vp3G's WM6 v3.62 AT&T ROM -- [Curtain call for Hermes?]

Search This thread

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Just have a quick question. I installed the official 3.62 ROM from At&T last night. When I did however the options to assign buttons to various programs only allowed it for 4 buttons. Example.

Start > Settings > Buttons

When I did this only the first 4 buttons showed up. However my Hermes of course you can assign 5. Has this problem be fixed. In your ROM vp3G?

Thanks in advance.

Jayman007

Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Just have a quick question. I installed the official 3.62 ROM from At&T last night. When I did however the options to assign buttons to various programs only allowed it for 4 buttons. Example.

Start > Settings > Buttons

When I did this only the first 4 buttons showed up. However my Hermes of course you can assign 5. Has this problem be fixed. In your ROM vp3G?

Thanks in advance.

It's listed on the first page

"PTT button reassignment enabled (via Sleuth255's PTTFix for WM6)"

This allows you to reassign the ptt button. It was working in his 3.61 as well.

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon
Downloaded and flashed it, but on the first reboot the ext rom did not install. Had to do a hard reset and it worked then.

Not a problem since there was nothin to lose haha. Just interesting.

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
3G Dialer

Any chance of adding video telephony like FuN_KeY_s? I would like to be able to compare roms.

Cheers

flippy

Feb 7, 2005
AT&T users have no use for it, so I don't bother with it. Should be able to install a 3G dialer of of your choice, though.

Ohh so this rom is only for at&t users... thank god i did not try to install it then was just about to.

Im on a norwegian carrier called netcom, what rom should i use?

bl117

Oct 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
www.simplyowned.com
Have installed this rom twice now. Each time doing a hard reset because of missing apps that should have been installed via the ext rom. To resolve the issue i unhid the extended rom and manually installed. This isn't the first time this has happend with my herm100 so it's not specifically your rom. Just thought i'd let you know. so far it's running great. thanks.

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Video Dialer

AT&T users have no use for it, so I don't bother with it. Should be able to install a 3G dialer of of your choice, though.

The only one you can get to work on this rom - "post" build - is the three cab solution from jasjamming and as mentioned on FuN_Key_s thread it is not a reliable method. I appreciate that AT&T users don't have much use for it but I really like your roms and it would be fairly easy to disable if you dont need it. The best way is to add it in the build but I don't have enough experience to do it. I understand if you would rather not include it but I would be very happy if you decided to add it. I like the way your apps are removable so the user has a choice of what to keep. This also keeps HTC Home out of the Windows directory which in turn speeds up the rom. Please consider the dialer as this would be a perfect rom for me and many others with video call requirements.

PS excellent work as it is.

Cheers

vp3G

Mar 5, 2007
Flyover Country
The only one you can get to work on this rom - "post" build - is the three cab solution from jasjamming and as mentioned on FuN_Key_s thread it is not a reliable method. I appreciate that AT&T users don't have much use for it but I really like your roms and it would be fairly easy to disable if you dont need it. The best way is to add it in the build but I don't have enough experience to do it. I understand if you would rather not include it but I would be very happy if you decided to add it.
Problem being that it would also screw up the AT&T-specific PTT and Smart Dialing functions. ;)

dan1431

Nov 25, 2006
Thanks again VP another great ROM.

My Hermes is really getting spoiled.

Dan

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon
Hey vp, regarding the battery life topic of your 3.61 build, do you put the phone into standby whenever you are not using it?

I never bothered to do it, but today i got fantastic battery life using that method.

wreckerdude

Jul 9, 2007
AWESOME vp3G! This rom rocks! It's faster then 3.61. I love this one! Great job! I installed the new radio too. Waiting to test it tomorrow to see how good it is.

Your my main cook! :D

JenkinsBarry

Jan 18, 2007
Slooowww re-boot

I just installed this rom and it is REALLY slow when I soft reset..I tried it twice and it is hanging....just thought I would share my experience....

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon
Oh, hell yeah... 1 min. backlight, 2 min. standby timeouts (ROM defaults). That will make a huge difference!

HALLELUJAH! HAAAALLELUJAH! Ha I finally realized why i wasnt acheiving the battery life. :D :D :D Yes thats three smilies happy i am (five won't fit).

I guess I just assumed those were turned off. Seems so silly now. :p