JellyTime - 4.3 *Release 1 AVAILABLE

Search This thread

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
In three hours I have to get up and go to work, if you release some updates (3g for example) I try it tomorrow at this time I did fix the satellites, in the house!

Okie no new builds tonight gotta take care of the kids and work on HTC ace a bit I think it may just be missing the ril lib or a dependency no big deal I'll try to look into it tomorrow

parker09

Apr 27, 2010
eparker.me
'Feels faster' then the previous 4.2.2 build I was on, WiFi doesn't seem to be working for me after I rebooted but might be a problem on my end.

Thanks for the builds :D

edit: nvm the WiFi region was set to Europe not Australia :p

Reactions: randomblame

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
The stock Keyboard glitch from 4.2.2 is gone now I haven't found any bugs besides the a501 ril and GPS on a500 :cyclops:

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Which bootloader for this rom is best please also which kernel is recommended?

Will it also work on the 501?

You need to be running the skrilax_cz customized bootloader. Instructions for installation can be found in the Development Forum.

As for kernels, the rom itself has a kernel.

As for your other question..... Read the OP (original post) for information concerning which device. It states the ROM is for "50x" which means the A500 and A501.

Also, if you run into issues installing the bootloader, please post your bootloader/Recovery installation questions in the appropriate threads. ;)

MD

duryard

Jun 15, 2010
Exeter
www.iscasilver.co.uk
You need to be running the skrilax_cz customized bootloader. Instructions for installation can be found in the Development Forum.

As for kernels, the rom itself has a kernel.

As for your other question..... Read the OP (original post) for information concerning which device. It states the ROM is for "50x" which means the A500 and A501.

Also, if you run into issues installing the bootloader, please post your bootloader/Recovery installation questions in the appropriate threads. ;)

MD

Sorry MD. Missed the A50x. My bad.

Reactions: Moscow Desire

kdejong2012

Mar 17, 2012
Houston
Installed ROM last night and during set up my wifi network was recognized, I connected but had no internet connectivity. Rebooted and wifi & internet connectivity was established. Loaded up all apps from Google Play. Lost wifi connection and only way to re-establish is reboot.

Started up tab this morning. All good but the lost wifi within 10 mins. Rebooted and got stuck at Skrilax bootloader. Rebooted, no issue at bootloader, wifi staying connected, and now testing again.

Overall, ROM is fast and pretty stable (less a couple wifi drops needing reboots). Excellent work for such an early build.

For curiosity, ran Quadrant Standard benchmark and received score of 2772 - very snappy.

ki316

Jul 24, 2012
So just asking is it snappier/faster than apapousek's CM10.1 ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

wlk0

Sep 15, 2011
The stock Keyboard glitch from 4.2.2 is gone now I haven't found any bugs besides the a501 ril and GPS on a500 :cyclops:

Great job !
Seems faster than ever on my 2 years old a501.
Maybe trim support in 4.3 is helping...

Although, I have the text-to-speech engine fc at startup, and also when trying to run it from the settings tree ("language and input").
Did a full wipe.
In game speech seems odd (high pitch), I guess this is related to the tts issue.

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Great job !
Seems faster than ever on my 2 years old a501.
Maybe trim support in 4.3 is helping...

Although, I have the text-to-speech engine fc at startup, and also when trying to run it from the settings tree ("language and input").
Did a full wipe.
In game speech seems odd (high pitch), I guess this is related to the tts issue.

Fstrim needs a few conditions to be met before it will work automatically battery must be at 80% and device must be sleeping for an hour unplugged or atvleast 30% battery while plugged in sleeping for an hour I'm not even certain that this kernel supports it let me check a few things. There is an app in play store called lagfix that can force an fstrim command.

*EDIT* It looks like fstrim is not supported on the kernel side still looking into it
*EDIT2* I'm not finding any real list of required kernel features for fstrim besides a generic 2.6.33+ requirement...
*EDIT3* I just managed to force fstrim to run on the 3.1.10 kernel

Most of the speed improvements are likely due to rendering improvements but I'm not sure - I can say it is noticeably faster which is something I will rarely say without hard numbers

Last edited:
Reactions: iggdawg

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Fstrim needs a few conditions to be met before it will work automatically battery must be at 80% and device must be sleeping for an hour unplugged or atvleast 30% battery while plugged in sleeping for an hour I'm not even certain that this kernel supports it let me check a few things. There is an app in play store called lagfix that can force an fstrim command

I need to enable selinux too should just need a few quick changes to kernel

wlk0

Sep 15, 2011
backtrace of the TTS engine fc.
Seems voices/voice_metadata is missing from the package. Any clue ?

E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): IOException while reading metadata of apk voice
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): java.io.FileNotFoundException: voices//voice_metadata
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.content.res.AssetManager.openAsset(Native Method)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.content.res.AssetManager.open(AssetManager.java:338)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.content.res.AssetManager.open(AssetManager.java:312)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at com.google.android.tts.voicepack.VoiceDataManager.addVoicesFromApk(VoiceDataManager.java:179)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at com.google.android.tts.voicepack.VoiceDataManager.updateAvailableVoices(VoiceDataManager.java:136)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at com.google.android.tts.service.GoogleTTSApplication.onCreate(GoogleTTSApplication.java:49)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1007)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:4630)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:153)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1329)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5289)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:525)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:739)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:555)
E/TTS.VoiceDataManager( 2805): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
I/GoogleTTSService( 2805): Creating Google TTS service, version 2.1.0.737497
F/libc ( 2805): Fatal signal 4 (SIGILL) at 0x69bbb678 (code=1), thread 2805 (gle.android.tts)

kdejong2012

Mar 17, 2012
Houston
So just asking is it snappier/faster than apapousek's CM10.1 ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't been using apapousek's CM10.1 rom lately but this is very responsive. I suggest you do full backup then try this rom. It's likely not as stable as 10.1 roms but nothing surprising since this is the first 10.2 rom available for A50X. Randonblame is always blazing the trail for us.

My wifi drops after several hours which require reboot to re-establish. Text to speech force closes when starting maps and other apps that call it.

It's worth a test-drive!

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
I haven't been using apapousek's CM10.1 rom lately but this is very responsive. I suggest you do full backup then try this rom. It's likely not as stable as 10.1 roms but nothing surprising since this is the first 10.2 rom available for A50X. Randonblame is always blazing the trail for us.

My wifi drops after several hours which require reboot to re-establish. Text to speech force closes when starting maps and other apps that call it.

It's worth a test-drive!

I haven't seen any WiFi issues yet maybe I'm just blessed if you can catch a log I'd appreciate it. I got most of the selinux stuff fixed it still says its disabled but the logs aren't complaining anymore about the missing kernel features gotta figure out what I'm missing

kdejong2012

Mar 17, 2012
Houston
I haven't seen any WiFi issues yet maybe I'm just blessed if you can catch a log I'd appreciate it. I got most of the selinux stuff fixed it still says its disabled but the logs aren't complaining anymore about the missing kernel features gotta figure out what I'm missing

Will try and get log to you soon. I'm in process of moving so may take a day or two.

theCroh

Dec 15, 2011
Oulu
I installed this yesterday. No problems so far. Wifi also working without problems. Thanks for the great work randomblame!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.3 for the iconia a50x is now available!

Working:
    audio
    sdcards
    usb mounting
    wifi
    bluetooth
    SU/ROOT
    Camera
    trim
    etc etc

Not Working:
    GPS ONLY WORKS ON A501 for now
    Cellular radio not yet functional on a501
    Focal app not working
    selinux is still disabled

JellyTime 4.3 Release 1
    New wallpaper added to jt_wallpapers and set as default
    New nexus 7 style transition animations
    easter egg jellytime-ified
    synced with upstream sources
    wifi issues should be solved
    http://goo.im/devs/randomblame/iconia/jt-4.3-20130915-Release-a501.zip

GAPPS
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

BSAe1yGCEAAsKip.png:small

Kernel Source: https://github.com/randomblame/a500_2.6
    pushing a new build now

*op updated build 6 available
    Sorry guys I got it built yesterday then got distracted I'll see if I can't get it booting this morning

*it looks like my problems are early in init I get a boot USB comes alive but adb never kicks it reboots first so I need to investigate ramdisk.

ramdisk seems fine it may be a problem with my custom package I'm stealing the cm10.2 build changes and going to try running make otapackage that way maybe it's a permissions issue

*ok been looking around and aparantly everyone is using the r1 branch because the r2.1 branch and the dev branches don't quite work lol I'm destroying this repo and syncing again

*FINALLY I got the aosp build system replaced with something a bit more practical and I have a build with a compiled flashable zip woohoo still only a partial boot but it's going faster

*arghhhh I put cm10.2 together in it's super duper early state and didn't get any life out of it either I'm off to bed
    Well I have cm10.2 and also in progress but today I have to pack up the computer and get moved I will definitely get back to it as soon as possible