Busybox 1.21.1 Flashable zip???

Search This thread

rayray989

Oct 6, 2013
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm looking for a Busybox 1.21.1 zip file to install by flashing via CWM on my HTC One S (S4). For some reason i can't install Busybox from the app downloaded from the market, so i believe this is probably the best way to do so. (unless someone else knows a better way, which would be appriciated)

I've searched here and only found one that has SuperSU bundled with it, i only need Busybox as i already have Super SU installed and updated to the latest version.

Thanks

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm looking for a Busybox 1.21.1 zip file to install by flashing via CWM on my HTC One S (S4). For some reason i can't install Busybox from the app downloaded from the market, so i believe this is probably the best way to do so. (unless someone else knows a better way, which would be appriciated)

I've searched here and only found one that has SuperSU bundled with it, i only need Busybox as i already have Super SU installed and updated to the latest version.

Thanks

Just delete the supersu.apk and the su file and then flash the zip you found.

rayray989

Oct 6, 2013
Just delete the supersu.apk and the su file and then flash the zip you found.

Thanks for the reply. I deleted the supersu.apk and the su file. When i tried to flash the zip file, it gave me an error (status 6) and the installation aborted.

I haven't had a problem flashing via CWM before so i'm unfamiliar with this error. Does it have something to do with the zip file i'm using?

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I deleted the supersu.apk and the su file. When i tried to flash the zip file, it gave me an error (status 6) and the installation aborted.

I haven't had a problem flashing via CWM before so i'm unfamiliar with this error. Does it have something to do with the zip file i'm using?

Link me to the zip and also you could try using TWRP recovery.

rayray989

Oct 6, 2013
Link me to the zip and also you could try using TWRP recovery.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44175626

Thats where i got the Busybox 1.21.1 & SuperSu zip from. I used the first one, which downloads to xbin.

I've attachted the zip file that i tried flashing, i removed SuperSU apk & SU file from that zip.

Is there a noticable difference between TWRP & CWM that warrant changing it? I've assumed CWM is the better recovery as it seem the more popular.

Attachments

• Root_SuperSU.1.44-Busybox.1.21.1_in_xbin-signed.zip
    584.5 KB · Views: 2,950

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011

Thats where i got the Busybox 1.21.1 & SuperSu zip from. I used the first one, which downloads to xbin.

I've attachted the zip file that i tried flashing, i removed SuperSU apk & SU file from that zip.

Is there a noticable difference between TWRP & CWM that warrant changing it? I've assumed CWM is the better recovery as it seem the more popular.

I have a look soon and see what I can do. TWRP is the better recovery and you can use goo manager to flash it for you but you are a bit better off getting version 2.3.3.0.

rayray989

Oct 6, 2013
OK thanks, I might try it out. How do I go about switching from CWM to TWRP? I'm guessing you can't just flash it as its a recovery file.

rayray989

Oct 6, 2013
I tried that zip but I get the same 'status 6' error with CWM. I tried installing TWRP using Goomanager but everytime I try to install via the app it says 'no recovery file found for your device'

I have a HTC One S, is there another way of switching from CWM to TWRP to see if I can flash the zip file?

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
I tried that zip but I get the same 'status 6' error with CWM. I tried installing TWRP using Goomanager but everytime I try to install via the app it says 'no recovery file found for your device'

I have a HTC One S, is there another way of switching from CWM to TWRP to see if I can flash the zip file?

Download this here and flash it how ever you flashed CWM.

rayray989

Oct 6, 2013
I've managed to get TWRP installed, but I still get the same 'status 6' error when trying to install..... So the zip file isn't the issue then. What is a status 6 error?

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
I've managed to get TWRP installed, but I still get the same 'status 6' error when trying to install..... So the zip file isn't the issue then. What is a status 6 error?

I tweaked it so give it a try but if it still not working try the 2nd one but not sure if busybox will really work.

Attachments

• Root_SuperSU.1.44-Busybox.1.21.1_in_xbin-signed.zip
    584.5 KB · Views: 941
  • Busybox.zip
    581.5 KB · Views: 3,052

rayray989

Oct 6, 2013
Same issue with the first file but the second file seems to have worked.

Thank you for your help, really appriciate it :D

Milind.joshi

Aug 19, 2013
help

Same issue with the first file but the second file seems to have worked.

Thank you for your help, really appriciate it :D

dude, i have the same problem. i cant install busybox, my phone reboots on installing it.
i want to ask that does this method helps? it wont brick my cellphone right?

do i have to install busybox before going to recovery and flash the zip file?? or without installing busybox i should go to recovery and flash this zip file?

for which version of busybox this zip file is?

Last edited:

Veniceee

Oct 22, 2012

Will this work on htc one m8 sense 6.0 android 4.4.2?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I tweaked it so give it a try but if it still not working try the 2nd one but not sure if busybox will really work.