[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

davidgs

Jan 9, 2008
I installed 3.5 Rom and essentials, and in the "about phone" the build shows 3.5, but the "update me" app keeps telling me that I have 3.4.0 and that there is a new Rom available.

Anyone else having this?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Me2995

Apr 10, 2011
Just upgraded to 3.5 (Base + Essentials), but Update Me keeps prompting there is a new rom and detects I'm still on 3.4, which I'm not.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I installed 3.5 Rom and essentials, and in the "about phone" the build shows 3.5, but the "update me" app keeps telling me that I have 3.4.0 and that there is a new Rom available.

Anyone else having this?

Whoops, I was stuck on the previous page, so didn't notice this post. Count me in with the same issue.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Just upgraded to 3.5 (Base + Essentials), but Update Me keeps prompting there is a new rom and detects I'm still on 3.4, which I'm not.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Whoops, I was stuck on the previous page, so didn't notice this post. Count me in with the same issue.

Ok, for those who have already installed, unzip and push the update_me.xml into /system/ set permissions, reboot. problem should go away. new 3.5 users, issue fixed in essentials.

Attachments

• update_me.xml.zip
    377 bytes · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: davidgs and Me2995

davidgs

Jan 9, 2008
Ok, for those who have already installed, rename update_me.xml.zip to update_me.xml, push the update_me.xml into /system/ set permissions, reboot. problem should go away. new 3.5 users, issue fixed in essentials.

I did this, but now "Update me" app is not detecting the Slim Rom or version. Should I reinstall the new essentials?

Thanks

dnd02220

Jun 19, 2010
Even after I installed the 3.5 update, it still shows as 3.4 in about phone screen.????

dnd02220

Jun 19, 2010
I installed the update straight to my phone from the update app , are there new essentials?

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
@OP

Would it be possible for you to include Korean language on this rom? I feel like you're doing a huge disservice to Korean Galaxy owners, and i'm sure a lot of them are. After all Samsung is Korean and all of Sammy's phone include it. Non of my youtube playlist is encoding correctly. I'm back to CM9 but will return if you decide to include it. Thanks!

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
@OP

Would it be possible for you to include Korean language on this rom? I feel like you're doing a huge disservice to Korean Galaxy owners, and i'm sure a lot of them are. After all Samsung is Korean and all of Sammy's phone include it. Non of my youtube playlist is encoding correctly. I'm back to CM9 but will return if you decide to include it. Thanks!

no

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rietpetiet

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
@OP

If you mean system language then Krarvind already answered you. But you can add the font yourself. A font add on is on the server, not sure if it includes Korean. (you can do it yourself).

[bman123]

Mar 20, 2012
Akron
Whats with the text being so small? I mean everything the menus, app icons are small too. Anyway to increase the size of it on my end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.