[Rom] [Unofficial] Carbon Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0 [30.07.14]

Search This thread
I'll have to talk to the guy who built it

So, you brag that you have a working build of CarbonROM for kltespr several days ago. People asked if you would share it, to which you replied that you'd have to talk to whoever built it (i'm not sure why even? it's not like we're going to do anything other than run it... which is what these are designed for, right?) and then nothing for 4+ days. So I have to ask if you were actually being serious? Or just trying to get a rise out of people? Because I for one have been sorely missing CarbonROM on my device and it sure would be nice to check out their LP builds since they obviously have no intentions of officially supporting us anytime soon... So please advise. Thanks! :)

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347827493 ....how about you just tell me...oh and you are welcome.....

Flash at your own risk...this is for kltespr...don't flash otherwise...you also need gapps...

Once upon a time my favorite ROM, you have it for (KLTE) G900F?

Carbon2.jpg :D

Last edited:
I can fix it.. and its me who built the carbonROM..
That is awesome man! Other than the bluetooth issues, the ROM has been running great! It's really nice to finally have CarbonROM running on my phone again. Your work is very much appreciated!

I see that you have already uploaded a new build. Just curious if it contains all the latest commits, etc.?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TechVeerA

Jul 1, 2015
Hyderabad
That is awesome man! Other than the bluetooth issues, the ROM has been running great! It's really nice to finally have CarbonROM running on my phone again. Your work is very much appreciated!

I see that you have already uploaded a new build. Just curious if it contains all the latest commits, etc.?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yes all the latest commits.. its being updated to r24, added floating windows.. etc..:)
Bluetooth has a fix too.. check in latest build.. if still it doesnt work.. il tell you what to do..:)

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

indeed what device do u own??? kltespr??

tman23

Jun 1, 2010
Frankfort
OnePlus 8T
Yes all the latest commits.. its being updated to r24, added floating windows.. etc..:)
Bluetooth has a fix too.. check in latest build.. if still it doesnt work.. il tell you what to do..:)

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

indeed what device do u own??? kltespr??

Thank you again sir this time for the update!! You are quick!

Edit: got everything up and running with my normal setup....and it's hands down my favorite ROM.....

Last edited:

TechVeerA

Jul 1, 2015
Hyderabad
I'm currently on the new build and it couldn't be going better honestly!! This ROM is my definition of perfection!! It has the right amount features yet is extremely stable and the battery life is BOSS! Everyone on KLTESPR I highly recommend this ROM to you!!!

i have a thread in S5 sprint dev ..:) check out once there!

WacoHueco

May 5, 2016
Recent install Trouble shoot

I installed this ROM last night, and I've run into 4 problems so far:
Microphone not working
Camera cannot be accessed
WiFi cavity turn on
Touch keys not working

This is my first root and custom ROM, so I may be missing something glaringly obvious. I'm running philz touch recovery, tk gapps 5.1.1, and carbon. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

TioCareca

Sep 8, 2010
Barreiro
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
I installed this ROM last night, and I've run into 4 problems so far:
Microphone not working
Camera cannot be accessed
WiFi cavity turn on
Touch keys not working

This is my first root and custom ROM, so I may be missing something glaringly obvious. I'm running philz touch recovery, tk gapps 5.1.1, and carbon. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Wrong gapps... If the rom is 4.4 you cant use gapps for 5.1...

Sent from my 3310 with pride...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use the code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

Credits: All credits go to garwynn, elelinux & tdm for bringing up the tree. Cheers guys.

Features

All of our features can be found on the site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots from Galaxy S4:

209fw3d.jpg
    iy1q1l.jpg

2ivic7l.jpg
    14e8gig.jpg

sce7fd.jpg
    acebdl.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

Carbon Rom Download - klte

Gapps

Ultra Slim Gapps

Bugs

1. No camera modules yet. Its a WIP.
    2. No Haptic Feedback.
    3. No mtp yet. Use AirDroid or MyPhoneExplorer to connect ur phone through WiFi and access your files.

THIS IS A WIP.

Show your support to me by clicking here :p

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon and my other roms better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon and my other roms, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon and my other roms!

Source:
    1. Rom Source : https://github.com/CarbonDev
    2. Kernel Source : https://github.com/garwynn/android_kernel_samsung_klte

XDA:DevDB Information
    Carbon Rom 4.4.4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    a2441918
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Rooted and CWM recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-29

Created 2014-05-16
    Last Updated 2014-07-30
    I vote to close this thread.

I vote for you to learn what the word "unofficial" means.

OP owes you nothing.
    Reserved

Device Changelogs:

WORKING: Video playback, BROKEN: Recents hardware button, GPS, Camera

Kernel Changelogs:
    getting the S5 tomorrow i want to help development. where is the DEVs device tree. i only see kernel source