SU Binary In /system/xbin, But SuperSU Is Not Working

Search This thread

SpikeyPsyche

Mar 3, 2006
Besides the SU Binary In /system/xbin, what else do I need for SuperSU to function?

It keeps saying the SU binary is not installed

SpikeyPsyche

Mar 3, 2006
did you download the su app from the playstore
I was rooted on MI9 using the DLV method. I updated to NC2, and the SU binary installed by SuperSU persisted in the /system/xbin/ directory, but the SuperSU app says it is not installed. I wanted to know what, if anything, I can do with the SU binary in place to get the SuperSU app up and running again.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I was rooted on MI9 using the DLV method. I updated to NC2, and the SU binary installed by SuperSU persisted in the /system/xbin/ directory, but the SuperSU app says it is not installed. I wanted to know what, if anything, I can do with the SU binary in place to get the SuperSU app up and running again.

i am not sure there is anything you can do till we get a root exploit for nc2

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
yeah, i too have still have su in system/xbin on NC2, but root isn't working. it's weird, but as stated above, we probably need a new exploit or something

DrAzzy

Aug 7, 2011
Are the permissions correct on the su binary? Might as well check that before we start despairing.

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Same here, permissions match all the other binaries in xbin.

I wonder what this means. I figure we dont need a new kind of su binary, but there must be something in the new software that blocks it from working?

I hope it isn't in the kernel. I had a Sony device last, and we needed an ever so slightly modified kernel in order to get full root on 4.3. But I doubt if we will ever be able to flash kernels.

Last edited:

SpikeyPsyche

Mar 3, 2006
I wonder what this means. I figure we dont need a new kind of su binary, but there must be something in the new software that blocks it from working?

I hope it isn't in the kernel. I had a Sony device last, and we needed an ever so slightly modified kernel in order to get full root on 4.3. But I doubt if we will ever be able to flash kernels.
I'm guessing there is some setting or permission that needs to be changed.

Reactions: jonathankags

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm guessing there is some setting or permission that needs to be changed.