[ROM - AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Nexus 10] 19-JUL-2013

Search This thread

SteveRiley

Dec 19, 2005
Seattle, WA, USA
Very impresseive work. I just flashed this after trying a couple others previously. I'm certain I'll stay with PA, the tablet UI is fantastic.

UI design is an interesting study area for me. I'm rather mystified why so many operating systems feel the need to unifiy experiences. Desktops are not tablets, tablets are not phones. One UI cannot rule them all. Consider Windows 8 and Ubuntu Unity: in trying to accomodate screens from 7" to 42", they actually fail at both. KDE has got this right, with three distinct versions of Plasma: Desktop, Netbook, and Active (for touch). ParanoidAndroid brings back the device-specific UI for large Androids that just plain makes sense.

beerope

Aug 6, 2012
Very impresseive work. I just flashed this after trying a couple others previously. I'm certain I'll stay with PA, the tablet UI is fantastic.

UI design is an interesting study area for me. I'm rather mystified why so many operating systems feel the need to unifiy experiences. Desktops are not tablets, tablets are not phones. One UI cannot rule them all. Consider Windows 8 and Ubuntu Unity: in trying to accomodate screens from 7" to 42", they actually fail at both. KDE has got this right, with three distinct versions of Plasma: Desktop, Netbook, and Active (for touch). ParanoidAndroid brings back the device-specific UI for large Androids that just plain makes sense.

Awesome statement bro

Reactions: SteveRiley

mag13

Apr 16, 2009
Since this morning I can not change APP color. When I have applied settings, go back to menu and the in APP setting old colors are restored. Am I doing anything wrong?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

This happens with every APP. All colors have changed to stock

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Wiping cache and dalvik cache did not help.

xxhorseriderxxx

May 15, 2011
Phoenix
I tried decompiling the framework-res.apk and recompiling/pushing it to the tablet but got a boot loop. I'm trying to add a 1% battery indicator to the ROM... can anyone point me in the direction of how to correctly edit the system apk files without causing a boot loop?

I'm aware that system applications have a unique signature to them, but can you give me the tools to sign a modded framework-res/SystemUI.apk? (assuming that SignAPK wouldn't work in this instance because it doesn't use the PA signature)

G-Bus

Jan 13, 2011
Montreal
I just noticed that when I put the tablet on mute or vibration, theres nothing in the notification area displaying this.

unboostedzc

Sep 29, 2010
Manhattan
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Even though I am an old member, I am fairly new to Android. Just got my Nexus 10 and Nexus 7. Tried few ROMs and I am settling for ParanoidAndroid ROM for both the devices. So far, it has been excellent on both devices.

I have one question though.

How can I move the three buttons on bottom (Back, Home and Close) from center to the left hand side, while still keeping the Stock UI and not changing it to Tablet UI?

+1 to this ^^^, would love to be able to have the nav/softkeys moved to the left side instead of centered.

it's awesome having PA on both my GS3 and N10, thanks guys!

beerope

Aug 6, 2012
Link to 2.99.9r1 update posted to OP.

This is a dev release that has only had the standard 30 seconds of exhaustive testing, so proceed with care. YMMV.

Check PA G+ for info on changes, updates, etc.
https://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts

There is also an updated version of PA Gapps linked in the OP.

Huh? Where's the changelog and updates? Can you post it here instead? Im having difficulties finding info as all I see is questions ask by other people...sorry but I've never used Google plus before, I mean, who uses it man?

Lumsdoni

Nov 20, 2007
Hitchin, UK
No FC's etc, but changes to nav / status colours don't seem to hold very well. Wiped caches, fixed perms but the are fine on some screens and default on others.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I'm on tablet 320 dpi

Lumsdoni

Nov 20, 2007
Hitchin, UK
Examples. Notification icons not in the green, I have set all text to free, background black.

2nd image is home screen where no changes have been noted,

Ahh upload from nexus not working.

Drop box
http://db.tt/5iiPDzie

Last edited:

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
The colors get replaced with white and won't go away until you restart. If you try to tweak your nav bar it'll f*ck up like crazy and you can't go back. Been like this since pa started this crap so its not the devs fault, just sucks to switch Roms after setting everything up just to get the colors back to normal

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

dankerton

Nov 17, 2012
Dear PA crew, I know you're really busy with many devices and such a comprehensive ROM but could you please look into the "device not Supported" error that Hulu plus app throws on this ROM on the nexus 10 . The app works fine on 2 other ROMs I've tried. In fact the website does the same thing.

Also thanks for a great tablet ROM!

Reactions: involuntaryqool

Lumsdoni

Nov 20, 2007
Hitchin, UK
The colors get replaced with white and won't go away until you restart. If you try to tweak your nav bar it'll f*ck up like crazy and you can't go back. Been like this since pa started this crap so its not the devs fault, just sucks to switch Roms after setting everything up just to get the colors back to normal

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Its not that bad on mine. The colours I select remain, buy revert to white/grey when I press the home button, or on the lock screen. As son as I open an asp they go back to my custom colours.

Lumsdoni

Nov 20, 2007
Hitchin, UK
Multi User apps not in app drawer

Just added a multi user account, downloaded apps are not appearing in the app drawer. They are installed ok as you can launch from play store or google now.

Once downloaded the app appeared on homescreen but when I removdthe icon I couldn't get it back as nothing in the App drawer.

A reboot fixed it.

unboostedzc

Sep 29, 2010
Manhattan
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Not sure if I'm having a problem with PA/KTManta or something else; but when I charge the tablet while it is running it will shut down instantly upon removing the charging cable. It makes the sound like the battery is dead and pops up the "Shutting Down" popup then goes off. It boots back up just fine and appears to have charged correctly though.

It does this with the stock kernal as well as KTManta and does seem to matter if fast charge is on/off or which governor/scheduler is in use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid for AOSP 4.2.2

n4-product-herokau56.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

Work in Progress
    • Please make sure you have backups for anything you don't want to lose.
    • Caution is advised. No promises this will not eat your device and take over your home.
    • Google apps are not official, this is a community hack, we have tested all apps but you could still encounter issues.
    • This is a preview of what is to come. we are working hard to tame 4.2, which brought significant changes and bugs.
    • Do not ask about CyanogenMod features. We will add more features as we develop version 3.x, and we have a 100% stable base.
    • If you have an issue please make sure it is repeatable, capture logcat/dmesg, etc and post to pastebin or similar.

Installation
    • Update your recovery to the latest version. Pre 4.2 recoveries can mess up your sd card/storage. We recommend TWRP.
    • Download pa google apps: http://d-h.st/Do8 Updated 15-JUL-2013
    • Download rom: http://d-h.st/7GF Updated 19-JUL-2013
    • Follow PA on Google+ for changes and other info
    • Perform a factory reset in recovery, unless you are already on PA 2.99+
    • Flash ROM first, then gapps
    • Wipe dalvik & cache
    • Reboot and wait, first bootup can take a little time
    • Enter your Google account info, press home when you encounter the black screen
    • Please do not restore system apps, system data and Google apps. This can cause bootloops and other problems due to mismatches coming from CM to AOSP and moving from Android version 4.1.2 to 4.2

Features
    • Hybrid engine ported, Per App DPI and Per App Layout
    • Tablet UI back from the dead
    • Per app color
    • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles (first draft, more to follow)
    • New recents implementation
    • We fixed the aosp lag in the recents view, well, most of it
    • New SystemUI Icons that can cope with transparent bars, thanks go to John Xionidis
    • See through Lockscreen is back
    • Transparent bars + Launcher2 modified to cope with it
    • 4.2 Walls and Sounds
    • Google stock apps
    • Extended Desktop

untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT
    This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

untitled-1jij2c.png

PER-APP-COLOR
    ParanoidAndroid's newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

Hints
    Been out for a bit and unable to build. Back now and will have an update out Sunday, barring unforeseen issues.
    3.1 / 4.22 Update posted

Link to 3.1 / 4.22 Update posted to OP. Info on changes, etc. on Google+ ( https://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts ) or check github for commits.
    For those who don't know me, i'm part from PA team, I come here to Tablet community because I have excelent news. I have managed to fix theme chooser on "PA tabui" (old jellybean tabui), now we dont need to use hacks or whatever, and we have full instant theme chooser support. Paul ported quicksettings, and I also forward ported a lot of the fixes wich make tablet ui experience muuuuch better (lag fixes, freeze fixes, out of bound fixes, hw acceleration, etc). What can I say, now tabletui is epic nice again :D
    small breakthrough today,

screenshot_2012-11-296mo45.png

took me some while but finally its working. quicktoggles portedto tabUI.
    needs still some style refinements but im happy it works, some devs i have talked to even called it "impossible" before -
    considering google has not only killed the UI, they have tied the toggles closesly to the phonestatusbar.
    this was the most glaring issue - now we can put back all the tabUI changes we have made to stablize googles awful honeycomb code.

btw,
    we need your support! without pa there would be no tabUI for 4.2, and even if the other teams hack it, it will never reach our level because we studied it half a year now, our code ran better than anything google has ever done with. what you see right now is raw tabUI as it comes, its missing most of our patches and additions that we made in the past. please, if you can, help jon. nexus10 is such an important plattform for our work. the pledge is on your g+ channel, second post right now.