[ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.4] [3.4 kernel] [Nightlies] With /data/media

Search This thread

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
Whenever I flash an update, I also flash the GApps. That will usually take care of the play store issue.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app

flintman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 25, 2011
MASS
Whenever I flash an update, I also flash the GApps. That will usually take care of the play store issue.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app

Yes when you update it formats the system partition which inturn requires reflashing of GAPPS. Sorry all it seems like i have been hiding but work this summer has been nonstop. Working 14+ hour days and by the time i get home it's bed time then back out again. Luckly the summer is only a few months out of the year. I'll be back at it full force once things slow down. There will be updates with evervolv still comming but device specific once i have some free time.

wazzaman

Aug 28, 2008
Hi all!

I enjoy very much my good old Touchpad with the Ev-tenderloin-3.3.0p1-queo release and just looked a the update from the settings menu.
I've red every changelog and some says DONT MERGE, when it goes to 4.4.4

That it mean that i Mustn't update from 3.3 to 17-06 / 4.4.4 from the touchpad upgrade ?

thanks a lot for your precisions ;)

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Hi all!

I enjoy very much my good old Touchpad with the Ev-tenderloin-3.3.0p1-queo release and just looked a the update from the settings menu.

That it mean that i Mustn't update from 3.3 to 17-06 / 4.4.4 from the touchpad upgrade ?

The changelog simply tells users what changes have been made to the ROM code from the last change. Most changes are merged into the common code for the ROM. DON'T MERGE means that the committers don't want the changes to be included in the main code. It has nothing to do with the users of the ROM. Upgrade if you want.

Reactions: wazzaman

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
Hi all!

Been using that one and no issues - give it a go. If you are worried, just make a backup first but move on.

len207

Apr 24, 2009
c​
Is Netflix working on this version ?
The updated version of Netflix

In a single word response no. However if you tinker around with screen size and position of play controls the latest Netflix does play the movie fine. If you then decide to fast forward or rewind then it back to tinkering, same if you view a different video. Not yet ready for those who don't have patience to tinker. One bright spot was the more one tinkered the quicker it was to get a good playback!

johnsmith33584

May 20, 2014
Is Netflix working on this version ?
The updated version of Netflix

c​

In a single word response no. However if you tinker around with screen size and position of play controls the latest Netflix does play the movie fine. If you then decide to fast forward or rewind then it back to tinkering, same if you view a different video. Not yet ready for those who don't have patience to tinker. One bright spot was the more one tinkered the quicker it was to get a good playback!

FYI, the link in FishDoc's post does not work, but you can find the two files he mentions here. Scroll down to the "Attached Files" and download them from there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2405995

Originally Posted by FishDoc View Post

Netflix works on this ROM using 1.8.1 apk. However, it does hiccup and labors to display a decent presentation of a film. There is a work-around that does work on this ROM and I have been generally pleased with performance.
A complete write up (thanks pastordi) that I used can be found at: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2405995
Post #14 in that thread touches on the key point.
The installation is quite simple. I did the following: Uninstall any version of Netflix currently on your touchpad.
Download com.netflix.mediaclient.v3.2.1-B1346.apk.zip and NetflixHackPersist.zip to your computer. Both files are linked in the above thread. Change the name of NetflixHackPersist to cm-update.zip.
Copy both files (the cm-update.zip and the Netflix apk to the any folder in the TP. I used the Download folder for simplicity.
Delete any existing Netflix app on your TP.
Use ES File Explorer (ES3) or appropriate app to install the Netflix apk. After installation go to recovery and install the cm-update.zip file. Then reboot. I've found that you may have to reboot 2 or three times for the program to work correctly. As with many video programs the first minute may be jerky but it quickly settles down and runs great.
YMMV but this is the best work around that I've found.

Also, be sure to uncheck auto update from the Netflix app in Play Store. I have also found that after you start this Netflix app the first time and it fails to load you may have to go back to recovery and reinstall the cm-update zip. After you reboot Netflix should work. If it doesn't you have some other problem that may require a clean install.

Good luck,
FishDoc

Chosen_on184

Jul 27, 2009
FYI, the link in FishDoc's post does not work, but you can find the two files he mentions here. Scroll down to the "Attached Files" and download them from there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2405995

Originally Posted by FishDoc View Post

Netflix works on this ROM using 1.8.1 apk. However, it does hiccup and labors to display a decent presentation of a film. There is a work-around that does work on this ROM and I have been generally pleased with performance.
A complete write up (thanks pastordi) that I used can be found at: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2405995
Post #14 in that thread touches on the key point.
The installation is quite simple. I did the following: Uninstall any version of Netflix currently on your touchpad.
Download com.netflix.mediaclient.v3.2.1-B1346.apk.zip and NetflixHackPersist.zip to your computer. Both files are linked in the above thread. Change the name of NetflixHackPersist to cm-update.zip.
Copy both files (the cm-update.zip and the Netflix apk to the any folder in the TP. I used the Download folder for simplicity.
Delete any existing Netflix app on your TP.
Use ES File Explorer (ES3) or appropriate app to install the Netflix apk. After installation go to recovery and install the cm-update.zip file. Then reboot. I've found that you may have to reboot 2 or three times for the program to work correctly. As with many video programs the first minute may be jerky but it quickly settles down and runs great.
YMMV but this is the best work around that I've found.

Also, be sure to uncheck auto update from the Netflix app in Play Store. I have also found that after you start this Netflix app the first time and it fails to load you may have to go back to recovery and reinstall the cm-update zip. After you reboot Netflix should work. If it doesn't you have some other problem that may require a clean install.

Good luck,
FishDoc
Thanks for the responses .. Tried it and got it to work ..
Sadly with the older version of Netflix since I cannot access my profile I gotta be going back and forth when trying to find where I left off with an season.

Hopefully they can patch a fix in .. or is it at the moment dead in the water ?

k4ever

Apr 28, 2008
I've had a lot of reboots with the new version. I had none with the version before.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

len207

Apr 24, 2009
I also am running the latest version of this ROM and using Art instead of Davlik. The only reboot I have had was with an earlier version. Once going the system runs OK, there is major lag opening some apps for the first time. Restarting theTP with this ROM and Art is painful! Once you reach the lock screen it is an eternity before the TP is fully operational. But considering this is a device never designed to run Android or certainly not Kitkat the ROM runs well!

k4ever

Apr 28, 2008
I also am running the latest version of this ROM and using Art instead of Davlik. The only reboot I have had was with an earlier version. Once going the system runs OK, there is major lag opening some apps for the first time. Restarting theTP with this ROM and Art is painful! Once you reach the lock screen it is an eternity before the TP is fully operational. But considering this is a device never designed to run Android or certainly not Kitkat the ROM runs well!

I gave up on ART. IMO it is just too slow on the TouchPad and offers no real benefit.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

masdacheri

Nov 7, 2010
After use all update nightly 4.4.4 get SOD n i know suspect is hotword google now on google louncher coz i change louncher SOD gone n not get app/system non responding..but i test to actived again hotword ok google on 3 party louncher with xposed SOD come again..so im sure that problems

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4.4).

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
    Updated 4-4-14
    • Bluetooth working --Still a WIP as some devices don't connect
    • Camera working --Still a WIP as the camcorder records in blue and a few minor issues
    • home key doesn't turn device on need to use power button--FIXED in the next nightly should be 4-5-2014
    • Battery draw around 50mA in sleep
    • Some experience SOD when hotword detect is active
    • Location service has stopped with Googles update looking into now
    You tell me what you find.
    4G Models are not currently supported

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (New Site is up Check it out)

Evervolv Bug Tracker: http://bugs.evervolv.com/
    (Please have discretion when reporting issues, and be descriptive / helpful. Also understand that we'll have some growing pains with this. So don't expect everything to be perfect.)

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/wbellavance

IRC: #evervolv

[Download]
    If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.

No more nightlies Moved to 5.0 Lollipop

ev_tenderloin-1-23-15 Last and final for 4.0 -> Fix netflix

FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-2.7.1.0-6-7-2014.zip
    --This is a flashing TWRP recovery with data/media and SELINUX support. I have tested 100% of the features and everything is working great as far as i can tell. Soo
    with that being said. Use at your own risk 8). Make sure you save a backup from your current recovery just in case. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
    --Broke Vibration as i updated kernel.

NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

[Disclaimer]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

[Special Thanks]
    i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
    Mitchbaria --for a 4g model to start in on this
    Colchiro-- For a spare Touchpad WIFI to be able to test on one and develop at the same time
    New update today a lot of changes finally switch over to a newer 3.4 kernel. I have been running for a month now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
    Hey,

Wanted to update everyone on Evervolv's progress. We have gotten to a point now with 5.0 where its' building. There has been a good amount of work that has gone into this (Elginsk8r big thanks). Going to start on working on getting the TP running 5.0. I have no ETA but i would like to have something booted by weeks end. Once i get something that is somewhat stable (maybe some features not working) ill start a new lollipop thread. Just wanted to have everyone sitting on the edge of there seats awaiting 8). I'm iching to have it booted up. Ill let you know how it's going.

Thanks
    Flintman
    Ok just wanted to update everyone. I'm currently testing out some wifi, audio, and inkernel mpdecision. Hopefully this will take care of any of the rouge issues out there. Once i'm happy with it ill post a test build before moving it into the nighties.