[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zard

Jul 19, 2005
please let us know if the latest file has been uploaded... it's been 2 and a half hours now, so it should be finished uploading by now. there's no one to confirm about that so I was hoping you would. Thanks in advance

EDIT: poor grammar

Just downloaded but it is still old zip. Need to replace file which OP mentioned.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

zard

Jul 19, 2005
I just updated. I think the performance has improved by about 20%! Kudos to the devs! :thumbup:

Sent from Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD

Finished installation, replaced the apk suggested by OP, and restored all my apps from Titanium Backup. Everything is fine and I definitely agree that the performance is definitely improved. Wish I can have this on my N7105.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tkpault

Apr 7, 2007
Melbourne
Inclusion of Mms.apk in ROM

Hi. Really love the PA build. Just updated to "pa_tilapia-3.56-23MAY2013-023255" and using the latest Franco Kernel I have "franco.Kernel-nightly-r61". Not sure if it possible to include the Mms.apk in the NEW builds for those who want to SMS from their Nexus 7. I do it manually each time I flash a NEW build of PA at present. Just a thought. Also :) Will PDroid ever be included in the future builds? Thanks for all your awesome work PA & Franco. Love it.

mcsuperd

Apr 2, 2013
Hi. Really love the PA build. Just updated to "pa_tilapia-3.56-23MAY2013-023255" and using the latest Franco Kernel I have "franco.Kernel-nightly-r61". Not sure if it possible to include the Mms.apk in the NEW builds for those who want to SMS from their Nexus 7. I do it manually each time I flash a NEW build of PA at present. Just a thought. Also :) Will PDroid ever be included in the future builds? Thanks for all your awesome work PA & Franco. Love it.

r61 seems to have problems with youtube. I suggest r48 since it's the most stable one I've ever used. 10 hours of comic reading, 6 hours of heavy Wifi/3G usage. The only problem with it is if you treat your N7 like a phone (constantly checking time, dictionary, email every 10 mins) the battery drains pretty quick, that's why I have my phone lol.

Anyway, 3.56 is the very good, though the date always reads "THURSD..." instead of "THURSDAY" on 3.55. And I somehow feel 3.55 is smoother

manolohd

Nov 1, 2009
frunhyc

i have put in zip the mms.apk with total commander and than i've flashed pa_tilapia-3.56-23MAY2013-023255.zip and so work fine.

kaluoshi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2011
South Italy
r61 seems to have problems with youtube. I suggest r48 since it's the most stable one I've ever used. 10 hours of comic reading, 6 hours of heavy Wifi/3G usage. The only problem with it is if you treat your N7 like a phone (constantly checking time, dictionary, email every 10 mins) the battery drains pretty quick, that's why I have my phone lol.

Anyway, 3.56 is the very good, though the date always reads "THURSD..." instead of "THURSDAY" on 3.55. And I somehow feel 3.55 is smoother

that date bug is fixed now while on Pie :good:

tkpault

Apr 7, 2007
Melbourne

Interested in trying out the r48 release. Where can I download the r48 kernel? Had a quick look at a franco kernel thread. Does anyone know if the Osmosis tweaks are available for Nexus 3G rom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Found it. Will give it a try. Still interested in the Osmosis tweaks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

KingPrincess

Jan 18, 2013
Is 3.56 safe? Changelog? Do you need to fix the preferences like 3.55 or does this one work like it's supposed to?

zard

Jul 19, 2005
New built, within a day, that's fantastic. Downloading now. Thank you.

Last edited:

rockafellor

May 6, 2013
3.56 feels very stable. Go for it! Using with franco r61 kernel with ubers hotplug and governor settings.

Question : do I need to tick the "set cpu/governor settings on startup/boot" boxes in order to apply my custom settings from über?

Sent from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk 2

rockafellor

May 6, 2013
I have some more questions though. What does the halo app from Google play store actually do?
I bought paranoid android preferences. Is it normal when it's still saying "go pro" and showing the icon in the apps menu and disappearing when clicking on it? It just said, thanks for purchasing.

Thanks rockafellor

Sent from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk 2

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Seems like none of the kernel including lean kernel go into deep sleep on this Rom. Experienced in 3.5, 3.55 and 3.56. Any help is appreciated. Thank.

Last edited:

jumparound246

Oct 22, 2012
Seems like none of the kernel including lean kernel go into deep sleep on this Rom. Experienced in 3.5, 3.55 and 3.56. Any help is appreciated. Thank.

Have had this problem also. Don't remember what fixed it, unfortunately. Guess it was a clean install. Did you flashed dirty or clean?
How long did you let each kernel settle?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Have had this problem also. Don't remember what fixed it, unfortunately. Guess it was a clean install. Did you flashed dirty or clean?
How long did you let each kernel settle?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

From 3.50 to 3.55, it was clean installed. From 3.55 to 3.56, it was dirty flash. Will try clean install tomorrow.

ctap001

May 25, 2013
Just flashed 3.56 and noticed two problems:

1. You have to go to some hoops before the global color can stick
2. The date on the statusbar's pulldown menu is not displaying properly. It goes:

|"SATURD...|
|carrier ID |

when before it goes

|SAT, MAY 25|
|carrier ID |

Thanks in advance for any fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SS%2BCheck.png

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS (You need to flash STOCK one first)

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,

Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION

Ok I finaally found the bug the build on goo is good to go. For those of you that care it was this commit from almost a month ago https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_vendor_pa/commit/f175f9edb7d25f11281c4be87961473fc5b1fcc0 i checkout out the gnex repos to do some testing last week, and it end up overwriting the broacom lib library, and due to the way i have my repos set up(dependent on grouper folder) compared to the muppets some libs got copied over some didnt. Sorry it took so long to find. I didnt realize what was happening as our repos didnt change
    For flashing in recovery

Flashable zip. Enqueue it after rom, of course :)
    just pushed a new build with rotation fixed