Apps to SD card without root?

Search This thread

izzet3838

Jan 29, 2013
genk
Is it possible?
Really struggling with space on my Z1 right now. :(

And even if sony would add the feature like samsung and some others did
For example on the sgs4 you can put apps on sd but it will only add the .apk to your sd (i gues you have some heavy games that use your space)
The .obb files still will be on internal sd
So i guess the only way is using foldermoun(or something like that) but that will need root
But keep in mind if you root your phone and don't unlock the bl and you have some problems with the phone and flash stock rom trough xperiatool you will have guarantee

sent from my 6903 using tapatalk

Reactions: ssj_jaypee

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
No, this has been mentioned a few times. You need to have root to be able to install apps on SD. Once you root you can use Folder Mount or GL to SD

i rooted my device on iHackers and used link2sd to transfer my apps to sdcard but it said that you will not be able to do this because your deviuce cant support this function!!!

shem2409

Feb 5, 2013
Hull
www.youtube.com
Reactions: NiM72NiK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible?

No, this has been mentioned a few times. You need to have root to be able to install apps on SD. Once you root you can use Folder Mount or GL to SD
    Is it possible?

And even if sony would add the feature like samsung and some others did
    For example on the sgs4 you can put apps on sd but it will only add the .apk to your sd (i gues you have some heavy games that use your space)
    The .obb files still will be on internal sd
    So i guess the only way is using foldermoun(or something like that) but that will need root
    But keep in mind if you root your phone and don't unlock the bl and you have some problems with the phone and flash stock rom trough xperiatool you will have guarantee

sent from my 6903 using tapatalk
    i rooted my device on iHackers and used link2sd to transfer my apps to sdcard but it said that you will not be able to do this because your deviuce cant support this function!!!

I have never actually used the function myself, but there is a thread dedicated to the topic:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466329

From what I found you might have to use this fix for it to work.