[ROM] [4.4.2] OFFICIAL OSE BETA Skyrocket

Search This thread

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
In short.. No. Still need to figure out what the heck is going on with the camera. As others have said about the AOSB .. there's not really any difference between it and any other Rom out there. Trying to build AOSB right now. Running into some problems during building process.

*heavy breathing* an updated AOSB? I will love you forever and ever lol.

Seriously though, thanks for still developing for us. Whether its an ose update or candy ROM, or whatever, I can't wait to see what you put out next. Thank you!

Edit: got too excited about AOSB I didn't see bmp was releasing candy. Great dev. Really helped me out a lot when I was trying to build.

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
Next thing to be released is candy kat by none other than project rookie starter bmp7777.

BTW. I checked out cm gerrit last night. They are working on getting the camera working.. Just takes time. If you want to check it out. Look for project:CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_msm8660-common ..
Thanks guys and gals.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Yeah that change apparently does fix the 5-second delay at least when you apply the patches. Hopefully it doesn't get abandoned. On the rookie thread, one user suggested this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51821175&postcount=5328. He said it worked on the sensation and he is a recognized developer, so it's up to you if you want to give it a try. While it doesn't fix the 1080p, either your suggestion of the other Camera package or the CM 10.1 Gallery2 suggested a couple of weeks ago would at least let you record it. It is at least something.

Last edited:

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Yeah that change apparently does fix the 5-second delay at least when you apply the patches. Hopefully it doesn't get abandoned. On the rookie thread, one user suggested this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51821175&postcount=5328. He said it worked on the sensation and he is a recognized developer, so it's up to you if you want to give it a try. While it doesn't fix the 1080p, either your suggestion of the other Camera package or the CM 10.1 Gallery2 suggested a couple of weeks ago would at least let you record it. It is at least something.
I saw the thread but I don't understand what do you have to do? I was expecting a flashable zip..

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
I saw the thread but I don't understand what do you have to do? I was expecting a flashable zip..

Yeah I am hoping too as right now I don't have enough space on my hdd to sync and start a build to see, but we just have to be patient, since the work on the CM 11 Camera merge has seemed to be stalled. I have complete faith it will be fixed as we have awesome devs!:D I am just mentioning these suggestions as a possible way to help.

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Yeah I am hoping too as right now I don't have enough space on my hdd to sync and start a build to see, but we just have to be patient, since the work on the CM 11 Camera merge has seemed to be stalled. I have complete faith it will be fixed as we have awesome devs!:D I am just mentioning these suggestions as a possible way to help.

The camera packages for anything other than cm 11 has been hidden. So that is out the window unless they un hide it. Might have to live with 1080 being gone for now. Will release a candy kat build tonight for skyrocket with those fixes in place. So everyone can give it a try.

Reactions: Andrw0830

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
The camera packages for anything other than cm 11 has been hidden. So that is out the window unless they un hide it. Might have to live with 1080 being gone for now. Will release a candy kat build tonight for skyrocket with those fixes in place. So everyone can give it a try.

Thanks so much for the dedication! I really don't care too much about 1080p either, the blurry preview and the 5-second are more of a concern. I wonder if these patches also fix the blurry preview as right now I have the Unofficial CM 11 and the preview is working perfectly even focus and the Camera apk is the updated one that CM 11 currently uses. As always let me know if I can help with anything.

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Thanks so much for the dedication! I really don't care too much about 1080p either, the blurry preview and the 5-second are more of a concern. I wonder if these patches also fix the blurry preview as right now I have the Unofficial CM 11 and the preview is working perfectly even focus and the Camera apk is the updated one that CM 11 currently uses. As always let me know if I can help with anything.

When you install. Go to camera switch to record. Change record resolution to 480. Exit and close the camera. Go back in and the preview will be clear. Will be later tonight closer to 10 pm CST.

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
New build up

Here's the new build. Let me know what you guys think.

Enjoy!

Edit: will put a link here in a minute once I get on a computer. For all the app users out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Jax_ and JimmyD_92

Smittiegee19

Aug 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Video recording doesn't work at all on my device. When i push the button it doesn't even record.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ose_logo.png

TeamOSE.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

OSE Nor Anyone @ XDA.com Are Responsible For What You Do With Your Device.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

OSE-Boot_zps0f647791.gif

Features.png

* Based On Slim
    * DarkUI Toggle Theme
    * Multi-Window
    * PIE Navigation
    * Custom Navbar Options
    * Custom Clock Options
    * Custom Battery Options
    * CRT Animation Control
    * Init.d Support
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * All Features in Slim V3
    * HALO
    * System App Remover
    * OnTheFly DensityChanger
    * App Ops
    * OmniSwitch
    * Lockscreen Notifications
    * Build Prop Mods
    * Suspend Actions
    * Wake Lock Blockers
    * & Much More...

Install.png

* Download The Rom
    * Download OSE GApps
    * Wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik
    * Install Rom & OSE GApps
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy

Github.png

* OSE GITHUB

GooglePlus.png

* OSE G+

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUMHERE

Credits.png

* CYANOGENMOD
    * AOKP
    * PA
    * SLIMROMS
    * P.A.C

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUMHERE

Download.png

* OSE ROM Build 1 DevDb Link

* OSE Rom Build 3 Dev Db Link

* OSE GApps

XDA:DevDB Information
    Team OSE, a ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
    Kiltnar, timpohladthomas, TEAM OSE
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-03-28
    Last Updated 2014-04-30
    Just an FYI. I bugged the main dev for ose and he added us in. Might be a little bit before we see a build. They're trying to set Jenkins up for automatic builds and all devices look to be failing ATM. But we're in like Flinn now.

EDIT: Building now .. Can check in here .. http://drdevs.com:8081/view/Devices/?auto_refresh=true
    You can literally see it build if you want to. Pretty neat setup .. but we're in queue.
    Got it working. Will upload in a minute.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

EDIT: New link in the OP. http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=5111

EDIT: How is it? You guys like it?
    Reserved

Hope you guys like this. It uses Slim as a base. Has Halo and a lot of Goodies. :)
    ~Enjoy!

Not working:
    * Multi window isn't working at current. Still waiting on a switch to go between all of the different recents options.
    I haven't tried with OSE, but @Kiltnar said it was working so I wouldn't know for this rom. Is video recording working on this rom without flashing the .zip?

In short.. No. Still need to figure out what the heck is going on with the camera. As others have said about the AOSB .. there's not really any difference between it and any other Rom out there. Trying to build AOSB right now. Running into some problems during building process.