[Q] Straight Talk on HTC Evo 3D?

Search This thread

coddyycav

May 30, 2012
Denver
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any sort of instructions on how to flash a Sprint HTC Evo 3D over to Straight talk ?

I have the Sprint CMDA HTC Evo 3D, Revolutionary rooted, downgraded HBoot 1.50 to 1.40, S-OFF.

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any sort of instructions on how to flash a Sprint HTC Evo 3D over to Straight talk ?

I have the Sprint CMDA HTC Evo 3D, Revolutionary rooted, downgraded HBoot 1.50 to 1.40, S-OFF.

You cannot.

Straight talk runs on att network so you need a gsm 3d phone.

There is no way to flash cdma to anything but boost, cricket, maybe metro PCS.

The x515a evo 3d would be specific for att bands, x515m for USA T-Mobile bands.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

deathtech

Jul 10, 2011
But...

You cannot.

Straight talk runs on att network so you need a gsm 3d phone.

There is no way to flash cdma to anything but boost, cricket, maybe metro PCS.

The x515a evo 3d would be specific for att bands, x515m for USA T-Mobile bands.

I would also be interested in this. I just need to know what would need to be changed. Also, there are plenty of "paid" flashing services that use straight talk for the evo 3d. I also happen to own an active CDMA straight talk phone. Im using the crappy flip phone because I am uncertain what settings need to be migrated.

I have the msl # for my phone, so I can access the menus. I am not asking for instructions, just simply 'The PRL needs to be changed, etc. etc." maybe a quicklist ? I love my evo 3d. Help ?

I am also absolutely positive that my current straight talk phone is CDMA. Maybe they have access to a couple of diff. networks ?

If you are not comfortable putting this into a reply, PM me. I am uncertain what they are, but I know there are some boundaries.

I am also a fairly competent engineer, so there would not be any "hand holding" necessarily.

Last edited:

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
Using qpst it can access all secret programming of phone, there are about a dozen changes done with that program, then finding compatible prl, MSID #, usually ask your provider. It's like your phone number, but not, usually next area code over.

Pull up some YouTube vids, saw it IS possible. Odd cause str8talk in west is using Sims, anyways google always taught me, take guide for OG EVO, same process.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2