[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301 (FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

Search This thread

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
I haven't been able to update Profile nor PRL at all since updating yesterday due to "connection error". How critical are both of those?
Sometimes the problem is on Sprint's end. Occasionally the infrastructure that handles profile and PRL updates is not working but they usually fix it relatively quick, so if it is a short-term problem, then that might be it. If it is long-term, then it is probably something else.

The main piece you care about in your Profile is your 3g login. If you are getting 3g, then you don't need to worry about it. The recent PRLs have often reduced the amount of 3g roaming you have, so not updating that might be a bonus. Though with NV there might be some improvements (then again, there might not, because Sprint feels less need to roam with their improved infrastructure)

Now if you should for some reason perform a ##786# or ##72786# reset, then you would need update profile to work (and also hands free activation) because doing a manual provision can be a pain for the 3g portion.

Last edited:

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
If folks have random force closes, using NoData to upgrade from GB, there is one thing you can try before doing a Full restore or Factory reset.

su
cd /data/dalvik-cache
rm *
reboot

This may or may not help your situation but takes a few seconds to try and can potentially save you from reinstalling all your apps.

Keep in mind a NoData upgrade is doing essentially the same thing an OTA update would be doing, so if the NoData upgrade didn't work for you and you started with stock EL29, likely neither would have the OTA.

Having said that, I upgrade all the time from EL29 to ICS using NoData and it works fine but I usually have zero apps installed (all stock) when I'm doing it because I'm just testing upgrade scenarios. I don't test upgrades from any other GB version.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmeader

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Thanks for the explanation. So basically in my case of being rooted with EL29 with CWM running Blazers 4.1 ROM. If I get Calks and use CWM I should be okay?
As previously mentioned if you go between different ROM authors, you should do format_all. Within the same ROM author usually you can skip but if it is a big upgrade, best to format_all.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Sometimes the problem is on Sprint's end. Occasionally the infrastructure that handles profile and PRL updates is not working but they usually fix it relatively quick, so if it is a short-term problem, then that might be it. If it is long-term, then it is probably something else.

The main piece you care about in your Profile is your 3g login. If you are getting 3g, then you don't need to worry about it. The recent PRLs have often reduced the amount of 3g roaming you have, so not updating that might be a bonus. Though with NV there might be some improvements (then again, there might not, because Sprint feels less need to roam with their improved infrastructure)

Now if you should for some reason perform a ##786# or ##72786# reset, then you would need update profile to work (and also hands free activation) because doing a manual provision can be a pain for the 3g portion.

I can say from experience that sfhub is right. I had a stretch of 3+ months where I couldn't update Profile and PRL on my OG Epic and Sprint confirmed that it was on their end

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
I can say from experience that sfhub is right. I had a stretch of 3+ months where I couldn't update Profile and PRL on my OG Epic and Sprint confirmed that it was on their end

Wow thats extreme. Yeah I personally haven't had any experience with it. You early android guys especially have more experience in this area than us old feature phone users. Not very often I needed to do a prl update or activate a phone manually myself. Android community especially those that get their hands dirty are a little more prone to experience in these matters.

knuckhead

Jan 11, 2012
One more dumb question (and not ashamed to say it)...

If I have the EL29 rooted setup (from sfhub previously) can I follow the procedure listed here and get the FD24 rooted setup? I'd like to have the FD24 stuff but I don't want to do something stupid and fubar the phone.

edit: Yes, this works as I hoped it would. I installed this over the top of the rooted EL29 with success! :)

Last edited:

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Wow thats extreme. Yeah I personally haven't had any experience with it. You early android guys especially have more experience in this area than us old feature phone users. Not very often I needed to do a prl update or activate a phone manually myself. Android community especially those that get their hands dirty are a little more prone to experience in these matters.
I used to call in and have them flag my feature phone for updated PRL back in the old days when it they actually improved the PRL from a roaming perspective. Then my phone would get triggered to do a PRL update. Then it would fail with some error code. I had to go to a city 40 miles away before it would work.

Also keep in mind neither Update Profile nor PRL will work while on other carriers' towers.

bjonesy77

Jun 16, 2008
Is anyone else experiencing very slow 4g speeds with this rom/kernal/modem?

I'm getting 455.2kB/s down and 177.9kB/s up with a 277ms ping.

With my stock EL29 rom/kernal/modem I get 1576.7kB/s down and 179.5 kB/s up with a 153ms ping.

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
Is anyone else experiencing very slow 4g speeds with this rom/kernal/modem?

I'm getting 455.2kB/s down and 177.9kB/s up with a 277ms ping.

With my stock EL29 rom/kernal/modem I get 1576.7kB/s down and 179.5 kB/s up with a 153ms ping.

Same here slow speeds on the latest ics I just flash back to el29 and I get close to 2mps down and 97 up

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
So is there a new version I got mine when it was post at 7 am now the time said in the afther noon?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

adomanico01

Sep 26, 2009
Issues with Phone/Contacts

I've been having this problem for a few builds now. I think the contacts apk is borked. Whenever I launch Contacts, it kills both the contacts and phone apks. Just comes up with a black screen with blue bar at the top. Force stopping phone and contacts gets the phone working again, but contacts almost never works.

Thoughts?

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
I've been having this problem for a few builds now. I think the contacts apk is borked. Whenever I launch Contacts, it kills both the contacts and phone apks. Just comes up with a black screen with blue bar at the top. Force stopping phone and contacts gets the phone working again, but contacts almost never works.

Thoughts?
It probably has to do with your contact data, especially if you restored it, or it has to do with Google+ messing with Contacts.

After full flash, I would try NOT restoring your contacts and just hand creating a few, see how it behaves.

Do the same after removing Google+

tramane

Jun 11, 2005
Austin, TX
Yuup
Contacts bug is there
Also FB just RAPES the battery, its ridiculous
I literally went from 100 to 60% in 1.5hrs
And i opened facebook for like 5min

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
The complaints about the scrolling and camera are really strange to me. I find this build to be nice and smooth and definitely best yet ics. I made this attached plain black wallpaper a while back in photoshop to the exact screen size and it seems to help a bit with battery life and smooth scrolling.

Only once did the rom bug out on me when installing a widget so I rebooted and no issues again. You have to reboot a few times in the first day anyway with any new rom. For those complaining about tapatalk or xda apps they have always been a bit squirrely for me and facebook has been a battery killer for years.

My only complaint is that 3g speeds might be slower, hard to tell with crappy Sprint service. No signal loss yet so thats good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335491450557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335491450557.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 179

miniwhip

Jul 12, 2007
Upstate NY
Came from FD19 to this ROM. Did the No Data option from FD19. I'm having issues playing .wmv files that worked fine on 19. Saying can't play video. Is anyone else having the same issue?

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
The complaints about the scrolling and camera are really strange to me. I find this build to be nice and smooth and definitely best yet ics. I made this attached plain black wallpaper a while back in photoshop to the exact screen size and it seems to help a bit with battery life and smooth scrolling.

Only once did the rom bug out on me when installing a widget so I rebooted and no issues again. You have to reboot a few times in the first day anyway with any new rom. For those complaining about tapatalk or xda apps they have always been a bit squirrely for me and facebook has been a battery killer for years.

My only complaint is that 3g speeds might be slower, hard to tell with crappy Sprint service. No signal loss yet so thats good.

I am wondering if people are judging scrolling while using a deodexed ROM. Is it still,fast? Yes. Is it smooth? Absolutely

Edit..thanks for the wallpaper. I have one on my other phone that's similar and yes it would help with battery

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
I am wondering if people are judging scrolling while using a deodexed ROM. Is it still,fast? Yes. Is it smooth? Absolutely
I didn't really have a problem with the scrolling in ICS but notice it is different.

It seems the the "flick" detection is more sensitive, flick being where you swipe your finger and the scrolling just continues on its own. I had to flick much more to get it to auto scroll in GB. In ICS, if there is any small movement when I lift my finger, it goes into auto scroll. I just adjusted my behavior so if I want it to scroll normally I'm more deliberate about my motions and slide my finger, stop sliding, then lift it straight up. Works fine and for me it is just minor muscle memory adjustment.

Also once it goes into auto scroll (which sometimes I want it to do) I just press my finger on the screen when it reaches the section I'm interested in and it stops auto scrolling.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Denys Vlasenko/chris41g for busybox, ChainsDD for su, Steady Hawkin/Calkulin for FD02+CWM-Rogue(repack),
    qbking77 for video, id10terror for Odin 1-click suggestions, mavd5831, RainMotorSports, True_Darknight for mirror(s)

You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of FD24) on top of this w/o issues.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

This is equivalent to using the Auto Root Package on a stock ROM. In fact, if you used that package to UNROOT (Option B) this ROM then it would become 100% stock. After flashing this all functions of that package will be functional.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data. The NoData version is only suggested if you are upgrading or remaining at the same version.

attachment.php

Instructions - Video by qbking77 [ODIN One-Click / Install CWM]

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
    This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
    To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the FD24 full restore One-Click self-extractor
    SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (RESET user data)
    [MD5: 803491d73e895fc57cd153b2c7d3c4dc / Size: 303,869,688]

SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (PRESERVE user data - do NOT use if downgrading versions)
    [MD5: 8f26aa2b4e1e4a71721588c7eb535a3b / Size: 302,870,423]

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
    double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
    Navigate to C:\Odin-OC
    Full: Double-click on SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED-OneClick.exe
    NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
    Power down phone
    Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
    Simultaneously [b]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/b] until confirmation screen appears
    Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
    adb reboot download
    Code:
    Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
    ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
    Note #1: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
    Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
    When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
    Phone will automatically reboot
    Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option D in the Auto Root Package to install FD02+CWM-Rogue (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary)

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
    Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
    - If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    - If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
    menu->applications->all->market->clear data
    - If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset in ICS using the ODIN OneClick Factory Reset tool. Do NOT perform factory resets using stock recovery or privacy->reset, at least until you read about the EMMC superbrick/lockup bug and understand what the trigger points are and what you are exposing yourself to.
    Reference Section
    A) Resources
    a1) tar.md5 versions of One-Click (for regular ODIN):
    SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: c85fd8a327c17e46481fbb64346b9843 / Size: 303,617,429]
    SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED_NODATA-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 8ff23f62db1fa296c350ee24951d5410 / Size: 302,612,181]

B) (Individual) STOCK FD24 ODIN/CWM Components
    b0) Odin3 v1.85 (windows)
    - these are ODIN tar.md5 files bundled in a 7-zip self-extractor
    - ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following
    - Windows - Double-click on the self-extractor and choose your ODIN directory
    - Mac/Linux - Use 7-zip to extract
    b1) [ODIN] FD24 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: e5512c58b474045f4c44a511def59f4f / Size: 4,095,332]
    b2) [ODIN] FD24 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: bb9ca3743822e7587fe4c966f144e66e / Size: 6,070,821]
    b3) [ODIN] FD24 ROM [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: f816fc8f5b89f08c3677494e4b6d8631 / Size: 283,802,341]
    b4) [ODIN] FD24 ROM + root [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 8e50d7d65046678a27c4fe66e806e0d5 / Size: 285,098,305]
    b5) [CWM] FD24 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 12ba5c2b28c176a3f29161492628c521 / Size: 5,133,564]
    b6) [CWM] FD24 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 725da649240e7a1a6612d12a7c0a799d / Size: 6,029,706]

C) FAQ
    c1) Windows tells me "Unrecognized device (code 42)" and ODIN OC doesn't see my phone
    c2) What happened to USB Storage in ICS, how do I get the old GB behavior back?
    c3) How do I run Auto Root, ODIN OneClick, or ODIN on Mac?
    c4) What about the notification bug?
    c5) How do I get Sprint TV to work?
    c6) How do I get wifi tethering for ICS ROMs?
    Before anybody asks, I tested the notification bug:

Initial testing indicates the notification bug is FIXED in FD24.

Info about notification bug from PREVIOUS releases

For people who don't know what it is, if you end a call, then immediately press "Back" or "Home", the notification sound is disabled (the notifications still show up, just the sound is disabled)

Even though there is no sound, the notification light still pulses, so it isn't a complete miss.

There is an easy workaround, both to avoid the issue, and to fix the issue if you forgot the workaround.

After pressing "End" to end a call, don't press anything else until the dialer status screen exits by itself to the secondary screen (whether that be the dialpad or call logs). This will keep your notification sound enabled.

Now if you forget and press "Back" or "Home" too early, all you need to do is make a call to any phone #, press "End" and don't press anything else. This will fix your notification sounds.

Again, the notification LED will still pulse even if your notification sound got disabled.

EDIT: Reports are that if you back out of Messaging too quickly the same disabling of Notification sound can happen.
    How is battery life on this build?

The performance is so good that I don't even need to have my battery in my phone.....
    :p
    Also, for those that care, the VPN is now working (over WiFi) in FD24 that wasn't working prior.