Screenshots from TMo WM6 ROM:
smschatab1.png
defaultinboxpw3.png

TMo WM6 Fix:
Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\SMS\Rules\
Backup your Registry.
Delete all the entries there.
Reboot your phone.

The latest version uses a webbrowser class so the fonts can now be customized to suite the users taste. e.g. color, size, weight, style.

Features:
* add/update a new number directly to your Contacts list.
* messages are numbered so it is easier to copy/paste/save a particular message line
* delete a message window
* easily save the last message sent to a particular text file in your SD
* paste a contact name and number from your Contacts list to your message box
* smileys are now supported (although it is still limited)
* sms group sending
* individual sms tone for each contact.(use SMS Tones to set indicidual tones)
* block unknown numbers' sms message
* blacklist numbers for sms
* incoming message tone volume is independent from the set system volume
* sms sent counter
* option to show/not show incoming sms in the Inbox.
* call blocking with sms sending to VIP numbers
* auto power off at a specified time of the day

Works on WM5 and WM6 OS.

NOTE:
First thing to do is add the
Default Tone - for all incoming sms
Unknown Tone - for sms sent by a number not in your Contact List
Blocked Tone - for blocked sms notification.

there are still some bugs. Please post your comments and suggestions, if possible. Thank You.

additional info at: oldsap.blogspot.com

Updated:
9-24-07 Build
- fixed the "Reset Counter" error
- removed the "OK" emoticon

9-11-07 Build
- added an option to "Remove" a contact from the sms contact list. You can do this by pressing "R" when the chat window is in focus. When a new sms is received from the "Removed" contact, the previous chat session is resumed.

9-6-07 Build
- fixed the Add SMS to Inbox Error

9-3-07 Build
- moved the registry entries to a config.ini file
- added a Flash SMS (Class0) sending option
- added scroll up and scroll down for the chat window
- added my texts list

8-18-07 Build
Fixed: Error when msg box/contact list/etc. is in full screen and there is an incoming SMS
Added:
Shortcut to Turn On/Off Bluetooth

Last edited:

roflcopter

Jul 19, 2007
Ripon/Chico
ok. This is a great program! but i have a few issues which have hindered my use...

Issues:

!!! incoming messages are not being delivered to smschat for me. outgoing work fine, but I just receive them in the default inbox. i changed tones and everything for them, but still nothing incoming.

how does the paste thing work exactly? when i type in the line number, it just beeps.

Suggestions:

Suppress the alert when creating a new thread to add the number.

i had another one, but i forgot what it was.

This is an awesome program otherwise!

also, using t-mobile dash wm6

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
!!! incoming messages are not being delivered to smschat for me. outgoing work fine, but I just receive them in the default inbox. i changed tones and everything for them, but still nothing incoming.

- i had this issue before until i added a criteria for the interception rule. But since i added the required rule, the event is fired so i was able to capture the incoming sms in sms chat. Remember that the sms chat should always be running in the background for it to work.
Me and Da_Mayhem both are using HTC WM6 ROMs. I haven't tested it on a TMo ROM. Could anyone else with HTC WM6 ROM try this out?

how does the paste thing work exactly? when i type in the line number, it just beeps.
- when asked for the line number, type in the number you need, then press arrow up so that the focus will be on the chat window, then press the action button.

Suppress the alert when creating a new thread to add the number.

i had another one, but i forgot what it was.

- you may have to disable your error reporting in your system settings.

BTW, your short date setting should be in this form: 8/16/2007

Last edited:

roflcopter

Jul 19, 2007
Ripon/Chico
I changed my short date to 8/15/2007 but still no luck. I did however notice that when i send messages the time stamp looks like this...

1)16:57|8/|~ message

The date doesn't come up.

As for the alerts, error reporting is disabled, and they looks something like this...

Use this Number?

ALERT!

Yes No

Thanks

Reeg

Aug 10, 2007
Minnesnowta
- i had this issue before until i added a criteria for the interception rule. But since i added the required rule, the event is fired so i was able to capture the incoming sms in sms chat. Remember that the sms chat should always be running in the background for it to work.
Me and Da_Mayhem both are using HTC WM6 ROMs. I haven't tested it on a TMo ROM. Could anyone else with HTC WM6 ROM try this out?

What is the interception rule and how do I apply it so SMS Chat can intercept the incoming messages?

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
in my Settings, the Regional settings for Short Date Style is like this (HTC ROM):
16/08/2007
in HKLM\nls\overrides\SSDte looks like this:
d/MM/yyyy

The alerts are incorporated in the sms chat app so that if the contact you want to add has more than one number, you will be able to choose from among the numbers.

Let's make this thing work for you :)

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
What is the interception rule and how do I apply it so SMS Chat can intercept the incoming messages?

The interception rule is already added in the sms chat app itself. i set it to "" so that any message with or without a message body will pass through it.
Have you tried checking or unchecking the Options/Add SMS to Inbox to test if it is able to catch the incoming SMS?

Reeg

Aug 10, 2007
Minnesnowta
Yah, I have it checked and I don't know if it works yet, but now the messages I send out through SMS chat aren't getting to anyone for like 30 minutes after I send it.

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Yah, I have it checked and I don't know if it works yet, but now the messages I send out through SMS chat aren't getting to anyone for like 30 minutes after I send it.

if the sms message you've sent is already shown in the chat window, then it means it has already been sent. The delay has now nothing to do with the application. If there is an error in sending the sms message when using the application, the message won't be shown in the chat window, an alert message will appear.

Reeg

Aug 10, 2007
Minnesnowta
OK. I just got a text through the default Inbox and SMS Chat is open and the "Add SMS to Inbox" is checked. Don't know what's wrong, but I figure I'm just gonna wait til the HTC WM6 ROM comes out and replace my Tmo ROM with it. See if that works.

anthoneous

Mar 7, 2007
Has anyone got it to work i tried the new exe and it doesnt work TMO Dash by the way..

Last edited:

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
Has anyone got it to work i tried the new exe and it doesnt work TMO Dash by the way..

according to another guy who was working on an sms threader for wm6, there is a program that runs on tmobile's rom that is giving issues as far as receiving. he says he doesn't have a dash to test on so he doesn't know when he'll figure it out.

roflcopter

Jul 19, 2007
Ripon/Chico
my work blocks rapidshare so i cant get to the new exe right now. but i was thinking that it might be the my5faves program that intercepts first. if i get a message from one of my5, the myfaves program shows messages from them, so it may be intercepting them and not giving sms chat a chance? just a thought. i wont be able to play with it for another little bit though.