Intermittent Hangouts Keyboard Problem

Search This thread

doogeem3

Mar 17, 2014
Ancaster
I'm having an issue with opening hangouts and the keyboard not inputting anything into the message field. The keyboards responds to keys pressed but nothing shows up.

I have to close Hangouts from Recent Apps and reopen it to get the keyboard to work. Happens quite often but not everytime.

Problem is on a Nexus 5 with 4.4.2. This is my second Nexus 5 so I'm thinking it's a bug in the software but haven't found anyone else with the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I'm having an issue with opening hangouts and the keyboard not inputting anything into the message field. The keyboards responds to keys pressed but nothing shows up.

I have to close Hangouts from Recent Apps and reopen it to get the keyboard to work. Happens quite often but not everytime.

Problem is on a Nexus 5 with 4.4.2. This is my second Nexus 5 so I'm thinking it's a bug in the software but haven't found anyone else with the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

or it could be a mod that your using(xposed?), or an app that you have installed interfering. honestly, this is the first ive heard of such an issue. you are using the stock keyboard?

doogeem3

Mar 17, 2014
Ancaster
or it could be a mod that your using(xposed?), or an app that you have installed interfering. honestly, this is the first ive heard of such an issue. you are using the stock keyboard?

Yup stock keyboard. I can't think of any apps that may be causing the issue other than "Notify Me" I haven't looked deep enough into whether it only happens randomly when swiping from the popup notification or not.

Going to have to pay attention to that.

wwelles

May 9, 2011
Yup stock keyboard. I can't think of any apps that may be causing the issue other than "Notify Me" I haven't looked deep enough into whether it only happens randomly when swiping from the popup notification or not.

Going to have to pay attention to that.

Same issue here, I found your topic on another forum OP :)

Stock nexus 5 here.

doogeem3

Mar 17, 2014
Ancaster
Good to know I'm not the only one! It's a pretty irritating issue which is about to force me to find a new app for SMS!

doogeem3

Mar 17, 2014
Ancaster
So I solved my issue. I was using a notification app called "NotifyMe!"

Since removing it, I haven't had any more keyboard issues.

Reactions: bblzd

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Yeah, even I face this issue... However, I'm on a custom rom and use SwiftKey.
I face this issue not only in Hangouts but also when I use whatsapp as well.
But it happens rarely so didn't give it much thought..

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
You can determine if it is a 3rd party app interfering by rebooting your phone into Safe mode. If the problem goes away, you know it's one of your apps such as the OP's "Notify Me" which appears to of been his cause for this issue.

Matrix_19

Sep 5, 2011
Quebec City
Never had this issue on my N5, however I've seen this bug a few times on my GF phone (HTC one s + SwiftKey)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
I have an annoying issue where the blue anchor thing stops functioning properly when hangouts is in landscape... not sure if this is a common problem or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I solved my issue. I was using a notification app called "NotifyMe!"

Since removing it, I haven't had any more keyboard issues.