Newb here.. Unlocked update?

Search This thread

lopezchris21

May 14, 2014
Hello guys. Im having some trouble here. I purchased this htc one used about a yr ago. These last couple of weeks I have been getting update screens and when i hit ok to update it downloads and when it installs it freezes about 30% in and i have to hold the power and vol up under a light to reboot it in which it loads into a screen with a red triangle. I reboot it again and it boots phone normal.

Now i did a little research and i believe my phone is unlocked. I just watched a 15 min video of unlocking bootloader and root. This one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2260376. At the end There was a app called SuperSU. I have always wondered what that was for and i do have that on my phone.

I would like to update my phone but have no clue what needs to be done or where to even start...
Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-14-09-49-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-09-49-21.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_2014-05-14-09-07-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-09-07-15.png
    254 KB · Views: 22

kartik.kayz

Oct 1, 2011
Hello guys. Im having some trouble here. I purchased this htc one used about a yr ago. These last couple of weeks I have been getting update screens and when i hit ok to update it downloads and when it installs it freezes about 30% in and i have to hold the power and vol up under a light to reboot it in which it loads into a screen with a red triangle. I reboot it again and it boots phone normal.

Now i did a little research and i believe my phone is unlocked. I just watched a 15 min video of unlocking bootloader and root. This one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2260376. At the end There was a app called SuperSU. I have always wondered what that was for and i do have that on my phone.

I would like to update my phone but have no clue what needs to be done or where to even start...
Any help would be much appreciated.

Update will not be applied until and unless you have a fully stock rom locked or relocked bootloader.
in this case you will have to run the ruu of your phone.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lopezchris21

May 14, 2014
[QUOTEkartik.kayz;52651022]Update will not be applied until and unless you have a fully stock rom locked or relocked bootloader.
in this case you will have to run the ruu of your phone.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

Ok. Looks like il be doing more research. I do not know what a stock Rom locked or relocked bootloader is nor where to get it. Same goes for a guy. I'll look it up.