My Xoom WiFi (stock) just got pushed Android update (IML77)

Search This thread

chaun

Aug 5, 2010
Dublin
@te0o Nope, running stock "whatever came with it". Bought from amazon UK so probably EU Xoom.

Was nearly going to flash a custom from this week and all!!

linuxdood

Aug 23, 2010
stock wifi only got official ics push today

It is certainly more polished. Speed is improved. It's not the "OMG it's like a new tablet improved". I wonder if the EOS rom is different in that regard?

te0o

Jan 12, 2012
Burgas
@te0o Nope, running stock "whatever came with it". Bought from amazon UK so probably EU Xoom.

Was nearly going to flash a custom from this week and all!!
I'm so jealous of you! :D I'm gonna have to wait months to get the update for the 3g version in my sparrow-fart country. :D I heard ICS has issues with the tablet going to sleep. Can someone give a more detailed description of the known issues with the new OS so far?

ionSeven

Nov 4, 2008
York
Yey just changed my UK Xoom to US GED and got the update straight away, so far so good, no complaints yet :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

matthewsammut

Oct 25, 2010
Yey just changed my UK Xoom to US GED and got the update straight away, so far so good, no complaints yet :)

Just did the same thing tonight.... really loving it... so much smoother than before.

Thing that sucks the most is that you can't delete files off the SD card as you could with the UK software.
And battery seems to be goin down much faster too! Anyone else?

Oh and has anyone got Google currents running on ics? Mine won't seem to install using the apk

Accophox

Nov 27, 2010
Edmonton
Got my update pushed last night. It's not as revolutionary as it'll be when my phone gets it, but it's definitely nice.

CA Xoom flashed with US F/W.

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com
I have a Motorola Xoom (WiFi) from Canada that had it's firmware flashed to the US firmware a while back.

This morning I turn on my xoom, went into the setting, about tablet and found:

Android update (IML77) Download failed - 81.9MB

There is a Retry download button that I must of hit over a 100 times already today and nothing seems to happen. I've also rebooted the Xoom a few times.

Why did it fail to update?
Is there any way for me to get this update to work?

You are on the non rooted stock Honeycomb right?

Try this:

Go to Settings-Applications--Manage Applications

Click All tab.

Scroll down to the Googe Services Framework. Tap it and clear data. Then go to Settings-About and hit System Update/check for update.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Is anyone else having issues waking up their Xoom? It seems like when my Xoom goes to sleep, more often than not, I have to reboot it (volume up + power) just to get the screen to come back on. I'm bone stock on the OTA update.

I know this is a **** option, but if it happens to me (hasn't yet), I am going to do it.

Now that you are on ICS, try a factory data reset. Maybe that will do it? I know that it has helped me with issues in the past after flashing custom ROMS.

Last edited:

ionSeven

Nov 4, 2008
York
Agree completely about the battery but suppose that may get sorted sometime, and the deleting off the SD thing, I'm sure I read somewhere that there's a way around it, but still...yeah I'm well chuffed and pleased I did it.

latteladyla

Feb 3, 2011
Los Angeles
ICS Update, smooth so far

Got the OTA this am for ICS. Update was smooth & fast. No issues so far. Uninstalled & re-installed Flash as rec. Updating from stock this is a big improvement:D .
h674391249j

Makes the tablet run much faster, especially if you have not rooted & were running stock. I really like the new sizable widgets & the easy screen capture. Neat little feature is you can drag one app shortcut on top of another & it quickly make a folder for you, automatically.

Now if HBOGo would just update their app for tablets/ICS, I would be thrilled!

TJEclipse

Apr 11, 2011
Florida Panhandle
I haven't had mine on in a few days so tonight when I turned it on, the update popped up, I didn't know exactly what it was doing but I'm now on ics! Pretty cool

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Arthur#1

Jan 19, 2012
Rotterdam
received my update this morning 7am in Germany.
My Xoom is the US WiFi Version.

All I could do this morning is to start the update wait for it to finish and then I had to go to work...so I can't wait to get home and play with it.

Yeah that's a US version. I think mine is european, so that sucks:(!! I check my xoom like 5 times a day, but still nohting.

Does anyone know how I can see wether my xoom is european or US, because i didn't bought mine in a store.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMAG0275.jpg

Installing now. Will advise.

My Xoom is stock and I was not part of the Motorola testing group.
    Yep. It's ICS.

IMAG0277.jpg

v 4.0.3
    Bought the xoom just as it came out in the US..now in India for the holidays and haven't got the OTA update yet....upgraded to 3.2.1 here in India...so will I be getting the update anytime now or when it comes out internationally?
    It comes out according to your ROM location (which is US?), not your actual physical location.
    So how it is ? Do you see a boost on reactivity and browser experience ? I'm on Transformer 1 so i have to wait 2 weeks... But want to know how Tegra 2 is dealing with ICS
    Everything is so much smoother. The interfce doesn't have awkward pauses. Browswer is faster and doesn't lock up as much, or crash.

I also remember hearing that ICS properly uses dual-core, unlike HC where it would use 2nd core only under stress.

Overall, pretty noticeable improvement.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!! Just got mine (WiFi US XOOM 32GB)

AMAZING DAY!

1) Snowing in Seattle = no school

2) ICS update for XOOM!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D