[Q] Any idea how to fix this issue? I'm a noobie who has been trying to trouble shoot

Search This thread
Apr 28, 2014
I have a Sph-L900 Sprint Galaxy Note 2. About a month ago the device started acting up Saying it couldn't connect to my Samsung Account, and the only way I was able to fix it was a factory reset. That soon turned into not being able to connect to my Google account and knox issues where something was trying to access my device administrator, and the only fix was to keep updating the samsung security police. The device began shutting off and restarting about two to three times a day with the same error notifications popping up on start up. I kept doing a factory reset in order to get ride of the issues but would reappear shortly after.

I have never tried to root my phone because I wanted to wait for my contract to be up before messing around with it.The most I have done is install a few 3rd party apps and use the google launcher apk as my everyday launcher. Eventually because it keep restarting so often I thought I would try to put cyanogenmod on it using the installer app.Unfortunately it kept saying it couldn't communicate with my device and had to abandon that option. A few hours later the phone restarted again but this time became stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 logo on start up. I tried to another factory reset hoping that would fix it but this is what happened

View attachment 2714455

The whole thing is in red and keeps saying error and fail.

I have no idea what the issue being a noob, but started looking through forums and posts hoping to get an answer. I thought trying to reload the stock rom might be my best bet and started looking into how to unbrick the phone on youtube and forums.

I downloaded Odin and tried [ROM][ODIN]SPH-L900 MK4 (MK4 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted), Galaxynote2root.com, and QBking77 methods and files for putting factory stock rom back on the phone. I spent all day trying each one only to get "nand write start fail" when trying each tar file on odin.

I wanted to see if someone might actually be able to explain to me the exact issue and hopefully a possible solution.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I have a Sph-L900 Sprint Galaxy Note 2. About a month ago the device started acting up Saying it couldn't connect to my Samsung Account, and the only way I was able to fix it was a factory reset. That soon turned into not being able to connect to my Google account and knox issues where something was trying to access my device administrator, and the only fix was to keep updating the samsung security police. The device began shutting off and restarting about two to three times a day with the same error notifications popping up on start up. I kept doing a factory reset in order to get ride of the issues but would reappear shortly after.

I have never tried to root my phone because I wanted to wait for my contract to be up before messing around with it.The most I have done is install a few 3rd party apps and use the google launcher apk as my everyday launcher. Eventually because it keep restarting so often I thought I would try to put cyanogenmod on it using the installer app.Unfortunately it kept saying it couldn't communicate with my device and had to abandon that option. A few hours later the phone restarted again but this time became stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 logo on start up. I tried to another factory reset hoping that would fix it but this is what happened

View attachment 2714455

I have no idea what the issue being a noob, but started looking through forums and posts hoping to get an answer. I thought trying to reload the stock rom might be my best bet and started looking into how to unbrick the phone on youtube and forums.

I downloaded Odin and tried [ROM][ODIN]SPH-L900 MK4 (MK4 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted), Galaxynote2root.com, and QBking77 methods and files for putting factory stock rom back on the phone. I spent all day trying each one only to get "nand write start fail" when trying each tar file on odin.

I wanted to see if someone might actually be able to explain to me the exact issue and hopefully a possible solution.

Not sure what the issue is, but if your not rooted you can not use method you tried.. If you can get back into your phone, root it using the toolkit found here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957155 it will install a custom recovery for you during the process. once done you can us the restore method you tried.. You might want to also, uninstall all the apps you have installed one at a time, until you find the one, that might be given you the problem..

Reactions: Surgemidnight13
Apr 28, 2014
Not sure what the issue is, but if your not rooted you can not use method you tried.. If you can get back into your phone, root it using the toolkit found here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957155 it will install a custom recovery for you during the process. once done you can us the restore method you tried.. You might want to also, uninstall all the apps you have installed one at a time, until you find the one, that might be given you the problem..

Thanks for replying, unfortunately I'm not able to get into my phone as it is just stuck on the Galaxy note 2 logo image on start up. Someone on the google+ community said that it could of happened from the 4.1 to 4.3 update. I guess my best bet is to go to the Samsung kios at Best Buy and see if they can reflash my phone. If I do get it up and running I will install a custom recovery like you mentioned.

ColeTrain!

Nov 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO. Go Cardinals!!
Can you reboot and hold the power, home button, & up arrow to get into download mode?

If you can, flash things from there. Odin. I would do the billiard back to stock. Or possibly try the philz recovery.

Please let us know what happens.

Apr 28, 2014
Can you reboot and hold the power, home button, & up arrow to get into download mode?

If you can, flash things from there. Odin. I would do the billiard back to stock. Or possibly try the philz recovery.

Please let us know what happens.

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

This is the best I can do with what I have to show you the process. I'm using this download SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED one click process as an example. It happens when I use the regular versions of oden and add the tar. files where it says PDA. I have used several versions like Sammobile that people have recommended, but In the end it always says Fail
I tried using the billiard one but since it's set up for twrp I'm not sure how to istall it with odin on the PC

ColeTrain!

Nov 12, 2011
I don't know. I'm just guessing. I'm not an expert. Post in the billiards forum.
I guess i would go to my "prepatory" thread and try flashing a new recovery. I guess try TWRP first. Then try the billiard back to stock. If still no. Try philz and then back to stock. I can't promise anything, but that is my advice.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
View attachment 2718005

View attachment 2718006

View attachment 2718007

This is the best I can do with what I have to show you the process. I'm using this download SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED one click process as an example. It happens when I use the regular versions of oden and add the tar. files where it says PDA. I have used several versions like Sammobile that people have recommended, but In the end it always says Fail
I tried using the billiard one but since it's set up for twrp I'm not sure how to istall it with odin on the PC

That is a very old version of Odin I might add. Download and use Odin 3.07. When using make sure you right click and choose run as administrator. Flash philz 6.0.7.9 do a full wipe reboot into recovery then flash billards return to full stock with counter reset, you should not have any issues..

ColeTrain!

Nov 12, 2011
Hey. If i knew the answer i would tell you. Lol. I'm sorry that i don't. But you need to get something going through odin. Something is messed up on your phone and you need to replace it with something works. If you can't get Anything to flash from odin.... Well i can't imagine what else there would be to do. Except take it in for a replacement.

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
Sorry to hear this. I remember bricking my phone and was really scared as I did not want to go to the sprint store and go through all that nonsense. I hope you get it up and running. I know someone in this awesome community will help u out.
Wish I could help.
What version of odin are you using?

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Let's see if this helps.

First download this Toolkit. It's an awesome tool. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957155
(you will need to read those instructions for drivers install etc)

There really should be no reason why you can't simply reboot your phone into download mode and flash it back to stock. Just make sure you enable usb debugging mode within developer options BEFOREyou begin.

If you want a custom ROM right away, use the toolkit to root and install custom bootloader and recovery, then flash the ROM from recovery per usual.

From that point you can either flash a stock unrooted MK4 ROM or a stock rooted ROM or you can go with a custom rooted ROM. You will need to decide what you want right now.

If you want to stay on a stock unrooted MK4 ROM then you can go ahead and download this stock MC2 with flash count reset. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086769 then once that completes you can simply let the OTA update your phone to MK4 and that will put you back at stock MK4.

You can also just flash the stock MK4 ROM via this page. Follow the instructions. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591898

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

View attachment 2714455

I don't know. I'm just guessing. I'm not an expert. Post in the billiards forum.
    I guess i would go to my "prepatory" thread and try flashing a new recovery. I guess try TWRP first. Then try the billiard back to stock. If still no. Try philz and then back to stock. I can't promise anything, but that is my advice.
    View attachment 2718005

View attachment 2718006

View attachment 2718007

That is a very old version of Odin I might add. Download and use Odin 3.07. When using make sure you right click and choose run as administrator. Flash philz 6.0.7.9 do a full wipe reboot into recovery then flash billards return to full stock with counter reset, you should not have any issues..