[HELP THREAD][XPERIA S, ACRO S & ION]Ask any question. NOOB friendly

Search This thread

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Yeah, I tried Root Checker and it says that it's not intact. Also, the Apex launcher thing isn't working anymore (Adding widgets from the drawer, which needs root access)

But in Super User it says root permission granted to RootChecker and busybox, but like I said, the logs keep saying denied. So I'm not sure

I'd be really grateful if you can point me in the direction of a way to root my phone. I thought advanced stock kernel is rooted. Should I Flash KA S Speed kernel and flash Stock kernel again? I'm sorry if I sound stupid, this is my first Android...

That's why we are here. Somewhat most experienced users to help each other. Anyway, try flashing the Advanced Stock Kernel Again. You won't lose anything, so no need to worry.

Sent from my LT26i with Tapatalk 2

Reactions: AnrgKrshn

AnrgKrshn

Sep 7, 2012
Hyderabad
I just flashed the kernel today, I'll see how this works out and update you guys.. Thanks for the help :)

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Nope, root checker still says I don't have proper root access. I'll try updating the Super user. And if that doesn't work I'll install super user SU.

Edit: There's no update available for Superuser in the Play Store. Will try and install Super User SU. Is there any way I can uninstall SuperUser?

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

I guess I'll just have to root my phone again. Guess it's not rooted..

yokilus

Jul 16, 2012
no service with cm9.1 fxp137

hey guys,
firstly thank you for this post!
I have a problem with cm9.1. I have flashed the boot.image and then wipe cache and delvik cache. I then install the zip Rom and after the gapps. I reboot and it works perfect. love the droid and the background. but after boot I get the lock screen and and the bottom it shows 'no service'..
I then unlock the phone and I can't dial and I don't see any dialling button.

it also gives me a messages has stopped and email has stopped error. these poo up. I then try access settings/ mobile network and it says settings has stoppedresponding.

I am not sure what to do as I have tried overriding the data connection but nothing works. I am from S.A and on Vodacom network do u think this makes the difference?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

hey guys,
firstly thank you for this post!
I have a problem with cm9.1. I have flashed the boot.image and then wipe cache and delvik cache. I then install the zip Rom and after the gapps. I reboot and it works perfect. love the droid and the background. but after boot I get the lock screen and and the bottom it shows 'no service'..
I then unlock the phone and I can't dial and I don't see any dialling button.

it also gives me a messages has stopped and email has stopped error. these poo up. I then try access settings/ mobile network and it says settings has stoppedresponding.

I am not sure what to do as I have tried overriding the data connection but nothing works. I am from S.A and on Vodacom network do u think this makes the difference?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

paxabd

Sep 10, 2012
Hi from Russia guys! i have a question about my Xperia S, is exist way to display lyrics on the built in Walkman player? Editing ID3 tags, or other things, i dont want to install 3rd party software for this little thing)
And another question about USB Sticks with NTFS file system, is anyway to connect it? FAT32 file size limit is sucks. And another one question about connecting USB devices via OTG, often phone tells that usb device eats too many power, is that normal?
Sorry for my english

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Hi from Russia guys! i have a question about my Xperia S, is exist way to display lyrics on the built in Walkman player? Editing ID3 tags, or other things, i dont want to install 3rd party software for this little thing)
And another question about USB Sticks with NTFS file system, is anyway to connect it? FAT32 file size limit is sucks. And another one question about connecting USB devices via OTG, often phone tells that usb device eats too many power, is that normal?
Sorry for my english

1. Nope, not possible to use Lyrics on it.

2. Not yet. I think K900 might be working on a solution for it.

3. I never used OTG, so i can't say...

mrsatan

Jul 12, 2009
SLC
I just flashed the kernel today, I'll see how this works out and update you guys.. Thanks for the help :)

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Nope, root checker still says I don't have proper root access. I'll try updating the Super user. And if that doesn't work I'll install super user SU.

Edit: There's no update available for Superuser in the Play Store. Will try and install Super User SU. Is there any way I can uninstall SuperUser?

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

I guess I'll just have to root my phone again. Guess it's not rooted..

Flash a new rom then flash advanced stock kernel, that should fix it. You have fubared your root, only way to fix it is new rom.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Sorry for my english

Certain USB sticks use more power, that is why it says that. Use otg with a usb hub that is powered to get around the issue.

There used to be an NTFS mod for gingerbread but I havent seen it for ICS yet.

Reactions: AnrgKrshn

MetalG

Jul 1, 2008
Several ubernoob questions : )

Hello,

I bought an XPERIA U for my gf, she likes the phone, but as many girls she dislikes the theme/colors of the icons/apps.

The SMS icon is "ok" but when you go in its very sober and dark, and she wants something bright like in iOS, so I browsed the appstore and found SMS GO PRO, which is doing well.. But this app sends spam text messages now and then. So i'd like to find a way to have this standard text messaging app to do bright, by applying another theme?

or do I need to put a custom rom on it?

If no custom rom is needed, which theme do I need to install (i'm very noob on this for the moment). I get my nexus 7 24th of september than I can play a bit more with android ^^

Thanks in advance, I hope I put this post in the right topic.

KidCarter93

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
Hello,

I bought an XPERIA U for my gf, she likes the phone, but as many girls she dislikes the theme/colors of the icons/apps.

The SMS icon is "ok" but when you go in its very sober and dark, and she wants something bright like in iOS, so I browsed the appstore and found SMS GO PRO, which is doing well.. But this app sends spam text messages now and then. So i'd like to find a way to have this standard text messaging app to do bright, by applying another theme?

or do I need to put a custom rom on it?

If no custom rom is needed, which theme do I need to install (i'm very noob on this for the moment). I get my nexus 7 24th of september than I can play a bit more with android ^^

Thanks in advance, I hope I put this post in the right topic.
Hi there. As this thread is just a help thread for the Xperia S, you'd be better off posting your question in the Q&A.

aniket_

Mar 18, 2010
Pune
I currently have the Bootloader Unlocked, and running CM10.

To go back to stock firmware, I just have to flasht the ftf using flashtool and then flash advanced stock kernel ?
Am I Right ?

fulii

Sep 20, 2011
Szob
Hey there!

My situation is there are two same xperia s devices with the same stock 4.0.4 . Same google localization and we tried to install dead trigger on both.
One of them showed it in play store and installed without a problem, but the other one doesn't show it and can't install it. When we force to the apps play store page it says its incompactible with the device.But when i go to play.google.com manually sign in with the google account and find dead trigger click on install it starts installing. So dead trigger is solved but there are many apps on the play store that the device doesn't show when we search them.
In the app settings i cleared data and deleted updates. It has not solved the problem.
Any help\idea would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Hey there!

My situation is there are two same xperia s devices with the same stock 4.0.4 . Same google localization and we tried to install dead trigger on both.
One of them showed it in play store and installed without a problem, but the other one doesn't show it and can't install it. When we force to the apps play store page it says its incompactible with the device.But when i go to play.google.com manually sign in with the google account and find dead trigger click on install it starts installing. So dead trigger is solved but there are many apps on the play store that the device doesn't show when we search them.
In the app settings i cleared data and deleted updates. It has not solved the problem.
Any help\idea would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Software location, I guess. Check from where both firmwares are from, this may have something to do with it.

kvm86

Jan 12, 2012
FM

Hi 2 all. Just flash LT26i with FXP137-cm-9-20120908-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi.zip everything works fine exept one thiing... can't find FM radio. Can you help me with it?

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Hi 2 all. Just flash LT26i with FXP137-cm-9-20120908-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi.zip everything works fine exept one thiing... can't find FM radio. Can you help me with it?

I THINK it's a known bug. I can't remember, though...

My question: any way to make the Walkman app recognizes the ID3 tags I edited with an app? It simply doesn't recognises it. Didn't tried wiping data yet.

KidCarter93

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
I THINK it's a known bug. I can't remember, though...

My question: any way to make the Walkman app recognizes the ID3 tags I edited with an app? It simply doesn't recognises it. Didn't tried wiping data yet.

You could try iTag Music Tag Editor, if that's the kinda thing you're after :confused:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
You could try iTag Music Tag Editor, if that's the kinda thing you're after :confused:

No, I already edited everything. The problem is the Walkman app, that does not recognize the changes: Compare the screenshot:

View attachment 1322075

The first screenshot show how it is ob the Walkman app

View attachment 1322079

And the second one show how it was meant to be on the Walkman, but it isn't. The Poweramp works well.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of current users of the Xperia S/Acro S/ Sola and a lot of new users coming through here aswell. There are also a lot of questions being asked time and time again, aswell as a lot of new users being flamed and/or trolled for asking a simple question. This is filling up our Q&A and Development forums with junk which doesn't need to be there.
    Instead, just point them to this thread to get all the help they require, which in turn, lessens the clutter of the forums aswell.

If you're reading this and you're a new user to XDA, I suggest you read the XDA New User Guide by mf2112, as it contains all the information you'll need to have a happy and productive time across the whole of XDA.
    And please be sure to read A Note From The Moderators and WHAT BELONGS IN DEVELOPMENT aswell.

Post #2 will include the rules which I'm putting in place for this thread, which I expect you all to abide to.
    It may also include an FAQ of questions which get asked fairly often, yet don't have a specific thread to find the answer. (I'm still deciding on this idea yet though). It will also include some important links for you all to check out.

In post #3 you'll find the links to different ROMs and kernels for the Xperia S. Links provided by Felimenta97.

ASK ANY RELATED QUESTION HERE,bootloader, drivers, how to root etc...... You will either get an answer here or will be given the best thread for you to go to so you can get your answer.

Even if you find your answer from one of the links provided, please come back here and look through the other threads, as you may learn something else you didn't know.

No abuse towards noobs or silly questions is tolerated here!

This is a joint project to help us all out. Special thanks to Felimenta97 for being a part of this and providing all the links in post #3.
    Special thanks to neectron for also being a part of this thread and helping out those who have questions about the Xperia Sola.
    Special thanks to Spectre51 for also being a part of the help available in this thread.

Thanks to all of our developers and people who created those amazing threads to help us out and thanks to everyone who reads this thread :)

If this post has helped you, please click the "Thanks" button rather than actually saying thanks all the time. It reduces clutter :cool:

If there's any links that I missed which you think should be included, please let me know and tell me why you think it should be posted.
    I will also be requesting thread maintenance as and when it is needed to remove any SPAM comments etc.
    The version of everything won't be displayed as it would take a lot of effort to change everything.

For now, everything will be for Xperia S and ICS only. If anyone wants, PM me or kidcarter93 and we will add GB ROMs and Kernels whenever any of us have time.

ROMs:

CyanogenMod 9.1
    by FXP

CyanogenMod 10
    by FXP

MIUI
    by MIUI Team

AOKP JB - Kang Xperia Project
    by championswimmer

KA Xperia SSpeed - Stock Based
    by krabappel2548

Eracher ROM
    by Eracher

Du@lCore ROM
    by Du@lCore

ExtremeICSrom
    by YousifNael

XCreaM
    by c3ma138 and seburton

MessyMIUI (slightly modded MIUI)
    by chiefy009

Kernels:

Xperia SSpeed kernel
    by krabappel2548

Pure ICS kernel - CM9
    by krabappel2548

Advanced Stock ICS Kernel
    by Arakmar

XSX Kernel
    by mericon

Other things:

Dual Boot for XS
    by letama

Post Changelog:

15/09/12 -> Added 2 ROMs and Other things section.
    Please make sure you have read the whole of the first post before continuing to read this.

Whilst posting in this thread, please remember that the Forum Rules (post 2) apply as always.
    *No calling anyone a noob
    *No making fun of someone's genuine question
    *No swearing - even using *'s or other symbols is still swearing, so don't do it
    *No posting useless comments/off topic comments
    *No posts saying "Thanks" (I won't be so harsh if you actually click the "Thanks" button aswell")

If you break these rules, I will contact our FSMs to get the comments removed.

You may think that these rules are a little bit strict, but this thread is aimed at being as useful as possible to all of us, so I'm sure we'd all prefer it if this thread was kept as tidy as possible.

Here's some useful links to help you out :-

Xperia S - The Basics by DooMLoRD

Flashtool specifically for Xperia S by Androxyde + [FLASHTOOL GUIDE]HOW TO for n00bies by Crowds

[Tutorial] Xperia S/P/U/Sola Bootloader Unlocking & Relocking by DooMLoRD

[Guide]Rooting Xperia S ICS and GB (Locked Bootloaders) by Sharaz22

Root Method For Most ICS/JB Devices by Bin4ry

Recoveries -
    {Recovery} FreeXperia - Xperia S [12.04.2012] by Bin4ry

[RECOVERY][Xperia S] DooMRecovery by DooMLoRD
    Great work.

You guys should add the thread which is in general section, which teaches how to flash to a different ics firmware KEEPING THE ROOT on locked bootloaders, which is obtained using sharaz22's method.

Use the thank button, it's there for a reason :)
    Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
    Thread extended to the Xperia P as well so let the questions fly and I will do my best to answer them.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion