BOOT ANIMATIONS(EVEN SOUND)](42 Anis)[TeamDART] For NOTE II

Search This thread

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012
alright you all here I go again lol. To start I'm doing an old school one from back when I was a "Kid". Some might remember Radiskull and Devildoll.

f0000.jpeg

Flashable Zip (aroma): Radiskull & Devildoll

Very awesome!
Love to see the sound is working now!

Awesome start!
Can't wait to see how it all pans out, literally happy as all hell right now haha.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

mluciotti

Jul 8, 2012
Elkridge
Alright I will try to make the instructions easier to follow.

Expanded instructions based on joshbeach's original instructions.

ok,

nandroid backup- never know what can happen, so backup first.

Use Root Explorer

When you open Root Explorer go to System then Bin.

Click on Mount R/W to allow you to perform edits.

Find the file named samsungani and rename samsungani to samsungani.bak (or delete)
Next find the file named bootanimation (note this is not the bootanimation.zip that comes later, this is a file already in the folder that is just named bootanimation) rename bootanimation to samsungani

Now go back to the System folder and go to the Media folder and make sure it is on Mount R/W

Find the file named bootsamsung.qmg and rename bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsung.bak (or delete it)
Find the file named bootsamsungloop.qmg and rename bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsungloop.bak (or delete)
Now you will put the bootanimation.zip you got from here and add bootanimation.zip to into the Media folder.

reboot

profit.

If you still have any questions let me know.

Noob question: So I have the installer working using TWRP, however the only boot sound I can get to play is the original Sprint sound. And this happens with boot anis that have sound files in them (such as Black Ops and Sons of Anarchy). What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: rhidalgo1973

JesusBuiltMyDeathstar

Jan 20, 2013
Still in the process... I hate this, seems like I'm failing a lot of people :(. I know I keep postponing the date for the new release but the last few eeks have been 8-5 work and 6-10 school, by that time I am knocked out. But it will be out as soon as I get a few days free

Brother...We appreciate your current work as well as your past masterpieces. And Im pretty sure people who have requests can wait patiently as "we all" understand not all if us have time to put 100% of our time into such things like this as we all have personal lives outside of XDA Forums. Well...most of us anyways. Just my way of saying thank you:)

~JesusDeathstar Loves You~

Reactions: devynbf

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012
Brother...We appreciate your current work as well as your past masterpieces. And Im pretty sure people who have requests can wait patiently as "we all" understand not all if us have time to put 100% of our time into such things like this as we all have personal lives outside of XDA Forums. Well...most of us anyways. Just my way of saying thank you:)

~JesusDeathstar Loves You~

^ :thumbup:

Yes, we appreciate everything you do for us Kev, your work on Jelly bomb and others roms is awesome.
Love your aromas.

We can wait patiently until you have more time with this project.
:D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Step 2 open es file explorer and navigate to system/bin
Step 3 delete (thats what i did) or rename samsungani.bak all small case letters
Step 4 rename the existing bootanimation file in system/bin to samsungani IMPORTANT Must all be small case letters!!!! No Caps
Step 5 navigate to system/media
Step 6 rename bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsung.bak (I deleted) These are the stock sounds your phone makes on boot
Step 7 rename bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsungloop.bak (I delete)
Step 8 paste your custom bootanimation.zip IMPORTANT Must be called this and also be all lower case letters as well. No caps
Step 9 push and hold on your custom bootanimation.zip and choose properties
Step 10 push the change button for permissions and check for user the boxes read and write boxes, then for group check read only, and last for other check read only and press ok and then press ok again.
I'm running stock deodexed as well with Perseus kernel 26.1

Thanks (and yes I hit the thanks button). For whatever reason, I couldn't get animation to work. Yet, I figured at some point I should have stumbled on it. I just didn't leave the zip extension on.

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Ok everyone... IM BACK!, start throwing some ideas out there. Custom or just links either way... defiantly hoping for donations though. Bills are racking up lol

johndillinger1932

Dec 12, 2012
Somerdale
Was wondering if anyone has made an Evangelion bootani for the note 2...I'm looking for a NERV based one to go with my setup which is basically cloned from the Docomo Sh-06d NERV edition...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

johndillinger1932

Dec 12, 2012
Somerdale
so after running a few other Roms, I went right back to Jellybomb 21.0
Trying to get my NERV bootanimation working as per Josh's instructions and all I get is a black screen. Where custom boots anis disabled on the last Note 2 Version of Jellybomb? Or am I completely missing something here?

*update

I figured it out, it was as simple as flashing bootanimation4u.zip

Last edited:

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
so after running a few other Roms, I went right back to Jellybomb 21.0
Trying to get my NERV bootanimation working as per Josh's instructions and all I get is a black screen. Where custom boots anis disabled on the last Note 2 Version of Jellybomb? Or am I completely missing something here?

*update

I figured it out, it was as simple as flashing bootanimation4u.zip

4u.zip?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IF YOU HAVE A REQUEST PLEASE ASK:
    (By priority, higher 1 gets checked 1st "ie. EMAIL")
    EMAIL: Themodder4528@gmail.com (Send your xda name and your request)
    XDA: (Message me with your xda name and request)
    MIRC: CLICK HERE, SIGN IN WITH YOUR XDA NAME AND TYPE OUT THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOUR WANTING WITH THE LOCATION TO THE IMAGE, ANIMATION OR VIDEO.. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU MENTION KEVINROCKSMAN IN THE IRC CHANNEL)
    TXT: (I used to put my phone # out there but there are to many immature people out there)

If anyone is interested in a boot animation please let me know, just send me a link to the animation you want. It can be a movie, gif or any other type of moving object lol and I can convert it in less than 30 min to a hour (most of the time) :D

V7.1 Aroma Boot Ani Flasher | V7.1 Aroma Boot Ani Flasher Torrent
    (Nov 21 2012)
    CHANGELOG
    let me know what you think of the layout and everything so far

There is something BIG coming in the next couple...weeks!
    I am going to port all my animations over from the lte, one x, and rezound to the NOTE 2.
    Ok, quick tutorial for all you guys wanting custom boot animations (until Kevin has time to write the script)

Just flash JellyBomb... no just kidding.

ok,

nandroid backup - never know what can happen, so backup first.

using root explorer or es file explorer...

Navigate to System/Bin.

rename samsungani to samsungani.bak (or delete)
    rename bootanimation to samsungani

Navigate to System/Media

rename bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsung.bak (or delete)
    rename bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsungloop.bak (or delete)
    add custom bootanimation.zip of your liking, and fix permissions as you would any other app.

reboot

profit.
    Its alll good bro! You have a life we all get it. But will be nice to see a few new ones bro

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

it's nice to see people still supporting me... Just feeling like sh1t lately and haven't felt like doing anything... granted I am going to start expanding once i get more in the team. Also working on a "cutom" project that is exclusive to jellybomb right now but im pretty sure once everyone sees this itll be in every rom...
    Just a couple thoughts, can you have the Samsung logo appear first before the bios just like computers have the manufacture logo first. AreYou gonna be doing the shut down animations to? Is anyone doing the splash screens if that's even possible. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900

well Ive been helping another dev out on a script for his rom so ive been busy for the last 3 days but there is someone else working on getting down anis to to work. He has got them to work but they are all static like and crappy looking but hes still working on it. Splash screens arnt possible I'm told because they are built into the kernel which would make it quite difficult to do... but tonight ill be releasing another version (its long overdo) with another 710 anis in it
    Here's some more clips from a bleach video I found on YouTube.

http://db.tt/BeBDz9sd

http://db.tt/1tsrYGgE

http://db.tt/eYL9YIlu

http://db.tt/izJyeZN7

http://db.tt/1RKk6Gkr

You're going to have to wait until next release for the sound to be fixed. The OP might have left somethings out by accident. He's got a lot on his plate.

Ya I left out a line in the bleach file.

Can't wait for the next update guys.
    I feel it will have some new, awesome boots!
    Maybe even downboot?
    :D

Oh there will be plenty of anis. I might cut it off after 500mb and create a seperate file though. As for down anis... still not 100% working. One of the other devs working with me on boots got the down anis working but it looks crappy.. but believe me once someone finds out a way all boot anis will work as down anis.

Those are also very cool.

And alright, understandable.
    I can be patient :)

Thanks lol. I do this in my free time... I have no job so this is mainly a hobby and wishfully a source of income... but I will continue doing it till something happens to me to the point of me not being able to function or touch a computer