[Q] tutorial installing alienron v5

Search This thread

Lebox

Apr 23, 2014
Hidden
anyone can help me?....i am having xperia j firm .31 JB and i want to install alienrom v5...http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-alienrom-super-hot-update-v3-fxp-t2527939 i follow the instructions but i dont understand the procedure after go to the "fix permission" before i flash the JB kernel should i go to "reboot the system" (in CWM) or just pull out the battery the flash the kernel through flashtool. Because i have tried 4 times and its always bootloop ( what did i missed)...thank you in advance :)

slogger001

Sep 24, 2013
Patna/Bihar/India
reflash

anyone can help me?....i am having xperia j firm .31 JB and i want to install alienrom v5...http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-alienrom-super-hot-update-v3-fxp-t2527939 i follow the instructions but i dont understand the procedure after go to the "fix permission" before i flash the JB kernel should i go to "reboot the system" (in CWM) or just pull out the battery the flash the kernel through flashtool. Because i have tried 4 times and its always bootloop ( what did i missed)...thank you in advance :)

if ur getting bootloop go to cwm and re-flash the rom try this
;)

Reactions: Lebox

Lebox

Apr 23, 2014
Hidden
try this after downgrading ur phone
:eek:

ok thaks i will try again....but what about the instruction in....

Instructions
Quote:
- To avoid any problems, I suggest you flash coming from Stock ICS or Stock JB...Coming from ICS is easier though ( .31 FW)
- Root your phone and install a recovery ( ICS RECOVERY IN 3RD POST )
NOTE: ICS REVOERY IS DIFFERENT FROM JB RECOVERY ( JB CWM here: Click Here! ) ( Use that if COMING FROM JB otherwise use the ICS recovery )
- Copy the ROM to your SD Card ( External )
- Boot into CWM ( volume down/up button like up-down-up-down )
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition
- Navigate to advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Format /system ( ONLY SYSTEM )( V4 and V5 only ) ( no need for V4.1 and Below )
- Install/flash the ROM and install/flash the Rootfix.zip
- Navigate to Advanced and Fix Permissions
- Flash the .31 Kernel provided in downloads

- IF COMING FROM ICS ONLY DO NOT POWER OFF YET !!!!
- Remove Battery then put it back again
- Flash the .31 Kernel ( download in links ) using flashtool ( UNTICK FINAL DATA VERIFICATION )
- Done and Enjoy the ROM

step no 7 Navigate to Advanced and Fix Permission ....after this what should i do? go to reboot or just pull out battery before flashing (flash the .31 on no 8 step) this where i getting confuse :)

slogger001

Sep 24, 2013
Patna/Bihar/India
Try both

ok thaks i will try again....but what about the instruction in....

Instructions
Quote:
- To avoid any problems, I suggest you flash coming from Stock ICS or Stock JB...Coming from ICS is easier though ( .31 FW)
- Root your phone and install a recovery ( ICS RECOVERY IN 3RD POST )
NOTE: ICS REVOERY IS DIFFERENT FROM JB RECOVERY ( JB CWM here: Click Here! ) ( Use that if COMING FROM JB otherwise use the ICS recovery )
- Copy the ROM to your SD Card ( External )
- Boot into CWM ( volume down/up button like up-down-up-down )
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition
- Navigate to advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Format /system ( ONLY SYSTEM )( V4 and V5 only ) ( no need for V4.1 and Below )
- Install/flash the ROM and install/flash the Rootfix.zip
- Navigate to Advanced and Fix Permissions
- Flash the .31 Kernel provided in downloads

- IF COMING FROM ICS ONLY DO NOT POWER OFF YET !!!!
- Remove Battery then put it back again
- Flash the .31 Kernel ( download in links ) using flashtool ( UNTICK FINAL DATA VERIFICATION )
- Done and Enjoy the ROM

step no 7 Navigate to Advanced and Fix Permission ....after this what should i do? go to reboot or just pull out battery before flashing (flash the .31 on no 8 step) this where i getting confuse :)

hmm....look I have not tried this ,the Normal method is to flash kernel and reboot then install rom
So I would recommend u to try both :cowboy:

gershco

May 1, 2013
Manchester
After "fix permission" I removed the battery and then used flashtool to flash the. 31 firmware.

It worked fine.

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app

Vroyaloko

Dec 6, 2013
Tangerang
Have you try this:
-First install .31 (JB) stock ROM, then install the recovery
-The open the recovery and Wipe Data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition
-Next, go to advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Format /system and then flash the ROM and the rootfix.zip
-Then fix permissions :D

Hope it worked on you! Good luck :victory: !

Top Liked Posts