[Q] Constant popups with location - how to get rid of?

Search This thread

indianl

Oct 8, 2009
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my Xperia S: I have constantly popup windows opening, showing the location of (I guess) the nearest cell phone tower. I already tried to turn off all location settings, but the popup still appears, sometimes every 2 minutes.
I also did a firmware upgrade already, no success either. Does anyone have an idea where those popups are coming from???

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
i do have the same problem..........can someone help us out?

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

its really annoying,someone put ur thoughts and help us................

indianl

Oct 8, 2009
Goo to know that I am not the only one :)

Can you maybe post a list of apps that you have installed? Maybe an app is responsible for those annoying pop up messages?

taradem

Feb 7, 2011
Did you configure Mcafee in your phone ? Because mine shows them whem i try to locate the phone using mcafee site .

indianl

Oct 8, 2009
Cheers, will try tonight and report!
Is there maybe any Android app which can change those settings on the SIM / change the settings with the operator network?

DevilsArc

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
Has anyone found a solution for this, its driving me insane, during my trip home in the car from work, I have to have the phone on silent to combat the constant updates!!

jamichy

Feb 18, 2005
NO CHANGE

I tried putting my sim in an old S40 Nokia and disabled cell info display as well as deleted all info channels (including CH50), but still getting these Cell Broadcast messages. Looks like we all have to wait until ICS for things to improve.

DevilsArc

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
I tried the sim swapping thing but it didn't work I'm still getting the pop ups is quite annoying

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
The new Cell Broadcast option in the latest 6.0.A.3.73 firmware should resolve the problem I think.

screenshot201203291216.jpg

Top Liked Posts