

LG Home Theme from AyDee Go to Thread
    Thanks to AyDee (Please, Donate to AyDee) Donate

SplitWindow from GrAndAG Go to Thread
    Thanks to GrAndAG (Please Donate to GrAndAG) Donate

Lots of stuff from CloudyG3 Go to Thread
    CloudyG3 Thanks to Cloudyfa (Please Donate to Cloudyfa) Donate

Base Rom e988 from alexisv635
    Thanks to alexisv635

Features:
    • Knock off
    • Answer me
    • Slide Aside
    • Dual window
    • Split view
    • Spring cleaning
    • Daydream

Installation Instructions:

Download G3Flavored.rar
    This is a CWM backup and must be RESTORED in CWM.

1-download the zip file(G3 Flavored 988 Rom).
    2-extract the backup folder from the zip.
    3-you should end up with a folder labeled,-2014-07-17.19.57.54
    4-with a file browser copy the folder labeled 2014-07-17.19.57.54 into the folder external/Clockworkmod/Backup folder.
    5-boot into recovery.
    6-wipe data/factory reset
    7-select the -backup and Restore- option.
    8-select restore from /storage/sdcard1.
    9-select yes.
    10-when restore is complete Reboot, give it sometime, Enjoy!

Extra steps:
    After setting your phone, go into theme and change the theme to G3.

****For Systemui mod, use G2 TweakBox (already installed but will need to donate for full features)****

Download HERE: G3Flavored.rar

Tips:
    For even better battery life install this:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/madmack/GPRO/CM10_1/modem/E980-MODEM-BM9615A-CWM.zip

If anybody have systemui, systemproviderui, setting, and easysetting modded that can work with this, please share!

Hit the Thank Button if I help you!
    New upload, now with more official lenguage (Spanish inclued)

Thanks @luisoman2000 and @jwilliamf for the support, I take the opportunity to announce a new ROM and some modifications to my original post. Maybe when you want to format, want to give it a try. Thank you.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52787877&postcount=56
    OK, so I uninstalled all led control apps, reset the led switch under display and reboot. Now the led seems to work with texts, emails and missed calls. It lights up at much slower intervals than I'm used to, but is comparable to stock. Something seems to be not jibing but that said, I have what I need. Thanks for this! I'm thrilled to have it working as close to a g3 as I'm gonna get for now ??

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Could you please tell me which led control apps?

...Also,if you want the stock browser from the G3 Rom here it is:

LGBrownser.apk

Step:

1- Delete or rename Browser-JB.apk from /system/priv-app
    2- Install the apk from link above like a normal apk install.

Done!

Here is the G3 LGNotebook.apk:
    LGNotebook.apk

Step:
    1- Delete or rename Notebook.apk from /system/app
    2- Copy apk from above link on /system/app
    3- Set Permission to 644
    4. Reboot
    Done!

Here is the G3 LGVideoEditor.apk
    LGVideoEditor.apk

Step:
    1- Delete or rename VideoEditor.apk from /system/priv-app
    2- Copy apk from above link into /system/priv-app
    3-Set Permission to 644
    4. Reboot

Thanks
    I have a good amount of apks working from that G3 port. I am using the e988 as base. Its looking good so far. No fc and my battery life is a dream.

I have an idea but its gonna take a lot of work on your part. If you could do a clean install, install all the g3 apps, do a clockworkmod backup and upload that backup its gonna be the closest g3 rom the optimus pro has. i have a e980 att so ill be more than glad to test it out =) what do you think?