[XAP + SDK] WP7 Root Tools 0.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Frenk 19

Nov 16, 2011
My version of my HTC HD7 is:
My phone has been unlocked with Interop-Unlock, none Roms applied on the phone.

This is the message that appears when I start the application :

incompatible :

Your device is not recognized as compatible device. I'm always trying to add support for more device.Let meknow your brand and model and I will try to and support for it in future versions.

Is it normal??

Exodusrasta

Jan 10, 2012
My omnia w with diag. 1109 it's impossible to interop.
I got a student apphub account, in this wp7 root tool.xap on manifest.xml there is a line with:
<Capability Name="ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES" />
If I remove this line the .xap will work?

Heathcliff74 can you try to make the xap without <Capability Name="ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES" /> like fiinix did with Webservice (Mango)?

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
@Frenk 19: Your OS version doesn't matter (that Microsoft code, not device-specific). Your firmware/bootloader version matters (that's OEM code from HTC, and is what the device-specific hacks use). I'm guessing you have a *.*.5XXXX firmware version, meaning you updated the firmware some time since interop-unlocking.

@Exodusrasta: It turns out ID_CAP_INTEROPSYSTEMS actually means something (who'd have guessed?!?). Specifically, it allows accessing high-privilege drivers and services on the phone. WP7 Root Tools needs to be able to do that in order to run as TCB (get "root") in the first place. Fiinix's webserver was a purely low-privilege app and wasn't using ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES at all.

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
this runs fine in my samsung , but my wifes it loads but then says install phase 1 >continue ,then it stops working the device has 20 or thirty sideloads and the prior version worked fine, I only added this to try and install Jax's new tweaks!IT UPDATED THROUGH CAB SENDER MONTHS AGO

Samsung Focus SGH-i917
FIRMWARE:2103.11.3.3
HARDWARE:3.1.0.7
RADIO:2103.11.3.3
RADIO HARDWARE:.0.0.0.3
BOOTLOADER:5.3.1.6
CHIP SOC:0.36.2.0

I'm working on a new release of WP7 Root Tools and I hope to have this fixed then. I don't know a release-date yet, but it shouldn't take too long.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
I have a question about the SDK.

I'm using the filestream
Code:
WP7RootToolsSDK.FileStream s = new WP7RootToolsSDK.FileStream(@"\...\test.mp3", WP7RootToolsSDK.FileStreamMode.Read);
and want to use
Code:
s.Seek(-128, SeekOrigin.End);
which is not implemented :'(

Do you have any idea how to read the last 128 bytes without using a buffer with the complete length?

I'm working on a new release of the SDK with some bug-fixes and some new features. I will try to have the FileStream.Seek() implemented in it. I don't know a release-date yet, but it shouldn't take too long.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Reactions: ne0cr0n

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
is it possible to copy an entire folder? or is it possible to collect the unknown contents of a folders and copy them to another folder?

figure it has something to do with
Code:
WP7RootToolsSDK.FileSystem.GetFolder(@"\\Applications");
but i am unsure how to utilize it with
Code:
.GetSubItems();

thanks in advance.

Try something like this:

Code:
Folder src = FileSystem.GetFolder("\\MySourceFolder\\MySourceSubFolder\\");
FileSystem.CreateFolder("\\MyNewDestinationFolder\\");
foreach (FileSystemEntry file in src.GetSubItems())
{
    if ((file is File) && (!((file as File).IsRomModule)))
        FileSystem.Copy((file as File).Path, "\\MyNewDestinationFolder\\" + (file as File).Name);
}

I have not tested this, but this is the basic idea.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Reactions: sh4d0w86

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
Hi,

Cannot make wifi working on Samsung Focus since installed your WP7 Tools v0.8 alpha. Can connect and browse any wifi networks, but even if I'm connected to wifi, it doesnt send data thru it, so no pages loading on IE, cannot use market, cannot download anything etc., simply no connectivity. (more details here)

Any idea what could happen and how to fix it?

I have no idea how that happens. WP7 Root Tools does nothing to your Wifi, so I can't explain that behavior. If you have a backup, you could try to restore it.

Good luck,
Heathcliff74

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
Chevron is shutting down, which will revert phones using it to locked status. If I edit the registry using those values\data, will that stop relocking? My HTC Surround is dev-, interop- and root-unlocked.

If that won't work, what will?

It will not. They're upgrading all Chevron users to App Hub membership (albeit in a difficult and complicated fashion).

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/13/2...vronwp7-ends-users-upgrade-app-hub-membership

I can't give any guarantees obviously, but as far as I can see Interop Unlocked devices will not be relocked when Microsoft pulls the plug on Chevron.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
Heathcliff74,

i have purchased 2nd gen device omnia w (focus flash) and is there a way to unlock the device any method?? It will be very helpfull to the users of 2nd gen devices or you working on it already? Pls need a help bro plsss even the owners of 2nd gen devices want to taste the hacked features

OMNIA W 7.10.8107

My omnia w with diag. 1109 it's impossible to interop.
I got a student apphub account, in this wp7 root tool.xap on manifest.xml there is a line with:
<Capability Name="ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES" />
If I remove this line the .xap will work?

Heathcliff74 can you try to make the xap without <Capability Name="ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES" /> like fiinix did with Webservice (Mango)?

2nd gen Samsungs are supported as long as they are Interop Unlocked. The KK4 ROM-version of Samsung Omnia W can be Interop Unlocked. The ROM can be downloaded. The problem is that there is no proper flash-tool available yet to flash that ROM.

The InteropServices capability is necessary for WP7 Root Tools. It can't operate without that capability.

Read more here.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
Sure sounds like Nokia has done a bang up job locking things down - it's been all quiet on the Finnish front...thanks again for doing the hard work and good luck, guys.

any news about htc titan unlock

Hi Heathcliff74,

could you please add support for Lumia 710?
See this WP7 Root Tools not compartible with Nokia 710.
If you need any help, just pm me.

br g

My version of my HTC HD7 is:
My phone has been unlocked with Interop-Unlock, none Roms applied on the phone.

This is the message that appears when I start the application :

incompatible :

Your device is not recognized as compatible device. I'm always trying to add support for more device.Let meknow your brand and model and I will try to and support for it in future versions.

Is it normal??

I'm getting a lot of questions about the new NOKIA's and HTC's.

WP7 Root Tools needs either:
- Interop Unlock + hacked drivers
or
- Custom ROM with Full Unlock

So Interop Unlock alone is not enough. The new NOKIA and HTC drivers are well-protected, but I'm working hard to find an exploit in there.

Read more here.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Reactions: DavidinCT

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
Thanks for this awesome hack\app! It will most definitely take the Homebrew community to the next level.

I have a question about the Registry Editor - Some values are of "Multi-String value" type, and I wanted to know whether it's possible to edit those, or even view them.

The code to access those values is already in place. I just need to add a User Interface to view and edit such values. I will probably implement that in a future version. In the current version that is not possible.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010

hungelt8

Feb 5, 2009
Ive just did a factory reset on my OMNIA 7. Then I reinstalled WProottools on the phone but the app shows me "incompatable Your device is not recognized as compatoble device" when I open it. I remember this app was working before the factory reset. What's wrong with my phone?

Firmware: 2424.10.12.3
Hardware: 3.15.0.4
Radio s: 2424.11.2.2
Radio h:0.0.0.800

Heathcliff74

Dec 1, 2010
Ive just did a factory reset on my OMNIA 7. Then I reinstalled WProottools on the phone but the app shows me "incompatable Your device is not recognized as compatoble device" when I open it. I remember this app was working before the factory reset. What's wrong with my phone?

Firmware: 2424.10.12.3
Hardware: 3.15.0.4
Radio s: 2424.11.2.2
Radio h:0.0.0.800

I think you had an older version of WP7 Root Tools previously installed.

You seem to have a really old rom version. The latest WP7 Root Tools 0.9 do not seem to be compatible with those old roms. I am working on a new version with support for more rom-versions (you still need to be Interop Unlocked obviously). In the mean time, you should update to Mango + KI2 Samsung drivers. Use Cab-sender method (update through zune will give you OEM packages that will not allow you to Interop Unlock anymore). Read here for updates. Use the KH9 and the KI2 updates from Samsung.

Good luck,
Heathcliff74

hungelt8

Feb 5, 2009
It sounds weird because my omnia 7 has been updated to the latest version (8107). Ive checked the firmware version: XXJL3, is that too old?

hungelt8

Feb 5, 2009
I reflashed my phone with a newer version of firmware (KB2) and the app works like a charm like before. Thanks

Crash1k

Jan 22, 2012
Thanks a lot for this amazing piece of work! Great contribution!

Is it possible to backup/export data of one specific app, like Whatsapp (Conversations/History)? If yes, how would that work?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download: www.wp7roottools.com

Today I am proud to announce the immediate availability of WP7 Root Tools 0.9 alpha and WP7 Root Tools SDK 0.1!

WP7 Root Tools 0.9 brings true Root Access to devices with stock ROM's, but it also works on devices with custom ROM's and Full Unlock. Your device needs to be Interop Unlocked to use WP7 Root Tools!

This is still an alpha-release, because there are a lot of new hacks and the tools are still not feature complete! I have rewritten about 75% of all code from the previous release. So before you install WP7 Root Tools you should make a backup of your device. WP7 Root Tools will make changes to system settings and, although this has been tested, it is still possible that a problem occurs. In that case you want to have a recent backup of your device. Installing WP7 Root Tools will be your own responsibility. The author of WP7 Root Tools and the SDK cannot be held responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by installing and using WP7 Root Tools or the SDK!

Windows Phone is a closed system to protect the user and his/her personal data from malware and to protect the intellectual property of the developers. The downside of this closed system is that homebrew developers are very limited in their ability to control and tweak a Windows Phone device. With WP7 Root Tools I attempt to open up the system in a gentle way, so that users stay in control of their device, while homebrew apps can get more control to get the maximum power out of your Windows Phone device!

WP7 Root Tools 0.9 now has a File Explorer, Registry Editor, Certificate Installer and a Policy Editor! Thanks to true Root Access on Windows Phone, this new version of WP7 Root Tools will work a lot faster than previous releases and it supports a lot more devices!

WP7 Root Tools should work on these devices:

- Samsung first and second generation devices
    - LG devices
    - HTC first generation devices with Mango v1 drivers (SPL 4.x or lower)
    - Samsung first generation devices with custom ROM and Full Unlock
    - HTC first generation devices with custom ROM and Full Unlock

On devices with stock ROM's WP7 Root Tools need to install Root Access. The first time it runs, a 2-phase-installation will start. The app will inform you to start the first install-phase. Then the device will reboot after a few seconds. After the reboot you need to start WP7 Root Tools again immediately! Then the second phase of the installation will start and your device will be rebooted again. After the second reboot you are ready to use WP7 Root Tools. You can use the Policy Editor to give other homebrew app a "trusted" status. With this you will give the app Root Access privileges. So be very careful to which app you give Root Access!! You are responsible for giving access to an app! If you are not sure, read the forums to decide if an app is trust-worthy.

I also created an SDK, which developers can use to profit from Root Access. It provides a way to gain access to the filesystem and the registry (and more) from their managed Silverlight application. No need to worry about COM interop and C++ anymore! The package contains a read-me with short instructions. More details and examples will follow soon! Over the last days Rafael Rivera from the Chevron WP7 team has tested the SDK and he is finishing up the first homebrew app that will use my SDK. He is planning to release his Backup-app soon.

I also need to thank some people for making this possible:

- My wife! (for having to put up with me while doing all this hacking!)

- YukiXDA (for helping me with research on policies)
    - Justin Angel (for sending me a NOKIA)
    - Cees Heim (for supplying an HTC device for testing)
    - Rafael Rivera and Chevron WP7 team (for pioneering WP7 Unlocking)
    - HD2Owner (for helping me make custom ROM's for testing)
    - fiinix (for helping me with research on policies)
    - Ultrashot
    - xb0xm0d
    - AndrewSh
    - Ondraster
    - Barin
    - Football
    - Cmonex
    - GoodDayToDie
    - Jaxbot
    - Dennis Wilson

I will update the guides and manuals on www.wp7roottools.com and here on XDA in the next coming days. I need some time to update all of it.

Have fun with Homebrew now!

Heathcliff74
    I will release WP7 Root Tools 0.10 this weekend. It will have new features, but the new unlock is not yet ready. So it won't be in this version. I will release this version, because the current version will expire this weekend. I will release another version with the new unlock soon after this. The main feature of the new unlock is that you can run homebrew native executables.

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74
    Just a little progress report. I've not been very active in the forums in the last weeks. That's not because I didn't work on WP7 Root Tools. On contrary, I'm working really hard on this and I need to be focused on Research and Development, because the features I work on are extremely complex. But most research is done and I'm making real good progress on the development.

I'm mainly working on letting custom executables run with root access. And also some other nice features. I have not tested these hacks for drivers, like the DFT BT drivers. I will see if I can get that working too.

After this I will try to make this work on more devices.

When WP8 comes all hacking probably needs to be done from scratch. Hacking bootloaders will be more difficult due to SecureBoot. My hacks will probably not be affected by SecureBoot, but my guess is that the policy engine is rewritten for a significant part, because the new filesystem is based on NTFS. That probably means that the policies are not configured in the policy database, but in the filesystem itself.

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74
    Heathcliff74, a quick question to you: could you please provide us a little hint about Nokia hack status? Should we expect some tremendous news in near future? ;) Nokia Lumia 900 is coming so I'm extremely interested :eek:

Could take minutes, could take months. There is really no way of telling this. It's a matter of finding an exploit. I'm working on that.

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74