[Q] Help! flashing error

Search This thread

ShawnGotBANDZ

Aug 3, 2010
Columbus, OH
I rooted my phone, and downloaded bootstrap to flash rom... I downloaded cyanogenmod rom and it didn't install correctly, now when I turn the phone on it says
"failed to boot 2
starting rsd mode" and it's stuck there... Please help me!!

FernBch

You need to SBF back to stock 154_5, 198_6, or 198_7. Find the videos by qbking77, there will be complete instructions.

Also, CyanogenMod ROMs cannot be installed via bootstrap. They are for unlocked users only. Look at the different ROMs in the dvlevelopment threads and see what suits your needs. Unlocked ROMs install with a custom recovery. Unlocking breaks 4G!!!! Read up and decide what is good for you and follow the flashing instructions exactly.

Also, after you SBF and before you boot for the first time run a factory reset from within recovery. If you don't you will bootloop.

My MoPho's in the kitchen sink!!

ShawnGotBANDZ

Aug 3, 2010
Columbus, OH
You need to SBF back to stock 154_5, 198_6, or 198_7. Find the videos by qbking77, there will be complete instructions.

Also, CyanogenMod ROMs cannot be installed via bootstrap. They are for unlocked users only. Look at the different ROMs in the dvlevelopment threads and see what suits your needs. Unlocked ROMs install with a custom recovery. Unlocking breaks 4G!!!! Read up and decide what is good for you and follow the flashing instructions exactly.

Also, after you SBF and before you boot for the first time run a factory reset from within recovery. If you don't you will bootloop.

My MoPho's in the kitchen sink!!
I tried all 3 of those and they all failed... smh I'm sick =/

i7vSa7vi7y

Account currently disabled
Feb 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
They failed because your battery is too low. It doesn't charge in rsd mode.
Here's your options:
Charge battery with another phone.
Charge with batter strait in wall charger.
Cut a charger cord and put the black and red wire under the battery on the correct + and - spots.
Send to sprint and see if they will replace it. This happened to me and they gave me a new phone.

Also flash using the back usb ports. They write 2x faster than the front ports.