[Q] Screen Flickering?

Search This thread
Feb 6, 2014
Hello,

Hope all is well.

I was wondering if anyone experienced an issue with their Samsung Galaxy S4 where the screen flickers on the bottom 3/4 of the screen with a greyish tint? Not sure what is causing this and can't seem to figure out if it is a hardware or software issue.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated - thank you!!

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm afraid that is a hardware defect.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

Are you running a custom ROM?

Feb 6, 2014
I'm afraid that is a hardware defect.

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

Are you running a custom ROM?

Hello,

Yes - I am running a custom rom. Hmm - so it's a known defect huh. Darn - that's a bummer because this phone was expensive!

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Hello,

Yes - I am running a custom rom. Hmm - so it's a known defect huh. Darn - that's a bummer because this phone was expensive!

Hardware defects are covered by warranty. So long as you can reproduce the flickering on a 100 percent non rooted stock ROM.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

UnklePappy

Mar 16, 2010
Doubtful it is hardware

I have been having this problem since the 4.3 update. It usually only happens when the screen dims down due to screen timeout. Then it will start to get worse and project the flicker at regular brightness. A reboot usually fixes the problem or lessens it for a period of time.

I have tried with and without my live wallpaper, auto brightness on and off. Some people have recommended a factory reset to see if that clears it, but I have not been willing to do that yet since I have data that I do not want to loose and have not had the time to really troubleshoot. I am completely stock.

This has been driving me crazy for a while now. If you do factory reboot please post if makes a difference.

mousumst

Apr 3, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I think I've found the best solution out there for most annoying screen flickering issues... Done a substential amount of digging and finally discovered the app "Twillight" which works like a real charm by enabling backlight control feature... Try it out first, then thank me and share your experience here ...

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
I think I've found the best solution out there for most annoying screen flickering issues... Done a substential amount of digging and finally discovered the app "Twillight" which works like a real charm by enabling backlight control feature... Try it out first, then thank me and share your experience here ...

Can you give me a little more info on how to find this app? The play store just brings up vampire stuff!