[DEV][CM9] Iconia ICS Project - New builds 8 July

Search This thread

matrix.bharath

Apr 15, 2008
Bangalore
www.facebook.com
Volume is very low

I just flashed this ROM, and been using this from yesterday.. all is well except the sounds seems to be low even when the volumes control is at the highest level.. this never happened in the Leaked ROM... any idea? apart from that this is super cool face unlock also is working properly.. the power control widget is gone BTW !!

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
I just flashed this ROM, and been using this from yesterday.. all is well except the sounds seems to be low even when the volumes control is at the highest level.. this never happened in the Leaked ROM... any idea?
Not sure, I haven't run the leaked roms in quite a while & haven't noticed this to be an issue.
Can anyone else confirm?
Why the Flexreaper more smooth inGames and UI as this CM9 ?
Is this still under construction ?
Absolutely, this should still be considered an alpha build, sorry if the first post is not clear.
There's only so much we can do till kernel source drops from Acer... (expected in the next week or two)
looking forward for a working cm9 501 rom :)
We're working on it... just finalising builds for the vangogh device (A100) then will start on this.
Can't wait, as progressing through builds will us honeycomb bootloaders users will we have to continue to flash that file everytime we update on the cm9 rm?
Yes, at this point...
Long term, we will only be supporting the ics bootloader
Things should become clearer once the official ics build becomes available.

yaddamean

May 1, 2010
Sorry for the stupid question... But how do you know which bootloader your on? I followed a guide on tegraowners and I'm running touch recovery 1.7 and thors v156 ics Rom.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

gh123man

Sorry for the stupid question... But how do you know which bootloader your on? I followed a guide on tegraowners and I'm running touch recovery 1.7 and thors v156 ics Rom.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

sounds like your on the old bl. if it uses itsmagic thats the HC bl. if your worried. just try the old bl version, if you get random crap on the screen as soon as you boot your on the old bootloader. :)

Last edited:

haag498

Dec 31, 2011
More specifically, if you never installed the stock ICS leak (either of both, not a custom ROM building on them) and didn't manually upgrade your bootloader, you have either the old HC one (if your tab was shipped with 3.0.1 or 3.1, i. e. iconia root worked) or the new HC one (otherwise, also if you updated HC via OTA, only timmydean's root exploit worked)... If you're using either of the HC bootloaders, you should use the HC bootloader patch.

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Services.jar for Supercharger

First I'd like to say "THANK YOU!!!" CM9 is what it took to get my Iconia running ICS. Tried all the ICS leaks and ROM's (Which all the Dev's have done great jobs) but they were just too modified for my taste. CM9 allows us to make our Android Tabs and Phones ours. So Thank you all again for all your work.

If anybody wants to run Supercharger with CM9.0.0, this is the services.jar file you will need. Just boot into recovery and flash it. It's been working great for me.

edit: This is for the A500

Last edited:

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
What does this rom feature? Could someone post screenshots?

CM9 and all other Cyanogen Mod ROM's are open source. ASOP, Android Open Source Project.

What this means to us is we can have a ROM specifically designed for our Android's with out all the bloat. It's usually smaller in size and runs alot better than stock ROMS.

As far as screenshots go, just look at Light speed or Flexreaper. Really it's just barebone ICS.

Last edited:

Attack_Dog

Aug 22, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Google Pixel 4a 5G
CM9 and all other Cyanogen Mod ROM's are open source. ASOP, Android Open Source Project.

What this means to us is we can have a ROM specifically designed for our Android's with out all the bloat. It's usually smaller in size and runs alot better than stock ROMS.

So nothing new? Just the basic ASOP? Just like the AOKP, but without the customization? I'm using Flexreaper R12 now, and I love the lock screen.

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
So nothing new? Just the basic ASOP? Just like the AOKP, but without the customization? I'm using Flexreaper R12 now, and I love the lock screen.

Nothing new. Just barebone's ICS. No mod's, no kang's. But the beauty should be the customizations that could come with CM9.
Flexreaper and Lightspeed are awesome ROM's. But they are working with Acer leaks. Plus have their customizations/addons.

mihnead

Jan 9, 2011
Bucharest
ok.. problem 1: I have the ra revamped recovery and i'm trying to install picasso_cm9_hc_bl_bootimg-signed.zip by flashing it in recovery and it's giving me the error 7 text. i opened the right file with notepad++ and deleted the first line. zipped it up again and tried flashing it again and it's telling me that the update zip is missing. so what's missing? am i thick? :D

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
ok.. problem 1: I have the ra revamped recovery and i'm trying to install picasso_cm9_hc_bl_bootimg-signed.zip by flashing it in recovery and it's giving me the error 7 text. i opened the right file with notepad++ and deleted the first line. zipped it up again and tried flashing it again and it's telling me that the update zip is missing. so what's missing? am i thick? :D
For me, I had recovery 1.6, and when modified as in the OP, I got a status 6. So I used the new TWRP recovery, and the original CM9 and it went without a hitch. Give it a shot.

edit: it wasn't CM9, it was the original unmodified HC bootloader image.

Last edited:
Reactions: mihnead

mihnead

Jan 9, 2011
Bucharest
gave you a thanks and writing it too, but.. twrp recovery? and where can i find the original cm9? is the recovery the new one that you can run from your computer?

found twrp, looking for the original cm9

Last edited:

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Last edited:
Reactions: mihnead

mihnead

Jan 9, 2011
Bucharest
lol, quite allright, got that far as well, my problem now is that i have twrp installed, it just gives off errors when installing either the bootloader or the picasso_cm9_hc_bl_bootimg-signed.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Continuing on from gh123man's Open ICS thread, we extended the scope of the project to cover the A100 & A200 devices too.
    For the last month we've been quietly working on this & the wheels are now in motion to get the devices merged into CyanogenMods source.
    It should only be a matter of time till the nightlies start rolling.

Merge status: Done
    If you wanted to compile for yourself, follow one of the many guides on xda to get your machine set up & the CyanogenMod source downloaded.
    Following instructions are for the a500, substitute a100 or a200 as needed

Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_a500-userdebug

Wait for the device folders to be downloaded.
    Connect your device via adb.

Run extract-files.sh in the device/acer/a500 folder

Code:
    brunch cm_a500-userdebug

wait for the compile to finish (can take a while), flash new rom...

Builds (see post 2)

Contributors:
    myself, gh123man, hbwelch, randomblame, shchers

Please hit the thanks button on some of their posts too, this has been a team effort. :)

Once we're official, threads will be started for each of the devices in their respective forums, in the meantime it'd be good to keep discussion here so it's a little easier for us to track.

Not working:

Known bugs:
    Wifi? haven't had a report of trouble in a long time... tentatively saying this is no longer an issue

Reporting bugs
    Please please please read the following:
    If you have a bug, we need a bit more info than "such & such isn't working"

Things to check before reporting a bug
    Did you wipe before flashing the build?
    If no, nandroid, wipe & re-flash...
    Check to see if the bug still exists.

Did you restore settings/data using Ti backup or similar?
    If yes, nandroid, wipe, re-flash & don't restore your data...
    Check to see if the bug still exists.

If you've done the above, & the bug is still there, we need some debugging info!
    logcat output is usually a pretty good start (post it to pastebin or similar), we will let you know if we need more.

Credits & thanks:
    vache - all the leaked ROM's
    drellisdee - patched A500 kernel
    CyanogenMod - source
    Google - source
    More to come.
    FAQ
    Q: assert.failed:getprop("ro.product.device")=="Picas so" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="picasso" E:Error in /sdcard/Download/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-picasso-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip Status 7
    A: Open the zip. Go to META-INF/com/google/android/update-sctipt. Remove the top line with the assert then repackage and flash :) has to do with your recovery. some recovery's name the device differently (thors for example does this, just as an example). our tree uses the device name picasso, if the recovery does not use picasso it will fail, the only fix for this is a unified recovery or to remove the line from the update-script, hope this more detailed answer helps more...

Downloads

ICONIA A500
    UPDATED: 7/8/12
    RELEASE: beta 1
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/iyim60a40fniqz4/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5 6c923615534a00224ebcdd1687150129

ICONIA A200
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/vzn9t2qzuu79o2m/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5sum 63e6b690b36f883d367275de6dcf6f2a

ICONIA A100
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywbcch9o8ami2bz/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5sum 690f7e482b5563a4c20e7a449f2cb2f0

Gapps
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Sources
    see cyanogenmod github

ENJOY! :)
    News

An update for you all,
    Yesterday, the a100, 200 & 500 devices were merged into CyanogenMod's source.

We're just getting up to speed with the internal workings at cm & have a bit of work to do, but, nightlies should be starting to roll soon.

Stay tuned :)
    & here's some new builds ready to go.

a500
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5sum 6c923615534a00224ebcdd1687150129

a200
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5sum 63e6b690b36f883d367275de6dcf6f2a

a100
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5sum 690f7e482b5563a4c20e7a449f2cb2f0

enjoy :)
    Hi All,
    I am currently re-working the audio HAL, still a WIP but needs testing & feedback.

- external mic detection is fixed (need to know if capture volume is ok?)
    - overall volume should be better
    - HDMI audio should hopefully be working (I have no means to test this)

please test & report your findings.

a500 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5 6ede8c89b770927e6a379aab6caf6243

a200 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5 a2b21ef7d85984882bb69bd5f3bae13e

a100 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5 b02f87f6cc9fd72fa26b4c46385a65cf