Moto upgrade in the pipe line

Search This thread

dog121

Oct 24, 2011
london
Thanks so hopefully some ware between April and June..

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using xda app-developers app

z720

Jan 4, 2009

neandertaler19

Apr 26, 2011
thanks for the info... but it looks like need to flash back to OEM then only get KK.

Yes, as Mark said:
A couple things to keep in mind:

1. You should be on an a Motorola official release.

2. Upgrades are not dependent on the location you are in but the software you are on currently. They may not happen simultaneously by region/service provider.

3. Your phone must be actively connected with the update servers.

4. You shouldn't be rooted. Apps shouldn't be uninstalled by means other than available via the phone's interface.

5. Bootloader unlock shouldn't otherwise your affect ability to update/upgrade.

Mark
Forums Manager
Source: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/38f9a0a5aa?commentId=774394#774394

FrikandelChris

Jan 24, 2012
I'm quite interessed, but I'm unlocked, rooted,... Thanks for this Information

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

yostyle

May 19, 2008
I am on stock and I only rooted my phone. If I do a hard reset will the root be lost? If not there's a way to get unrooted, maybe with an app?

ReeSilva

Dec 30, 2010
Hey folks,

I know that is like a annoying and stupid question but a long long time I don't flash something on my RAzr I. How can I back my cellphone to stock version, unroot it and lock again the bootloader? Cuz I made my subscription to feedback network and I want to be able to receive the upgrade.

Thank u

ICuaI

Apr 27, 2013
Hey folks,

I know that is like a annoying and stupid question but a long long time I don't flash something on my RAzr I. How can I back my cellphone to stock version, unroot it and lock again the bootloader? Cuz I made my subscription to feedback network and I want to be able to receive the upgrade.

Thank u

Follow this guide and all your wishes will come true :p (stock, unrooted, locked bootloader)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44430691&postcount=4

ICuaI

Apr 27, 2013
You dont need lock the bootloader, i dont recommend it for the future.

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk
You are absolutly right. It has been said, that a locked BL isn't needed. But if he wants, he can do it with this guide :cool:

otherwise to get only the stock-firmware flash it with RSD-Lite. This will also unroot the phone

Last edited:
Reactions: Marco Lomas

ReeSilva

Dec 30, 2010
You are absolutly right. It has been said, that a locked BL isn't needed. But if he wants, he can do it with this guide :cool:

otherwise to get only the stock-firmware flash it with RSD-Lite. This will also unroot the phone

You dont need lock the bootloader, i dont recommend it for the future.

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

You, sirs, made my day. Thank u a lot and sorry for the stupid question :D

Top Liked Posts