[Radio][GSM] UPGRADING RADIO

Search This thread

Azure1203

Oct 23, 2011
for people using this with gsm banding 850/1900... whats the best radio that you have noticed for reception and battery???

Wondering about this too. What is the best radio for people with a Rogers Droid Razr?

We need something that will use 850/1900 HSPA bands.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

has anyone with Rogers branded Razr successfully flashed any of these radios? ... i get the triangle error every time i do it :S... :(

I have a Rogers Droid Razr, but I run The Artic.

Not sure which radio to use though, or if any of them actually do 850/1900.

amletinka

Dec 12, 2010
Moscow
hey guys! is it possible to get BP 03.1C.91P, i was on it, and just wanted to try 85p, then when i wanted to get back, i was surprised that it's impossible, or possible only by reflashing the entire firmware..... :/ is it true?

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
does it work here in Canada? i dont want to screw up my data or text or anything. we need GSM 850/1900 HSPA.

and how exactly do you "extract radio.img" from Vivo OTA?

and how do you backup your current radio.img?

thanks!

Yes, it works in Canada. Few fellows reported data problems with retail.br. This is why I sugested radio upgrade.

To save you current radio.img you can do a backup with safestrap.

To extract radio.img just unzip vivo OTA rom. You'll find radio.img file.

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattyOnXperiaX10

R3dbeaver

Feb 17, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes, it works in Canada. Few fellows reported data problems with retail.br. This is why I sugested radio upgrade.

To save you current radio.img you can do a backup with safestrap.

To extract radio.img just unzip vivo OTA rom. You'll find radio.img file.

Thanks

2 more questions :) (thx Pedro!)

1. with safestrap, i just turn on safe mode ON, right? then reboot into fastboot mode? if something screws up, i'll just go turn safe mode OFF again? just to confirm.

2. is VIVO's radio.img better than 85P posted by OP in page 1? for XT910 with retail.br ROM.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
2 more questions :) (thx Pedro!)

1. with safestrap, i just turn on safe mode ON, right? then reboot into fastboot mode? if something screws up, i'll just go turn safe mode OFF again? just to confirm.

2. is VIVO's radio.img better than 85P posted by OP in page 1? for XT910 with retail.br ROM.

Hi,

You're wellcome

1. Exactly. You can also remove safestrap after grabb radio.img

2. I don't think it's better, since 85P is newer. But I'm not sure if it works. Never tried. (remember 85P radio was grabbed from en.EU roms. Canadian razr are Latam)

I saw a zeidof suggestion (in this thread) to test 85P on canadian razr. You can try it, if does't work you can set vivo radio after that. :)

I had used both,, vivo and retail.br roms. Think retail have a stronger wi-fi, but it gives me no data. If retail.br run flawless to you, keep it. Both have nice gsm signal anyway.

Last edited:

R3dbeaver

Feb 17, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi,

You're wellcome

1. Exactly. You can also remove safestrap after grabb radio.img

2. I don't think it's better, since 85P is newer. But I'm not sure if it works. Never tried. (remember 85P radio was grabbed from en.EU roms. Canadian razr are Latam)

I saw a zeidof suggestion (in this thread) to test 85P on canadian razr. You can try it, if does't work you can set vivo radio after that. :)

I had used both,, vivo and retail.br roms. Think retail have a stronger wi-fi, but it gives me no data. If retail.br run flawless to you, keep it. Both have nice gsm signal anyway.

wifi kept jamming for me with retail.br, and data is very weak compared to coworkers and their android phones sitting next to me...

wifi just crashed every other hour, and i had to restart it to start the connection. i dont think its the router coz work's wifi doing the same thing...

so it works, but im up for trying anything better.

i might try 85P first then try the VIVO.

thx again!

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I just tried The Arctic 3.0.5 and had some interesting findings:
System Version: 651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EU
Model Number: XT910
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: U_1C.76.06P
Kernal Version: 2.6.35.7-g6273730
Build Number: The Arctic 3.0.0 GSM
Build Date: Tue Jan 17 15:18:44 CST 2012

Four things jump out at me in this list:
1. The system version is an EU version
2. The android version is 2.3.6
3. The baseband is the exact same as the most recent BR version (that I can find), so this rom does not update any radios
4. Build number is 3.0.0, but I am definitely on 3.0.5

Not sure which of these matter, but I thought it might be helpful. Although there is a post somewhere on here about updating to the arctic 3.0.5 before updating to cm9 or aokp, I can confirm that upgrading to The Arctic does nothing no good when attempting this, and whether you go from stock directly to an ics rom or install arctic first, your basebands will not be changed, so the bluetooth problem persists. Anybody know if it is possible to get an actual version of 2.3.6 with updated basebands running on our canadian/brazilian razrs?

mcfisch

I just tried The Arctic 3.0.5 and had some interesting findings:
System Version: 651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EU
Model Number: XT910
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: U_1C.76.06P
Kernal Version: 2.6.35.7-g6273730
Build Number: The Arctic 3.0.0 GSM
Build Date: Tue Jan 17 15:18:44 CST 2012

Four things jump out at me in this list:
1. The system version is an EU version
2. The android version is 2.3.6
3. The baseband is the exact same as the most recent BR version (that I can find), so this rom does not update any radios
4. Build number is 3.0.0, but I am definitely on 3.0.5

Not sure which of these matter, but I thought it might be helpful. Although there is a post somewhere on here about updating to the arctic 3.0.5 before updating to cm9 or aokp, I can confirm that upgrading to The Arctic does nothing no good when attempting this, and whether you go from stock directly to an ics rom or install arctic first, your basebands will not be changed, so the bluetooth problem persists. Anybody know if it is possible to get an actual version of 2.3.6 with updated basebands running on our canadian/brazilian razrs?

As already discussed so many times: when an official update with 2.3.6 comes out for CAN/BR/LATAM, it will be possible to change to newer ROMS w/o the well known issues like the crashing BT. If there is one - try it. If not - wait for one.

Sorry, but that's still the current status.

Regarding to your system information. Most of them are based the ROM (and changeable), others are based on your kernel and baseband (not changeable).

Reactions: xxBrun0xx

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
@zeidof - How did you create these packages? I'm wondering because apparently some people on stock Fido/Rogers roms have received an OTA that fixes the buggy Latam radio and I was wondering if we could get the radio from those who have it working? That would be a huge help for we latam/canadian razr owners. Thanks! :)

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
@zeidof - How did you create these packages? I'm wondering because apparently some people on stock Fido/Rogers roms have received an OTA that fixes the buggy Latam radio and I was wondering if we could get the radio from those who have it working? That would be a huge help for we latam/canadian razr owners. Thanks! :)

We tried that. Our razr simole don't accept any released radio driver from 2.3.6 that came out to gsm razr. And we can't get the newer radio from ota fido/rogers, even from devices.

We can't have it by now. Let's try to find the firmware? :p

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Can anyone upload Radio for GSM Razr, Baseband version U_03.1C.91P? THX

Edit: Ok, already got it in another thread. Sorry for spam!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in this thread, i will upload flashable Radio.img for GSM Razr

do you have fastboot package?
    you have to make a folder in local disc C (c:// fastboot) & extract the fastboot package into this folder

fastboot package for Windows
    fastbootpackage for Linux 64bit
    fastbootpackage for Linux 32bit
    :):(:):(:):(:):(:)

iNSTRUCTION:

1- download the Radio.img u want to install & put it in Fastboot folder

2- run a command & go to fastboot folder
    (cd/
    cd fastboot)

3- put your phone on AP Fastboot mod [turn of the phone => hold vol+ &vol- & power at the same time => choose AP fastboot (vol- to scroll & vol+ to select)]

4- connect the phone to pc via USB

5- Use the related code for each radio

6- thank me ;)

DOWNLOADS:

A. Radio U_03.1C83P from 6.5.1-73_23-SPU-11_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA
    Code:
    cd/
    cd fastboot
    fastboot flash radio Radio.img
    fastboot reboot

B. Radio U_03.1C.85P from 6.5.1-73_30-SPU-11_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA
    Code:
    cd/
    cd fastboot
    fastboot flash radio Radio.img
    fastboot reboot

C.RadioU_03.1C.23P from Version: 65.88.13 China retail

Code:
    cd/
    cd fastboot
    fastboot flash radio RadioU_03.1C.23P.img
    fastboot reboot
    op is updated
    Your radios can be inserted into the EternityProject ROMs Thread as they, yup, they're unofficial packages, but flashing official radios.
    We should only be sure that those packages are working.
    Does this work with The Arctic?

It does on my german device.
    [Q] # fastboot flash radio new_radio.img ? YES YOU CAN! :)

Is it possible to use Android SDK's tool; fastboot ?
    Of course the RAZR is in AP Fastboot mode. :) . I am only using GNU/Linux and usually I use the fastboot tool to flash my N1's radio.

Example
    Code:
    # fastboot flash radio new_radio.img

Updates:
    YES! I able to flash the radio with the fastboot method. :)
    Anyway, do it at your own risk!.

Thank you.