### --- XXDME4 modem --- ### fix IMEI - -unknown modem

Search This thread

czar22

Apr 19, 2011
on the XXDME6 base - you can not install old modems,
because it will cause for unknown modem & imei status.
Solution flash - XXDME4 modem

XXDME4 modem
flash via TWRP / CWM

sorry, if not responding to requests but I switched to Samsung Galaxy S 4

Last edited:

czar22

Apr 19, 2011
FIX IMEI

If YOU type *#06# it says imei null.
Also another thing - that there is no baseband version

#######################################################

the fix

open your SGN II - under the battery you'll find IMEI (in my case)
write - on a paper
turn on GPS
on the dialer - *#*#82043036#*#*
next go to GPRS -> WRITE IMEI ->Reboot

Last edited:

rajil.s

Nov 8, 2012
Will it allow modem downgrade, ie DME6>DME4>Stock 4.1.1?

I want to downgrade to 4.1.1 from present DME6 (UK BTU N7100)

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
FIX IMEI

the fix

write - on a paper
turn on GPS

have you tried it ?
i am asking in context of lost imei.
if a phone has got his efs corrupted and one doesn't have a backup, will it work ?

rajil.s

Nov 8, 2012
i did not try that !!!
but do a backup and try !
Ok, i tried this.
1. Had DME6 on my device.
2. Flashed your DME4 modem which was successfull. The IMEI was still present.
3. Flashed Stock 4.1.1 BTU. IMEI was lost and had emergency calls
4. Flashed DME4 again, and IMEI came back. So i am back on 4.1.1 which i wanted.

The dial string ...8204... doesnt work on my N7100 UK BTU, although i didnt need it because i got imei back.

Successful..........
I had two copies of my efs. I reflashed my efs in 4.1.1 (XXALJ2 modem) and I got the imei back. Everything back to normal. Phew...

Last edited:

grilleld

Sep 3, 2012
Đà Lạt
the method is when u lost your imei go to efs folder by using root explorer and copy that efs folder to your eternal sd card (i mean backup efs folder to sd card)
then flash a stock rom via odin then your phone still not have service and imei (maybe fake imei is 0499...)
root your stock rom, install root explorer and copy efs backup folder from your sd card then paste with the efs folder in your root directory
=> reboot and your imei is back
i have successful with this method :D

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
the method is when u lost your imei go to efs folder by using root explorer and copy that efs folder to your eternal sd card (i mean backup efs folder to sd card)
then flash a stock rom via odin then your phone still not have service and imei (maybe fake imei is 0499...)
root your stock rom, install root explorer and copy efs backup folder from your sd card then paste with the efs folder in your root directory

But how can you get efs back, when the backup you made was from a corrupt efs? Maybe you just didn't flash the latest modem when you were on me6, and your imei wasn't corrupted at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using xda premium

grilleld

Sep 3, 2012
Đà Lạt
But how can you get efs back, when the backup you made was from a corrupt efs? Maybe you just didn't flash the latest modem when you were on me6, and your imei wasn't corrupted at all.

no your efs folder is still there with your original imei but the modem has hide or can use it ( so backup it in to sd card ,i mean copy it)
flash your stock XXDME6 BASE WITH XXDME4 kernel in there package, dont change any modem
then use root explorer delete your efs folder (it will show delete fail but all sub folder and files in efs have been delete)
=> reboot your phone ,now android will creat neccessary file for efs folder ,copy your backup efs folder from sdcard to root efs folder (replace all)
reboot and u will get your imei

fidocampeao

May 19, 2013
Ok, i tried this.
4. Flashed DME4 again, and IMEI came back. So i am back on 4.1.1 which i wanted.

The dial string ...8204... doesnt work on my N7100 UK BTU, although i didnt need it because i got imei back.

Successful..........
I had two copies of my efs. I reflashed my efs in 4.1.1 (XXALJ2 modem) and I got the imei back. Everything back to normal. Phew...

Let me understand, for I have installed the MF6 without backup my EFS (and now I stuck with this rom):

You installed a previous stock rom with odin, installed that attached modem (ME4) and all right... but you then installed ANOTHER stock rom with odin and was all right?

rajil.s

Nov 8, 2012
You will need efs backup made prior to installing MF2. Without it you will not be able to revert to stock with working modem.

flatronics

Nov 29, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
i have updated my ROM based on DME6, I have a nandroid backup of my prev ROM DME1 based, tried to restore it. Baseband/modem got restored but EMEI invalid, its start with 0049. It displays my network logo but cant register to network.

This means Im stuck with DME4 modem. Hope our Devs here would be able to resolve this issue with the new released firmwares.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk HD

PavPev

Jun 6, 2009
No luck :(

FIX IMEI

the fix

write - on a paper
turn on GPS

Running Stock (BTU-N7100XXDME6-20130603102621) Rooted with TWRP recovery.

Lost my IMEI and modem functionality when I rooted with Note 2 toolkit :crying:

Read this and flashed DME4 modem via TWRP

I get null/null when doing *#06#

nothing happens when I input *#*#82043036#*#* and if I hit call it obviously just tells me 'No mobile network is available'

Tried flashing the modem 3 times now...what am I doing wrong? Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pav

Cruzfire

Feb 26, 2013
Vitoria
what am I doing wrong? Any Ideas?

I think you got yourself in a tuttifruti mix not knowing what are doing,not having efs backup and flashing a bunch a things trying to fixit.
Now you have to go back to your last working build and stay there until samsung release a fix so we could flash withaout worries.
Good luck to you sir.

Reactions: PavPev

PavPev

Jun 6, 2009
Is it possible to revert to a older modem? Such as dxdlk5?

No luck with that one but thanks for the suggestion!

I think you got yourself in a tuttifruti mix not knowing what are doing,not having efs backup and flashing a bunch a things trying to fixit.
Now you have to go back to your last working build and stay there until samsung release a fix so we could flash withaout worries.
Good luck to you sir.

That's pretty much exactly it :p But I tried reverting back to stock (the one in my previous post) and the modem still isn't working :confused:

fidocampeao

May 19, 2013
No luck with that one but thanks for the suggestion!

That's pretty much exactly it :p But I tried reverting back to stock (the one in my previous post) and the modem still isn't working :confused:

worked for me:

full wipes and flash the malaysia dmf2 rom with odin

better to backup everything before doing, but my note ii (n7100) is working now, though I can't change my modem and install another rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    on the XXDME6 base - you can not install old modems,
    because it will cause for unknown modem & imei status.
    Solution flash - XXDME4 modem

XXDME4 modem
    flash via TWRP / CWM

sorry, if not responding to requests but I switched to Samsung Galaxy S 4
    FIX IMEI

the fix

write - on a paper
    turn on GPS
    i did not try that !!!
    but do a backup and try !
    Ok, i tried this.

Successful..........

no your efs folder is still there with your original imei but the modem has hide or can use it ( so backup it in to sd card ,i mean copy it)
    flash your stock XXDME6 BASE WITH XXDME4 kernel in there package, dont change any modem
    then use root explorer delete your efs folder (it will show delete fail but all sub folder and files in efs have been delete)
    => reboot your phone ,now android will creat neccessary file for efs folder ,copy your backup efs folder from sdcard to root efs folder (replace all)
    reboot and u will get your imei