[GUIDE]How to create icon packs for Go/Nova/Apex/Holo/ADW/LauncherPro/XperiaHome

Search This thread

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA
I have a 16 kb/s net connection

It's not possible for me to create a video and upload.

However I can answer any questions if you have, as many times you want.

OK, I decided to come back and give it another go, now I`m faced with this, as far as I remember it was`nt there when I left it...

Lines 7 & 9

Should I just wait until the OP is updated??
eclipse.png

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
OK, I decided to come back and give it another go, now I`m faced with this, as far as I remember it was`nt there when I left it...

Lines 7 & 9

Should I just wait until the OP is updated??
eclipse.png

Actually, it's not an error. It's just a warning

You don't need to worry about that. I got 1000 like those in my app

You need to worry when there is a red sign.

Edit:

But I see, you've imported your project the wrong way

The thing which you should have imported is inside another project

So, you'll have to delete this project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lalit Patil

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA
OK so now I`m up to the part where I have to add my icons, so I just add my pack to all drawable folders and not worry about re sizing them, at least that what I understood from the instructions?

Do I need to do anything with the png`s/ jpg`s that are already in there?

Edit: Droidicon website finally opened for me, so I search for my first icon ( 7 digital ) and came up with this..
7digital
uk.co.sevendigital.android
uk.co.sevendigital.android.library.ui.SDIStartActivity
uk_co_sevendigital_android_library_ui_sdistartactivity
uk.co.sevendigital.android/uk.co.sevendigital.android.library.ui.SDIStartActivity

Which line do I copy/paste?

Last edited:

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
OK so now I`m up to the part where I have to add my icons, so I just add my pack to all drawable folders and not worry about re sizing them, at least that what I understood from the instructions?

Do I need to do anything with the png`s/ jpg`s that are already in there?

Edit: Droidicon website finally opened for me, so I search for my first icon ( 7 digital ) and came up with this..
7digital
uk.co.sevendigital.android
uk.co.sevendigital.android.library.ui.SDIStartActivity
uk_co_sevendigital_android_library_ui_sdistartactivity
uk.co.sevendigital.android/uk.co.sevendigital.android.library.ui.SDIStartActivity

Which line do I copy/paste?

You copy the last line in appfilter.xml

toiletduckie44

Nov 21, 2013
Im a little confused, maybe you can help clear this up. With applying icons for Nova, you can set one icon to use multiple activities which is great.
So what happens with Holo Launcher and some other launchers?
Do i need to create an Icon for every Activity there is?

For example. the "Contact" icon has many different activities, and i assume every brand of phone would have their own activity name.
So.....If i create one that works with say Sony, when somebody with a Samsung installs the icon pack it wont work because the activity is different?

Big question is do i need to create a separate icon for every activity? If not how does this work please?

I got confused when i saw so many different activities for just one application. And my icon could only take one name.

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
Im a little confused, maybe you can help clear this up. With applying icons for Nova, you can set one icon to use multiple activities which is great.

For example. the "Contact" icon has many different activities, and i assume every brand of phone would have their own activity name.
So.....If i create one that works with say Sony, when somebody with a Samsung installs the icon pack it wont work because the activity is different?

Big question is do i need to create a separate icon for every activity? If not how does this work please?

I got confused when i saw so many different activities for just one application. And my icon could only take one name.

Holo Launcher has updated it's theming engine so Nova based themes work on it, that means, you don't require your icons to be named as activities

;)

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City

One icon can have many activities.

As far as Contacts/Phone activities, to put it not so mildly it's a biotch. There are a crap load of activities for them. Throw this in your appfilter.xml and something should stick...lol.

HTML:
<!-- Contacts -->
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsContactsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.TwelveKeyDialer}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.DialerEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.ContactsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.PhoneBookTopMenuActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallLogEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.ContactsFrontDoor}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.PhoneBookSplitTopMenuActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.PhoneContactsActivity}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.ContactTabBrowserActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsRecentCallsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.RecntcallEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.PhoneDialtactsActivity}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.RecentCallsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PhoneFrontDoor}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsPhoneEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.tmo.LaunchCommunityActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.BbDialtactsMainFrameActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsListActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.SmartDialerActivity}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactHostActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsRecentEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallListEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsRecentCallEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.CallLogShortcut}" drawable="phone2" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsDialerEntryActivity}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.CallLog}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsMainFromHomeActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialerActivity}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.RecentCallLogLaunchActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.dialer.DialerPhoneActivity}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.TransparentActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.SmartDialerListActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.BaiJiaXingActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.SmartDailerActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsListActivityLauncher}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsListActivityEx}" drawable="contacts" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.TwelveKeyDialer}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur/com.motorola.blur.ViewIdentitiesFacetActivity}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.ContactsTabActivity}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.ContactsSearch}" drawable="phone" />
	<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.BrowseLayerCarouselActivity}" drawable="contacts"/>

Honestly, I couldn't tell you which one of the these are the true activities for Phone/Contacts but I've never had a problem getting the activities recognized no matter what device or launcher I've use so far.

toiletduckie44

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I managed to find the activities that apply icons to the phone and contact. I used the process of elimination using that list.lol. Took a while.
The holo launcher is frustrating, because i want to support it but i still have to name my icons in that horrible format. Tried both Holo and Holo HD. Same thing.

Apex seems to grab and apply icons from the Nova format and the Holo format.

For Holo Launcher if i wanted to support so many devices i would have to create more than one icon with different names right?

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the reply. I managed to find the activities that apply icons to the phone and contact. I used the process of elimination using that list.lol. Took a while.
The holo launcher is frustrating, because i want to support it but i still have to name my icons in that horrible format. Tried both Holo and Holo HD. Same thing.

Apex seems to grab and apply icons from the Nova format and the Holo format.

For Holo Launcher if i wanted to support so many devices i would have to create more than one icon with different names right?

No, now Holo supports Nova style icon names

Read the updated guide for more information

But you must be updated to Holo v2.03+

BurningKoala

Jan 11, 2011
1- I've seen some icon pack like minimal ui that when they don't have the icon they just put the original icon on a random themed background...how can i do something like this?

2 - 144x144 is the max resolution? Can I use for example 200x200? Any changes?

sorry for my bad english >_>

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
1- I've seen some icon pack like minimal ui that when they don't have the icon they just put the original icon on a random themed background...how can i do something like this?

2 - 144x144 is the max resolution? Can I use for example 200x200? Any changes?

sorry for my bad english >_>

You can do that by using iconback, more information in Apex Theme Thread (link given in OP)

BurningKoala

Jan 11, 2011
You can do that by using iconback, more information in Apex Theme Thread (link given in OP)

thanks!

Now I have a problem, I tried to make the people icon and everything was ok, now I've added clock & email app but this 2 don't work : /

here's the lines
<item drawable="clock" />
<item drawable="email" />
<item drawable="people" />

<item>email</item>
<item>clock</item>
<item>people</item>

<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.email/com.android.email.activity.Welcome}" drawable="email" />
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.deskclock/com.android.deskclock.DeskClock}" drawable="clock" />
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity}" drawable="people" />

ComponentInfo should be right because I've checked them directly from my nexus 7 using apex, I've got 3 icons (clock,email,people) 144x144 in the xdpi folder

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
thanks!

Now I have a problem, I tried to make the people icon and everything was ok, now I've added clock & email app but this 2 don't work : /

here's the lines
<item drawable="clock" />
<item drawable="email" />
<item drawable="people" />

<item>email</item>
<item>clock</item>
<item>people</item>

<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.email/com.android.email.activity.Welcome}" drawable="email" />
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.deskclock/com.android.deskclock.DeskClock}" drawable="clock" />
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity}" drawable="people" />

ComponentInfo should be right because I've checked them directly from my nexus 7 using apex, I've got 3 icons (clock,email,people) 144x144 in the xdpi folder

It should be any one of these:

Clock:
HTML:
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.alarmclock/com.android.alarmclock.AlarmClock}" drawable="clock"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.android.worldclock/com.htc.android.worldclock.WorldClockTabControl}" drawable="clock"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.clockpackage/com.sec.android.app.clockpackage.ClockPackage}" drawable="clock"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.google.android.deskclock/com.android.deskclock.DeskClock}" drawable="clock"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.deskclock/com.android.deskclock.DeskClock}" drawable="clock"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur/com.motorola.blur.alarmclock.AlarmClock}" drawable="clock"/>

Email:
HTML:
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.android.mail/com.htc.android.mail.MultipleActivitiesMain}" drawable="email"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.email/com.android.email.activity.Welcome}" drawable="email"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.android.mail/com.htc.android.mail.MailListTab}" drawable="email"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.google.android.email/com.android.email.activity.Welcome}" drawable="email"/>
<item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur.email/com.motorola.blur.email.mailbox.MailListActivity}" drawable="email"/>

Instead of trying to figure which one of these is the correct one, I would just dump all these in your appfilter.xml.

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA
OK, I`m giving this another go since the update, I`ve gotten a little further this time, happy days, so I`ve about 20 or so icons renamed before I took a break, went to save it and came up with this..

elcilpse%20error.png

I tried Googling it, but I`m in over my head, what have I done wrong, thanks.

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
OK, I`m giving this another go since the update, I`ve gotten a little further this time, happy days, so I`ve about 20 or so icons renamed before I took a break, went to save it and came up with this..

elcilpse%20error.png

I tried Googling it, but I`m in over my head, what have I done wrong, thanks.

Ok

First of all, </resources> tag should be wayyy down below at extreme bottom

Secondly, as you may notice, adobe reader is missing an apostrophe

It's "adobe_reader but it should be "adobe_reader"

Reactions: mloc33

supercrossed

Sep 24, 2011
Fort myers
I downloaded a template that has about 2000 icons in the .xml files.

The template has all the code lines for each app written in the XML files, with names already put in.. All I'd have to do is just name my icons PNGs accordingly and place them the xxhdpi folder and I'll be set?

Last edited:

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
I downloaded a template that has about 2000 icons in the .xml files.

The template has all the code lines for each app written in the XML files, with names already put in.. All I'd have to do is just name my icons PNGs accordingly and place them the xxhdpi folder and I'll be set?

Yep

But, if all 2000 pngs are not in your app and it's in drawable.xml or iconpack.xml, you won't be able to compile your app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to create Icon Packs for Go/Apex/Nova/Holo/ADW/Launcher Pro/Xperia Home Launchers
    However, there are many guides on Apex Launcher, Nova. ADW but when someone starts, he finds himself rather confused on which launcher to start working with and then how to add support of other launchers in it.
    I was confused too on how to create Holo Launcher icon pack, then I found out LauncherPro guide which worked on Holo Launcher. Then, I further went on adding launchers as people requested for my Metrosphere Icon Pack. I got great help from DSaif's guide here. Then, I took the Apex Sample Pack from here and added support of other launchers in it. You can check that guide if are further looking onto advanced options of icon packs in Apex or creating themes for Apex, this guide will concentrically based on Icon apk CreationYou can also add support of different launchers from there, but if you are lazy like me, then you can follow this guide which has a sample pack with support already added and I'll be guiding you on how to further add icons in it ;)
    Pre-Requisites

• Eclipse with ADT Plugin
    • Icons which you want to add
    • Time and Patience

Guide

1. Downloading the sample

Download the Sample Icon Pack Source zip from below and extract it in any accessible local directory.

2. Importing the Project

Now open Eclipse and select File>Import

A window will pop up, drop down the Android Category and select Existing Android Code Into Workspace and Click Next

It will ask you to chose the root directory. Browse to where you extracted the Sample Icon Pack

5uzm.png

Click on OK. And select Copy projects into workspace and then click on Finish.

3. Renaming Package Name

Now, you'll see the IconProject dropdown in Package Explorer window in Eclipse.

Now, you want to rename your Icon Pack's Package name as desired. For that, right click on IconProject and select Android Tools>Rename Application Package, and type in the name you want and click OK.

mi3l.png

Also, Expand the IconProject Folder by clicking on drop down button and then, expand src folder, and you'll see areeb.apex.metrosphere.iconpack named file. Right click on it and Choose Refractor>Rename and type in the same package name you typed in previously, and Click OK

gln1.png

Name, the above steps for renaming package name can be omitted if you have yourself replaced the name evrywhere manually such as mainactivity.java, AndroidManifest.xml, etc

4. Naming your Icon Pack and changing description

Now, go to /res/values/strings.xml and change the name of Icon Pack from Sample Icon Pack to anything you want

There are also description of theme, you contact info, etc that can be changed in strings.xml

In AndroidManifest.xml, you can change some more informations such as version number, etc

5. Adding icons to your icon pack-

Now, we will be adding our icons in the icon pack but first, some things to clear-

For Go, Holo, Nova, Apex or other launchers - iconbase, iconmask, iconupon pngs can be used to provide a uniform look across icons on the device (More info is provided in Apex Launcher Icon Pack Tutorial). If you don't want them, just go to /res/xml/appfilter.xml and delete these lines accordingly:

Code:
    <iconback img1="iconback" />
    <iconmask img1="iconmask" />
    <iconupon img1="iconupon" />
    Now, how to add icons in icon pack? Ok, let's come to the point.
    Add all your icons in drawable-xdpi (x=xh,h,m,l) folder depending upon for which dpi you have created them. XHDPI are normally 144x144, and HDPI are mainly 90x90.

You don't need to resize your icons for different DPI. For let's say, you made HDPI icons, now, you don't have to resize them for MDPI or LDPI devices, android does it on it's own. But definitely, HDPI icons will look pixelated on XHDPI, so it's recommended to make icons of as high resolution as possible.

Once added in the folder, let's say drawable-hdpi, we'll start the renaming process.

Holo Launcher updated it's theming engine, so it's very easy to put icon names now

You can put any name for your icons like browser for Browser and opera_mini for Opera Mini. It's your choice. Now, keep in mind that your icons should only be in lower case and no character like .,?/\|:";<>{}][ etc should come in their name, only underscore _ is allowed

I) Open /res/xml/drawable.xml and add all the new icon names in it in this format

Code:
    <item drawable="opera_mini" />
    <item drawable="browser" />
    <item drawable="fruit_ninja" />
    (Required for icons to appear in Icon Selector Menu, controls icons position in it too, i.e, icon registered above in xml also appears above in Icon Selector)

II) Open /res/values/iconpack.xml and add all the new icons in this format

Code:
    <item>opera_mini</item>
    <item>browser</item>
    <item>fruit_ninja</item>
    (Does same thing as above in Apex Launcher. Deleting any one of the above two breaks functionality in one of the launchers)

Order of icons in these xml decide the order of icons in Icon Selector

III)

Find ComponentInfo name first by going in activities.droidicon.com

Edit : Above site doesn't work as reported by many people. Here are some other sites:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54038742&postcount=369

Search your app name. For example Opera Mini. You'll get search results like this

Opera Mini
    com.opera.mini.android
    com.opera.mini.android.Browser
    com_opera_mini_android_browser
    com.opera.mini.android/com.opera.mini.android.Browser

The last name is what you want to get

Open /res/xml/appfilter.xml and add all new icons in this format

Code:
    <item component="ComponentInfo{[COLOR=Red]com.mobint.hololauncher/com.mobint.hololauncher.Launcher[/COLOR]}" drawable="[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]holo_launcher[/COLOR]" />
    Place the name you got from activities.droidicon.com in the red field you see above and in blue field, add the icon name of that app. For example, for Opera Mini, we took name as opera_mini, so the line will be like this

Code:
    <item component="ComponentInfo{[COLOR=Red]com.opera.mini.android/com.opera.mini.android.Browser[/COLOR]}" drawable="[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]opera_mini[/COLOR]" />
    In the same way, resultant will look like this

Code:
    <item component="ComponentInfo{[COLOR=Red]com.opera.mini.android/com.opera.mini.android.Browser[/COLOR]}" drawable="[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]opera_mini[/COLOR]" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{[COLOR=Red]com.android.browser/com.android.browser.BrowserActivity[/COLOR]}" drawable="[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]browser[/COLOR]" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{[COLOR=Red]com.halfbrick.fruitninja/com.halfbrick.fruitninja.FruitNinjaActivity[/COLOR]}" drawable="[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]fruit_ninja[/COLOR]" />
    (Used in Go, Holo, Nova and Apex to apply icons. Also, saves a lot of icons if you want to apply same icon to many apps)

Some example from third xml, and how can we use it:

1. Applying single icons to many apps:

Here, same contacts has been applied to MANY apps that had different activity names in different devices.

Code:
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.DialtactsActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.DialerEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsContactsEntryActivityForDialpad}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.TwelveKeyDialer}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.BbDialtactsMainFrameActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallListEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
     <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallLogActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsPhoneEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
     <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsRecentEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
     <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.PhoneDialtactsActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
     <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.SmartDialerActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htcdialer/com.android.htcdialer.Dialer}" drawable="com_android_contacts_dialtactsactivity" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.DialerTabActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.phone/com.android.phone.DialtactsCallLogActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.phone/com.android.phone.DialtactsContactsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.huawei.android.dialer/com.huawei.android.dialer.TwelveKeyDialer}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.dialer/com.motorola.dialer.CallLogShortcut}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.dialer/com.motorola.dialer.DialtactsContactsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.samsung.android.app.dialertab/com.samsung.android.app.dialertab.DialerTabActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.samsung.dialer/com.samsung.dialer.SplashScreen}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.dialertab/com.sec.android.app.dialertab.DialerTabActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook/com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook.DialerEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
    2. Some miscellaneous examples of this code:

Code:
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirds/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="angry_birds" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="angry_birds" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsspace.ads/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="angry_birds" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsspace.premium/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="angry_birds" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsstarwars.ads.iap/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="angry_birds" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsstarwarshd.premium.iap/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="angry_birds" />
    Here, we have applied same icon to all Angry Birds icons. But, if we want different one for each, we can do that too:

Code:
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirds/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="angrybirds" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="seasons" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsspace.ads/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="space" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsspace.premium/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="spacepre" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsstarwars.ads.iap/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="stars" />
    <item component="ComponentInfo{com.rovio.angrybirdsstarwarshd.premium.iap/com.rovio.fusion.App}" drawable="starshd" />
    Code:
    <item component="ComponentInfo{eu.chainfire.supersu/eu.chainfire.supersu.MainActivity}" drawable="supersu" />
     <item component="ComponentInfo{eu.chainfire.supersu/eu.chainfire.supersu.MainActivity[COLOR=Red]-[/COLOR]Emblem}" drawable="supersu" />

7. Testing your app

Once, this all process is complete, I hope many things would have become clear to you, now what you have to do is, test your app. For that,

Connect your phone to PC. Make sure USB Debugging is turned on (Omit, if you plan to use Emulator)

Click on the little drop down arrow and select Run Configurations...

Make sure, the project is same as your icon pack

an7c.png

Click on Run

Now, your device ADB ID will appear, or Emulator's if you are using it instead. Select it and Click on OK.

Your app will be installed accordingly, Test it thoroughly and on different launchers

8. Creating your app

When you have tested it thouroughly and want to make it an app, Select File>Export>Export Android Application and Select your IconProject.

Click on next and choose Create New Keystore and choose the location where you want it to be created. Enter any password you want.
    Click next, now, enter any name you want in alias, password, set Validity to 25 years(your choice), First and Last Names. Other Fields are Optional.

You might want to remember those key location, alias and passwords for both as you will be signing upcoming updated of your icon pack with the same key so your fans don't have to uninstall older app before installing the new one

Click next, then choose where you want your app to be created and click on Finish

9. Enjoy ;)

Download Sample Icon Pack Source

UPDATE

For those who can manage without a guide, I have created another source which has VPI Indicators in Icon Chooser.
    I will write the guide after some time as I am busy nowadays, more information here

I am human and tend to make mistakes, please point out if you see any.

Feel free to ask any Questions :D

Credits

• DSaif
    • dennisxl
    • vanessaem
    • the1dynasty
    Common appfilters

How to report errors?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I'll soon write up the text too... :highfive:

Common appfilter tags for system apps

Contacts

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsContactsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.app.contacts.PhoneBookTopMenuActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.ContactsFrontDoor}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.ContactTabBrowserActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.ContactsTabActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.BrowseLayerCarouselActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.ContactSearchEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur.contacts/com.motorola.blur.contacts.ViewIdentitiesFacetActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur.contacts/com.motorola.blur.contacts.ViewIdentitiesTabActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.contacts/com.sonyericsson.contacts.ContactTabActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook/com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook.SocialPhonebookActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook/com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook.LaunchActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.ContactsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.PhoneBookTopMenuActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallLogEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.PhoneBookSplitTopMenuActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsRecentCallsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.RecntcallEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.RecentCallsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PhoneFrontDoor}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.tmo.LaunchCommunityActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsListActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactHostActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsRecentCallEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallsEntryActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsMainFromHomeActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.RecentCallLogLaunchActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.TransparentActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.SmartDialerListActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.BaiJiaXingActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.SmartDailerActivity}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsListActivityLauncher}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.ContactsListActivityEx}" drawable="contacts" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.BrowseLayerCarouselActivity}" drawable="contacts"/>

Dialer

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.DialtactsActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.sec.android.app.contacts.DialerEntryActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsContactsEntryActivityForDialpad}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.TwelveKeyDialer}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.BbDialtactsMainFrameActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallListEntryActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsCallLogActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsPhoneEntryActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.DialtactsRecentEntryActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.PhoneDialtactsActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.SmartDialerActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htcdialer/com.android.htcdialer.Dialer}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.htccontacts/com.android.htccontacts.DialerTabActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.phone/com.android.phone.DialtactsCallLogActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.phone/com.android.phone.DialtactsContactsEntryActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.huawei.android.dialer/com.huawei.android.dialer.TwelveKeyDialer}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.dialer/com.motorola.dialer.CallLogShortcut}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.dialer/com.motorola.dialer.DialtactsContactsEntryActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.samsung.android.app.dialertab/com.samsung.android.app.dialertab.DialerTabActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.samsung.dialer/com.samsung.dialer.SplashScreen}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.dialertab/com.sec.android.app.dialertab.DialerTabActivity}" drawable="dialer" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook/com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook.DialerEntryActivity}" drawable="dialer" />

Email

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.google.android.email/com.android.email.activity.Welcome}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.android.mail/com.htc.android.mail.MailListTab}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.android.mail/com.htc.android.mail.MultipleActivitiesMain}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.lge.email/com.lge.email.activity.AccountList}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.lge.email/com.lge.email.activity.ActEmailStarter}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.lge.email/com.lge.email.activity.ActMain}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur.email/com.motorola.blur.email.mailbox.ViewFolderActivity}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur.email/com.motorola.blur.email.mailbox.MailListActivity}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.motoemail/com.android.email.activity.Welcome}" drawable="email" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.email/com.sonyericsson.email.ui.Main}" drawable="email" />

Gallery

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.gallery/com.android.camera.GalleryPicker}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.gallery/com.android.gallery.ui.MainActivity}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.gallery3d/com.android.gallery3d.app.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.sec.gallery3d/com.android.sec.gallery3d.app.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.cooliris.media/com.cooliris.media.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.cooliris.media/com.cooliris.media.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.cooliris.media/com.cooliris.media.GalleryForVideo}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.cooliris.media/com.cooliris.media.VideoStubActivity}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.cooliris.media/com.tapntap.photos.PhotosActivity}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.cooliris.media/com.tapntap.videos.VideosActivity}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.google.android.gallery3d/com.cooliris.media.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.google.android.gallery3d/com.android.gallery3d.app.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.album/com.htc.album.AlbumTabSwitchActivity}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.album/com.htc.album.AlbumMain.ActivityMainDropList}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blurgallery/com.motorola.cgallery.Dashboard}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.gallery/com.motorola.gallery.LaunchActivity}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.gallery/com.motorola.gallery.TopScreen}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.motgallery/com.motorola.cgallery.Dashboard}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.MotGallery2/com.android.gallery3d.app.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.album/com.sonyericsson.album.MainActivity}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.gallery/com.sonyericsson.gallery.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.gallery3d/com.sec.android.gallery3d.app.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.moblynx.galleryics/com.moblynx.galleryics.app.Gallery}" drawable="gallery" />

Messaging

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.ConversationList}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.MainUISelection}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.MultipleActivitiesMain}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.ConversationComposer}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.MainLayerTabSwitchActivity}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.MessageTabActivity}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.MmsTabActivity}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.ModeActivity}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.UiController}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.ViewControllerActivity}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.VissageActivity}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.mms.ics.ext/com.mms.ics.ext.ui.ConversationList}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur.conversations/com.motorola.blur.conversations.ui.ConversationList}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.messaging/com.motorola.messaging.activity.ConversationListActivity}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.mms/com.sec.mms.Mms}" drawable="sms" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.conversations/com.sonyericsson.conversations.ui.ConversationListActivity}" drawable="sms" />

Music

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.music/com.android.music.MusicBrowserActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.hpl.music/com.android.hpl.music.MusicBrowserActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.music/com.android.music.MusicBrowserActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.music/com.android.music.list.activity.MpMainTabActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.music/com.android.music.ArtistAlbumBrowserActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.music/com.htc.music.HtcMusic}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.music/com.htc.music.browserlayer.MusicBrowserTabActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.blur.music/com.motorola.blur.music.DashboardActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.motmusic/com.motorola.motmusic.DashboardActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.pantech.app.music.verizon/com.pantech.app.music.verizon.library.MusicLibraryList}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.music/com.sec.android.app.music.list.activity.MpMainTabActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.music/com.sec.android.app.music.MusicBrowserTabActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.music/com.sec.android.app.music.MusicActionTabActivity}" drawable="music" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.hisense.music/com.hisense.music.MusicBrowserActivity}" drawable="music" />

Memo

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.memo/com.sec.android.app.memo.Memo}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.memo/com.sec.android.app.memo.MemoMainActivity}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.socialnmobile.dictapps.notepad.color.note/com.socialnmobile.colornote.activity.NoteList}" drawable="com_socialnmobile_colornote_activity_main" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{org.openintents.notepad/org.openintents.notepad.noteslist.NotesList}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.notes/com.sonyericsson.notes.Notes}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{mobisle.mobisleNotesADC/mobisle.mobisleNotesADC.TodoMain}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.mobisleapps.notespro/com.mobisleapps.notespro.TodoMain}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.lge.memo/com.lge.memo.MemoMain}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.miui.notes/com.miui.notes.ui.NotesListActivity}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.socialnmobile.dictapps.notepad.color.note/com.socialnmobile.colornote.activity.Main}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.workpail.inkpad.notepad.notes/com.workpail.inkpad.notepad.notes.NotesList}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.flufflydelusions.app.extensive_notes_donate/com.flufflydelusions.app.extensive_notes_donate.Notes}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.flufflydelusions.app.extensive_notes/com.flufflydelusions.app.extensive_notes.Notes}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{org.mightyfrog.android.simplenotepad/org.mightyfrog.android.simplenotepad.SimpleNotepad}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassiclite/com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassiclite.Notepadv3}" drawable="memo" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassic/com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassic.Notepadv3}" drawable="memo" />

Radio

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.fm/com.android.fm.radio.FMRadio}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.fm/com.htc.fm.FMRadio}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.htc.fm/com.htc.fm.ap.activity.FMRadioMain}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.lge.fmradio/com.lge.fmradio.FmRadio}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.miui.fmradio/com.miui.fmradio.FMRadioMain}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.fmradio/com.motorola.fmradio.FMRadioMain}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.motorola.motofmradio/com.motorola.motofmradio.FMPlayer}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.samsung.app.fmradio/com.samsung.app.fmradio.FmRadioPlaybackActivity}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sec.android.app.fm/com.sec.android.app.fm.MainActivity}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.fmradio/com.sonyericsson.fmradio.FMRadioActivity}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.sonyericsson.fmradio/com.sonyericsson.fmradio.ui.FmRadioActivity}" drawable="radio" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.quicinc.fmradio/com.quicinc.fmradio.FMRadio}" drawable="radio" />

Settings

Code:
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.development/com.android.development.Development}" drawable="com_android_settings_settings" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings}" drawable="settings" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.framework.activity.HtcSettings}" drawable="settings" />
        <item component="ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.MiuiSettings}" drawable="settings" />
    I'm working on a gradient icon pack and I'm about 500 icons in right now. I've been using activities.droidicon.com to find the correct app activities for AppFilter.xml, however, that site is down all the time, and when it is up, it's difficult to find the correct activities. (It doesn't have new apps listed like the stock apps on the S5, for example). Is there a faster way to do the Appfilter? Is anyone willing to share their appfilter.xml?

This is a great guide, btw. Super helpful!

There's no fast way to do the appfilter as far as I know. In fact, other than doing the actual icons, it's the slowest part of the process. Here are three sites that may help you a bit: http://czarnomorski.pl/search.php (DCikonZ's site where you can find activity names), this site http://activities.tundem.com/ also has activities and https://github.com/a-random-package/AppFilter/blob/master/appfilter.xml (an appfilter by a-random-package). It may not have all of your apps but it has the most popular ones and it will help you get started.
    Update

For those who can manage without a guide, I have created another source which has VPI Indicators in Icon Chooser.
    I will write the guide after some time as I am busy nowadays.​

Screenshots

SC20140128_172722.png

SC20140128_172726.png

There are 4 pages, namely, Misc., System, Games, Apps. You can add icons in each section by modifying the icon_picker.xml(Note: It is NOT a replacement for iconpack.xml) in values folder.

It requires ViewPagerIndicator Library

Source

Cheers :)

You guys rock,I admire you people.Especially @iamareebjamal and @vanessaem,I would thank you for the help but i dont think my thanks are enough,dunno what else to do to repay u guys.Thanks again :)

Via My Device

Use the Thanks button. If they're like me (and I know @vanessaem is even if she won't admit it), Thanks are like a badge of honor reminding us of the people we helped.

P.S. - Don't assume gender!

This is XDA. Sadly, women are few and far between in this neck of the woods. It would be cool to get more women into the geekhood though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk