[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
One more SOD, or semi-SOD...I transferred file from sd to emmc, ~420 mb, left it with screen-off, and when tried to wake-up the phone, it was not responsive - not home, nor power button. I connected it to PC, phone woke up, and finished the file transfer in a minute. wi-fi was off in this case, mobile data on.
View attachment 1103009
Hope it will contribute something to SOD database investigation...
Was that with the absolute latest nightly with the new MMC driver?

I saw it too ,but isn't this option new? I haven't seen it before on previous nightlies

anyway I'm more than happy to use my 32GB SDcard for apps data :)
the internal storage is getting a bit crowded

hmmmm that's weird ,I just transferred my entire android folder ( 2.2GB) from emmc to sdcard and no SOD for me
I'm on 28\5 nightly with the test kernel .
Brand new with the latest nightly as of today - it got merged in yesterday afternoon.

I'm starting to beleive more and more, that all this SOD issue is hardware-related.
Either that or some app that makes the phone unhappy. I know Widget Locker caused lots of I777 users problems, and often wacky "power management" apps cause more problems than they solve. The only SoDs I ever had were due to RCU stalls and once with the old wifi driver after a "driver failed to load" incident - but I haven't had an SoD in over a week at this point. Not even RCU stall bull**** anymore.

Yes they show different information some times, from my experience though the cm9 change log shows more accurate changes than the BBQ log
CM9 log could often be massively inaccurate - if a commit had comments on it after being merged, it would show as being "new" in a later nightly.

ahalford

Sep 24, 2011
עץ החיים
Was that with the absolute latest nightly with the new MMC driver?

...Either that or some app that makes the phone unhappy... l

Yes, with that last MMC driver, exactly.

As about apps...don't know. I had crazy idea, that users, who wiped under unsecure LPY kernel, got those issues...theoretically could be, although I don't really beleive in this.

Talking about issues...
Right now: Unlock the phone - lockscreen not responsive. Turn button off/on - still not responsive. Connected to power - helped. Tried to switch wi-fi off in notification area - not responded, took about 5 seconds to unfreeze.
Kmsg, or you got enough? :)

Last edited:

rlaw

Jul 13, 2011
Wow I really need to pay more attention if that's true, I've been to that settings page at least four times but never saw the option till yesterday!!

I have a 32gb class 4 sdcard, do you think it could adversely effect performance if I use it as my app and media storage?
write speed: 4.9 MB/s
Read speed: 22 MB/s using SD tools

Sadly I haven't found something to measure the speed of the emmc yet.

Same here, one SOD on experimental #3 and that's it.

Samsung's eMMC read/write speeds are very, very fast. Faster than microSD class 10.

Your class 4 microSD should be fine but you may or may not encounter issues when recording 1080p video.

Reactions: MR.change

beckend

Aug 7, 2011
All these so called sods while transferring files from or to sdcard or emmc are semi fake sods, when you spam your device with massive I/O to your poor emmc for example, which compared to laptops and desktop pc harddrives are over 9000 times slower, you will take the risk of major OS failure since its so godamnslow and alot of processes might or might not wait for the card to write N read to them, sometimes they fail to recover from the wait for the cards.

Internal sdcard is much faster i never gotten a semi fake I/O sod with it, emmc however plenty times. Transferring files to or from emmc, set screen timeout to max delay, touch the device keep it awake to avoid this kind of fake sod. So if ur transferring a 2 gig file, and ur screen went to sleep...wait like max 30 mins cuz by then your file transfer might completed while the screen was off - and with high likely ness that the device is unwakeable since ur spamming the **** out of ur card with I/O that doesn't leave room for the system processes to access the card to be able to wake the device.

Reactions: ahalford

leppo

Jan 31, 2012
Toronto
Is the encryption feature of ICS working on this ROM? Someone tried it yet and can report back?

Hasn't worked for me, and I've run many versions up to 0531. The option is there and it appears to go through the motions when you try it, but it does nothing. That's one of the things that has me tempted by stock ICS (which, by the way, gives the option of encrypting built-in and external SD separately)

Last edited:
Reactions: Leiborator

MR.change

Nov 9, 2011
Baghdad
Brand new with the latest nightly as of today - it got merged in yesterday afternoon.
I knew it, someone said it was there all along but I know I haven't seen it before, also just for reference, I'm still running on 28/5 nightly, your test kernel's package added that option for me.

Samsung's eMMC read/write speeds are very, very fast. Faster than microSD class 10.

Your class 4 microSD should be fine but you may or may not encounter issues when recording 1080p video.

Hmmm that's good to know, I don't do any 1080p videos, mostly just 720p ones.

Edit: just tried 1080p videos, they record and play very smoothly on my class4 micro SD.

Last edited:

se1988

Nov 24, 2008
All Your Base
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I am experiencing random disconnecting on the OTG. Power is still there, but i get the "memory card removed unexpectedly" message and all data transfer is aborted. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

S@mbaman

Mar 13, 2010
Landgraaf NL
Strange problem occurs now.
Im on the latest nightly.Suddenly the device turns off complete.
Never had that before on all of the nightlys.

So I gave it at complete wipe.
Now I cant install another keyboard,when I try to activate it settings close
Go keyboard and Swiftkey both forceclose..

josh_james15

Jan 22, 2010
Eastbourne
Charging

Just updated my i9100 to 02062012 Nightly
Lock screen freeze has gone, woohoo!

I ran my battery down to 0, then when I charged (with the phone switched OFF), it froze on the battery icon with the circle loading icon.

Turned phone on by holding power and home and it had charged.

Not a major issue but thought you might like to know!

Great work guys!

ahalford

Sep 24, 2011
עץ החיים
yes. And is seems the WLAN-lag-wakeup-bug is gone!
USB-Mass-storage is working also.

No lag at lockscreen, yes. WLAN wakeup - still there.

Code:
Kernel

04.06.2012 0:45:02

Usage Details

WI-Fi on: 2h 19m - 2.8%
Screen on: 10m - 7%
Awake: 1h 3m - 0.4%
Radio: 2h 26m 2.5%
Apps: 87%
Kernel CPU Usage (Android OS): 1h 33m 14s - 83%

Included Processes

dhd_cfg80211_ev
vold
migration/1
file-storage
ecryptfs-kthrea
kworker/u:4
kworker/u:3
kworker/u:6
kworker/u:5
kworker/u:8
kworker/u:7
kthreadd
kworker/u:9
kworker/u:0
kworker/0:0
kworker/0:1
kworker/0:2
kworker/u:2
irq/359-max8997
kworker/u:1
kworker/0:3
bdi-default
debuggerd
kworker/u:22
kworker/u:21
kworker/u:20
kworker/u:26
dhd_sysioc
kworker/u:25
kworker/u:24
kworker/u:23
kworker/u:29
ueventd
kworker/u:27
kworker/u:28
dhd_watchdog
mmcqd/0boot0
mmcqd/0boot1
jbd2/mmcblk0p10
kswapd0
installd
/init
ksoftirqd/0
ksoftirqd/1
flush-179:24
mmcqd/1
mmcqd/0
netd
watchdog/0
watchdog/1
zygote
irq/356-mxt540e
kworker/1:1
flush-179:0
kworker/1:0
hci0
kworker/u:19
kworker/u:18
kworker/u:17
kworker/u:16
kworker/u:10
khubd
kworker/u:11
workqueue_trust
fsck_msdos
kworker/u:14
kworker/u:15
kworker/u:12
kworker/u:13
fsnotify_mark
dhd_dpc
sync_supers

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I am experiencing random disconnecting on the OTG. Power is still there, but i get the "memory card removed unexpectedly" message and all data transfer is aborted. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Just tried the OTG, I copied nearly a GIG of photos, back and forth, and then left it in there for around 15 minutes with no disconnections.

Unlike the Official Rom, the OTG gets mounted and called SD card instead of USB storage Folder which is better in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Strange problem occurs now.
Im on the latest nightly.Suddenly the device turns off complete.
Never had that before on all of the nightlys.

So I gave it at complete wipe.
Now I cant install another keyboard,when I try to activate it settings close
Go keyboard and Swiftkey both forceclose..

I have GO Keyboard Pro paid, swift key and and slideit, just tried them, they work with no issues.

I am back on CM9, installed LPF when I was on nightlies 7, I missed CM9 so I am back :), I never had a SOD yet, I used build 7 for two weeks. For people contemplating coming back to CM9, it was very easy, I used Mobile Odin Pro, I flashed Abyse Touch Red pill 4.2 kernel, then from Abyse cwm I restored my Nandroid backup from Version 7, I updated to vesion 01-06-2012, all went well, deep sleep was 57%, through out the night, now with this latest Nightly so far after an hour on it with wifi always on deep sleep is on 94%, so that is even better than LPF which was on 87%. Thank you for all the hard work in making this awesome ROM.

Anyone know how do I unmount OTG USB drive properly?

you need stick mount:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.stickmount&hl=en

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts