Singapore Galaxy Note 2/Note 2 LTE Owner Thread

Search This thread

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Registered interest with Singtel this morning but contract only 25 October. Sad! :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

joshua

Apr 12, 2004
Pulau Ubin
You all better than me liao.. my MIO main line nxt year Mar lor so hv to buy without line...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

zard

Jul 19, 2005
25th oct can do early upgrade... call in to request..as long within same mth high chance can

25 Oct is with early re-contract of one month. :(

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

There is still no root for N7105 yet :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

True, so many of our apps won't run, sadly. Google Maps with navigation, TB,....

Last edited:

joshua

Apr 12, 2004
Pulau Ubin
25 Oct is with early re-contract of one month. :(

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

True, so many of our apps won't run, sadly. Google Maps with navigation, TB,....

I dun reali like using google maps coz it uses data...

Currently i m using sygic... juz tried in langkawi n penang... works perfectly n fast in locating...

Most imptly it uses gps n not data coz i do not have data roaming...

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Thread Re-opened

As i have previously said, there is a plan in action to put all of the regional threads into one place, but as its not ready yet, i reopen this thread. Please try to keep this thread to regional issues, if not, please post in the appropriate thread. We just want to keep the information to the relevant place.​

joshua

Apr 12, 2004
Pulau Ubin
We are back into business!!!

@sean did u update to LJ7? If yes do u encounter names nit displayed in sms n phone calls aa i had this issue...

Our Note 2 LTE needs a seperate forum for discussion

joshua

Apr 12, 2004
Pulau Ubin
Haven't update, just updated to LJ5 earlier this week.

LJ7 source from sammobile?

sent via JB 4.1.1 LTE

Lol... pai say i see wrongly.. is LJ5... so u gt no issue with LJ5 ah... my contacts i usually add +65 infront.. after the update some of it dosent display names in sms n calls...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Sean_FD2R

Mar 18, 2009
Singapore
Lol... pai say i see wrongly.. is LJ5... so u gt no issue with LJ5 ah... my contacts i usually add +65 infront.. after the update some of it dosent display names in sms n calls...

Boh tai ji... No issue found on the contact names. Mine too ,+65....

My contacts sync to Google account, sim card only handful.

sent via JB 4.1.1 LTE

Last edited:

joshua

Apr 12, 2004
Pulau Ubin
Boh tai ji... No issue found on the contact names. Mine too ,+65....

My contacts sync to Google account, sim card only handful.

sent via JB 4.1.1 LTE

Wah crap man.. i need to manually edit 200+ of contacts... moreover some edited liao no names displayed.. need to edit back +65 then appear... headache sia...

Mine also sync to google..sim card NIL... need to find 1 day to restore factory settings liao...

joshua

Apr 12, 2004
Pulau Ubin
Good to hear that all had no issues with LJ5 so which means its my data that r causing it...

ddeath

Oct 13, 2007
There are comments that the latest LJ5 firmware has disabled the DC-HSPA+ 42 Mbps because those idiots were the responding to the G icon issues. Actually when G is showing, it is on DC:17 (you can see it in settings, about device, status). However this is not seen again after the upgrade. If this is true, they better sack the lousy software engineer!

Sean_FD2R

Mar 18, 2009
Singapore
Good to hear that all had no issues with LJ5 so which means its my data that r causing it...

Read from HWZ...

Solved it finally by deleting all my contacts and then importing the contacts file from Kies to my note 2. Now all contacts automatically link to their respective numbers in my messages!

sent via FD2R HoneyComb10.1

Reactions: joshua

joshua

Apr 12, 2004
Pulau Ubin
Read from HWZ...

Solved it finally by deleting all my contacts and then importing the contacts file from Kies to my note 2. Now all contacts automatically link to their respective numbers in my messages!

Not for me coz my Note 2 LTE is unable to connect to kies via pc... everytime connects it,my laptop froze on me...lol...多灾多难

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Re-opened

As i have previously said, there is a plan in action to put all of the regional threads into one place, but as its not ready yet, i reopen this thread. Please try to keep this thread to regional issues, if not, please post in the appropriate thread. We just want to keep the information to the relevant place.​
    It did tripped my knox but i dont care much as my warranty has already expired :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Hey bro, any guide on how to root 4.3 (GT-N7105)? Is it the same as CF root?

Yes same as CF Root. Just download the zip file then unzip it. Flash .tar from ODIN then thats it! mind you, it will trip your Knox and void your warranty. And if the first time SUPERSU crashes just update it through playstore :)
    Samsung Official 4.3 Singapore got released. N7105XXUEML3and N7105OLBEML1
    Anyone updated to 4.3 already? Early reviews?

I just updated mine and then rooted back again.So far so good :) just looking for custom recovery that would be compatible with 4.3, and figuring out where to find gear manager as im planning to get a galaxy gear :D

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
    Something to share, some of you might already know this. (Safe mode @ bottom left)

How to Reboot Your Android Phone or Tablet Into Safe Mode

If you're having issues with your Android device and need to troubleshoot which of your two hundred apps might be causing an issue use this trick to boot into safe mode—on Android this means that the OS will load without any third-party apps.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 simply reboot your phone and hold down both the volume up and volume down buttons while the phone is booting. The words safe mode should appear on the bottom of your screen.

If your phone doesn't have the same issue (crashing, freezing, battery life problems, etc.) then you can be reasonably sure it was caused by a third-party app. Try uninstalling your most recently added apps first and you should eventually find the culprit. If you're still having the same issue in safe mode you may want to restore your phone to factory settings.

sent via JB 4.1.1 LTE

Read from HWZ...