[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] BAKED BlackBean 8 [4.2.2][03/28/2013]

Search This thread

cornaljoe

Credits
A big thanks to everyone involved in making this possible including: Google, CyanogenMod, CMTeamEpic, Unjustified Dev, klin1344, didhiy, bthorne79, effsi, and other devs and users of xda.
Last but certainly not least TeamBAKED: travp624, termleech, B_BoyTM, mastur_mynd, nycbjr, Drgravy1, dreamsforgott3n, jdlogan151, dhrb23, ebs512, and cliffwade

If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM me and I'll will include credit.

Disclaimer: Neither TeamBAKED nor I are responsible for anything you do to your device. Flash at your own risk!

Downloads

--Newest Release--
***Removed at the request of TeamBaked***
***BB9 not officially released***

--Older versions--
Baked 8 - 03/28/2013

--Choose one--
Baked Inverted GApps - 20120308 [Unified]
Google Apps - 20130301 [4.2.2]

Last edited:

cornaljoe

--Instructions--
1. Download ROM and GApps above.
2. Perform CWM/TWRP Backup
3. Perform factory reset wiping Cache, Dalvik, and Data.
4. Flash ROM, then GApps of choice.
5. Reboot and get BAKED!

NOTE: Switching to the nexus modem and compatible kernel will allow the Baked bootanimation to work.
1. Flash ROM using the steps above.
2. Flash effsi universal swapmodem located here.
3. Flash a nexus compatible kernel found here: didhiy or effsi
4. Reboot recovery and then flash a nexus modem. *You can do this step in ODIN if you are not comfortable with flashing in recovery.
5. Reboot and using a root file manager copy this: Baked Bootanimation to "/system/media/bootanimation.zip"

--Changelog--
04/25/2013
Synced changes with CM10.1 and BakedBean 9 upto 04/24/2013
Added didhiy's lastest Nitest kernel (04/18) and bigmem patch

04/07/2013
Synced changes with CM10.1 and BakedBean 9 upto 04/07/2013
Enabled capacitive keys overlay fixing longpress key bindings
Enabled device settings overlay allowing access to EpicParts
Changed to CM10 bootanimation
Added Thinkfree system app.

03/28/2013
Initial test release

--Known Issues--
CM related issues: Bluetooth, etc.

Last edited:

epic559

Oct 17, 2012
Fresno,Cali 559
Nice :) never tried bb7 cuz it came out when there wer 4.2.2 roms out alrdy and 4.2.2 is way better then 4.1.2 well to me it is lol would love to try out bb8 :) thanks to every1 that's makin this happen

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Downloading now :)

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

So the baked unified gapps are for our device right?

epic559

Oct 17, 2012
Fresno,Cali 559
Nice rom I like slim to much lol going back to it but I do like the color customizations with everything would love to see a baked blackbean with slimbean lol :)

Last edited:

cornaljoe

Nice :) never tried bb7 cuz it came out when there wer 4.2.2 roms out alrdy and 4.2.2 is way better then 4.1.2 well to me it is lol would love to try out bb8 :) thanks to every1 that's makin this happen

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Downloading now :)

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

So the baked unified gapps are for our device right?

Yes, unified for our older device.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

got rom to boot but had a system ui crash and acouple others...was wondering if this is expected or should I download again? my browser crashed while downloading acouple files and I resumed them so I am assuming this could be a bad download...anyways thanks and let me know!

edit: bad download...other files got corrupted as well when ie crashed...gay; im downloading chrome now...

Last edited:

epic559

Oct 17, 2012
Fresno,Cali 559
Yea I swapped to ns4g and everything was good I played with it for awhile everything seemed to be fine to me

Top Liked Posts