[Q] A tribute/update to Decks 1.3d? Feedback requested

Search This thread

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
Hey guys I have had several requests to make a KWIQ rom using Decks 1.3d as a base. This is not going to happen, it's DECKS 1.3D!! No way would I EVER try to put my name or brand to undeniably the greatest GB AOSP rom ever to grace our EVO's.
Here is what I would like to do, but only with the backing of the "DeckHead" community, and the man Deck himself, (PM sent). I'd like some input from you dyed in the wool Deck fans. Rope, carhauler, lawson, this means you!

First off it would be clearly posted as Deck's 1.3d, possibly as "updated, resurrected, reloaded" or to that effect. Second PROPER credits with links back to Original thread, and in turn for all mods and tweaks. Third, keep rom 100% true to original except as specified below.
1) Apply all fixes found in Deck's OP- GPS, vvm, wake-lock, etc
2) Apply the Car-a-Dope tweaks verbatim at the ram-disk level where at all possible, to stay true to concept.
3) Lee kernel built in
4) Remove languages (keep Spanish, english) from system and framework files
5) Optimize all PNG's in system and framework
6) Odex framework and system/app

Guys I have no delusions of grandeur, I consider myself to be a modder, maybe a developer in training at best. I'm not on here posting anything trying to become rich, boost my ego, or win a popularity contest. I will never have a "donate" button, I refer all requests (only 5 so far) for my Paypal info to Deck, Preludedrew, Cyanogen or Charity of choice. I honestly am in this for the fun of it and to learn and share what I can, nothing more.
That having been said, what do you guys think?

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
Hey guys I have had several requests to make a KWIQ rom using Decks 1.3d as a base. This is not going to happen, it's DECKS 1.3D!! No way would I EVER try to put my name or brand to undeniably the greatest GB AOSP rom ever to grace our EVO's.
Here is what I would like to do, but only with the backing of the "DeckHead" community, and the man Deck himself, (PM sent). I'd like some input from you dyed in the wool Deck fans. Rope, carhauler, lawson, this means you!

First off it would be clearly posted as Deck's 1.3d, possibly as "updated, resurrected, reloaded" or to that effect. Second PROPER credits with links back to Original thread, and in turn for all mods and tweaks. Third, keep rom 100% true to original except as specified below.
2) Apply the Car-a-Dope tweaks verbatim at the ram-disk level where at all possible, to stay true to concept.
3) Lee kernel built in

Guys I have no delusions of grandeur, I consider myself to be a modder, maybe a developer in training at best. I'm not on here posting anything trying to become rich, boost my ego, or win a popularity contest. I will never have a "donate" button, I refer all requests (only 5 so far) for my Paypal info to Deck, Preludedrew, Cyanogen or Charity of choice. I honestly am in this for the fun of it and to learn and share what I can, nothing more.

There are also other fixes I would want a hand in making sure you have added to this rom. I would also like it to be called Reloaded Deck. If I can have my way on this then I'm all for it.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah I like that name too :)

I would also like to see things like Xloud/Beats Audio added on and maybe a few mods BUT that's just me.....hahaha

Reactions: Tsoul0529

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me

I would also like to see things like Xloud/Beats Audio added on and maybe a few mods BUT that's just me.....hahaha

There needs to be an easy uninstall for xloud/beats for those who don't want it. This could potentially be really good.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
There are also other fixes I would want a hand in making sure you have added to this rom. I would also like it to be called Reloaded Deck. If I can have my way on this then I'm all for it.

ropodope

Love the name! To be honest I wouldn't think of doing this without your & Car's blessings and support.

There needs to be an easy uninstall for xloud/beats for those who don't want it. This could potentially be really good.

ropodope

Those mods are sick, Totally agree about it being an option. How about this, "Reloaded Deck" true to original, and have a flashable zip for add on mods and such?
Also, I'm not sure how often Deck checks his XDA pm's so if this thread has some good responses of support for the idea, I was going to hit him up with a link to it on twitter.

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
Love the name! To be honest I wouldn't think of doing this without your & Car's blessings and support.

Those mods are sick, Totally agree about it being an option. How about this, "Reloaded Deck" true to original, and have a flashable zip for add on mods and such?
Also, I'm not sure how often Deck checks his XDA pm's so if this thread has some good responses of support for the idea, I was going to hit him up with a link to it on twitter.
I would send him a direct message on twitter. Glad you like the name.

ropodope

twiztidvandal417

I would be all for this, Ive been running decks for a very long time now, started out with mikg...But came across decks and decided from reading that entire thread *cringes* that it was the best aosp rom out there. And I cant leave this rom! Ive tried lol I always come back.

So if all you guys are behind this, I'll flash it when its finished and run with it, you guys got my support!

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
I would be all for this, Ive been running decks for a very long time now, started out with mikg...But came across decks and decided from reading that entire thread *cringes* that it was the best aosp rom out there. And I cant leave this rom! Ive tried lol I always come back.

So if all you guys are behind this, I'll flash it when its finished and run with it, you guys got my support!

Good stuff, thx. Way to go!

ropodope

smatherlee

Mar 5, 2011
Behind my M24 (Retired)
Rope first welcome back and secondly I'm glad you're on board with this I know Jamie will do right by everyone involved with the build of this Rom idea. Lastly, love your signature block, lmao!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me

gotmypanicshoes

Mar 26, 2012
Swansboro, N.C.

ropodope

Word..... All hail DECK>...

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

had to take ur link out to post my message!!! Tht sheet so gay!!! *T*I*N*C*A*N*D*R*O*I*D*

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth[/QUOTE]

Ha HA David Lee Roth was the first concert i ever went to. Cinderella open for him... got in elevator at hotel to go down stairs. the 4 guys in there i knew i seen somewhere. right b4 we hit the lobby it hit me... i yelled **** yeah yall are Cinderella they just busted out lol i guess id been mean buggin trying to put it together.... Got all of them autograph they got on tour bus and split!!! lol hand to god true story!!............I know this dont got **** to do with this thread but goes with Ropodopes Signature!!

LOL Yo ropo i listened to ur link while i went way back in the brain files to get this story out!!!

dhawk312

Dec 20, 2011
KC, KS
+1

I'd also like to suggest touching base with atyoung about specific EVO tweaks. He made a vague yet interesting comment in the Deck 1.3 thread saying eventually he'll chat with Papa Smurf about more customized and beneficial tweaks for the EVO.

I'm sure if Rope, Car, atyoung, and crew are involved, even if only minimal, then this could easily become the best (reloaded) AOSP rom.

Let us know what Deck says. Good luck.

atljatl

Jan 6, 2012
atlanta, ga
+1 for everything y'all have said. I'm simply a user of the work all of you do. I absolutely love decks 1.3. Actually am on ur kwiq-ns now and love it. So, just another voice from a supporter. Thanks all of you.

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
The mason kernel really is better than the LEE kernel in every way now. As you know i have been a huge proponent of the LEE and was the one who named it because it was by far the best gb kernel...until now. I've been majorly impressed with Mason kernel and had been running it for two weeks now. Iv won't user anything else with gb any more. Lee was great but the Mason kernel really is the new LEE.
I really would like to see it be the default kernel in this project. where else can you have so many governors and schedulers in such a fast, stable and smooth running kernel? You can't and .15 is right around the corner.This one makes the tiamat AND the savagedzen fanboys proud.

ropodope

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
The mason kernel really is better than the LEE kernel in every way now. As you know i have been a huge proponent of the LEE and was the one who named it because it was by far the best gb kernel...until now. I've been majorly impressed with Mason kernel and had been running it for two weeks now. Iv won't user anything else with gb any more. Lee was great but the Mason kernel really is the new LEE.
I really would like to see it be the default kernel in this project. where else can you have so many governors and schedulers in such a fast, stable and smooth running kernel? You can't and .15 is right around the corner.This one makes the tiamat AND the savagedzen fanboys proud.

ropodope

Mazda sent me this link earlier.
http://atyoung.blogspot.com/2012/04/little-15-mason-teaser.html?spref=tw&m=1

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: smatherlee

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
All over it. Yes!

ropodope

IAmAN00bie

Dec 2, 2010
"Don't complain if it eats your soul or does horrible things, as it's a tester, not meant for mass adoption, hell it might not even boot at all."

Ha, such is the life of the ROM flasher. But at least we have NANDROID backups!

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
"Don't complain if it eats your soul or does horrible things, as it's a tester, not meant for mass adoption, hell it might not even boot at all."

Ha, such is the life of the ROM flasher. But at least we have NANDROID backups!

Been running it for a week on gb. Great! The ics hwa is a bit different so I wouldn't know.

ropodope

Reactions: dhawk312

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update, we are 99.5% complete. Preview will be released this week, not giving a specific day as sh@! happens. Rest assured as soon as the last lump is ironed, you will know. Could be tonight, could be before Sunday....
    Hey guys do me a favor, please go check out this thread- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1647896

I'm glad that you all are registering on tincandroid....really glad to see you guys there!!

I also agree with jamie, the speeds are awesome on this ROM and will only get better as we dig in and start adding more tweaks and remove crap that slows a ROM down :D:D

Speaking of tweaks, I wanted to show you one of many tweaks that will be added on....

2luuzq9.png

3) Lee kernel built in

I'm gonna drop the preview over in dev in just a couple hours. ReLoaded will follow shortly, in same thread, please no ETA's. Trust me no one is more excited than me to have this drop. I figured it up, I probably have close to 180 hours into this project, really hoping that all that time pays off.
    A big huge thanks to Rope without whom this project would only be a shadow of what it has become. Also to Mazda who dropped other projects to make some killer mods for ReLoaded, and Smelkus who implemented a key feature that had me banging my head against walls. Even if I did break it and have to start over.... lol
    You guys enjoying this preview do me a solid, go smash all them guys thanks buttons a couple few times.
    See ya all over in dev!
    -jamie

If there was a way to show how fast transitions animations are you'd all be blowing wads right now.
    I swear your gonna want to hold your phone tighter from fear it will snap out of your hand.
    Absolutely SICK, and definitely unprecedented speed. Mother Effin amazing.