Towelroot. Is it working on the G3?

Search This thread

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Yes, it will. Even on the S5 without tripping KNOX. Just try it yourself, no risk involved. I haven`t tried it myself but i`am absolutely sure it will get you root.

Reactions: liamR

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Just confirmed with my international D855 unit.
Works flawlessly. Tested with Root checker and Titanium backup.

Still dazed as to how this works... possibly the fastest root method ever! :good:

Appearently its a vulnurability in all android kernels that are build before june 3rd that lets the exploit do its work and install root during the boot sequence without beeing detected.

Last edited:

liamR

Feb 14, 2007
Yes. It's amazing. This guy have a great talent. He just left the iOS system and went for Android (He developed the iOS Jailbreak). Now Chainfire and other good developers here have competition ;)

Last edited:

Jan 4, 2013
warranty still void tho I guess? I'm wanting to root really badly, but holding off as long as I can in case of problems as phone is litteraly hours old

htc6500uk

Apr 23, 2009
West Midlands - UK
warranty still void tho I guess? I'm wanting to root really badly, but holding off as long as I can in case of problems as phone is litteraly hours old

I've never worried about the 'warranty voided' stories. If software could physically damage a device then the device is poorly made. I had three different rooted Samsung that failed due to the 'sudden death syndrome'. They were all fixed under warranty. Never heard of anyone having problems with warranty on a rooted device - only urban myths!

Sent from my SM-9500N using Tapatalk Pro.

If you find my post useful, a click on the 'thanks' is appreciated.

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix

Rooting has always voided warranty. .. There were just ways to return it to stock like it was never rooted.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

htc6500uk

Apr 23, 2009
West Midlands - UK
Rooting has always voided warranty. .. There were just ways to return it to stock like it was never rooted.
Not with my rooted phones - any that died or had faults have always been fixed under warranty - going right back to the 'Hero'. If I buy a brand name Windows PC, wipe the hard disk and install Linux, the manufacturer still has to honour their hardware warranty under EU law. Same with mobiles/phones/tablets.

Maybe North American consumer protection laws are not as good as those here in Europe.

For instance, in the EU we can return anything we buy via mail order for a full refund within 14 days for any reason under the 'distance selling' regulations. Goods bought in shops or via mail order also have to be of 'merchantable quality'. As it currently stands, EU customers could obtain a full refund for the LG G3 as it does not work reliably with the Google Chromecast. This is probably why Samsung fixed a similar problem with a software patch when some of their devices had the same problem.

Last edited:

JxXxn

Apr 10, 2010
Sucessfully rooted my D855 using Towelroot as well.Tested with root checker and adblock to verify it's working.
One problem I had was when I installed SuperSU,it says need to have binary updated.However,when I clicked "Normal"..it says installation failed?

Reactions: sue324

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Sucessfully rooted my D855 using Towelroot as well.Tested with root checker and adblock to verify it's working.
One problem I had was when I installed SuperSU,it says need to have binary updated.However,when I clicked "Normal"..it says installation failed?

Yup.. likewise with SuperSU.
I uninstalled it and never bothered with it :p

Alright.. I decided to try it again and now SuperSU works flawlessly.
I think you need to reboot and run it again. This time for me, it didn't ask me for a binary update. Just started working. Try it.

Reactions: JxXxn

qwerty1q

Jan 25, 2010
Manchester
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Doing so removes your root access (as you expect) but your device will still refuse to install OTA's

Sent from my LG G3

OK so I can unroot with SuperSu, the only disadvantage is no OTA, and to unroot with OTA I'd need to perform factory reset, right? How to do it?

After Factory reset,
Do LG backup app restore the whole rom with settings and apps, please?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did someone try to root the G3 with Towelroot?

http://towelroot.com/

Just confirmed with my international D855 unit.
    Works flawlessly. Tested with Root checker and Titanium backup.

Still dazed as to how this works... possibly the fastest root method ever! :good:
    Towelroot installs busybox,stericsson, witch can't be uninstalled without recovery it seems. It still there after a factory reset.

Question. On the G2 you could put the phone in download mode and tell the lg tool to restore after a failure and it would download a new firmware and do a real factory reset, this doesn't seem to be working with the G3. Anyone got it to work?

LG have not released and/or updated their pc app for the g3 yet.

Sent from my LG G3
    Not with my rooted phones - any that died or had faults have always been fixed under warranty - going right back to the 'Hero'. If I buy a brand name Windows PC, wipe the hard disk and install Linux, the manufacturer still has to honour their hardware warranty under EU law. Same with mobiles/phones/tablets.

Maybe North American consumer protection laws are not as good as those here in Europe.

For instance, in the EU we can return anything we buy via mail order for a full refund within 14 days for any reason under the 'distance selling' regulations. Goods bought in shops or via mail order also have to be of 'merchantable quality'. As it currently stands, EU customers could obtain a full refund for the LG G3 as it does not work reliably with the Google Chromecast. This is probably why Samsung fixed a similar problem with a software patch when some of their devices had the same problem.

Yes, it will. Even on the S5 without tripping KNOX. Just try it yourself, no risk involved. I haven`t tried it myself but i`am absolutely sure it will get you root.
    @up yes it should. But sometimes it doesn't even for d855. But most of the time it does.

Wysłane z mojego Lg G3 d855 3/32 gb