[Q] my streak freeze if overclock pass 998!!

Search This thread

Fantasyxiii

Sep 27, 2009
Hello guys

I have StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 by DJ_Steve installed on my streak 5. I'm trying to OC my streak pass stock speed which is 998MHz but anything pass stock frequency makes my streak 5 freeze.

first I used voltage control to OC my cpu but when my streak started to freeze I uninstalled it and tried to OC using ROM toolbox. however that didn't work either and my streak froze again.

The thing is I used an app called Stability Test and ran it for 3 hours and I had no problem, no freezing or crashes or reboots. however after i stopped using my phone for an hour and then tried to go into the web my phone froze.

now I know that every CPU OC differently but is it possible that I have the worst luck in the world and got a CPU that doesn't OC at all?!! or is it just a matter of trying a different kernel?
if so what kernel do you guys recommend for GingerStreak 2.4.4?

thanks

Fantasyxiii

Sep 27, 2009
First off, I would recommend ditching Gingerstreak 2.4.4 and go with either DSC, CM7, or one of the MIUI builds. Gingerstreak is old and no longer being developed. The others I listed all benefit from _n0p_'s Phoenix kernel. DSC has it as part of the rom and its available to flash on either CM7 or MIUI.

thanks for your help. I'll try one of these ROMs right now.
just one more thing what does DSC and MIUI stands for?
I know the CyanogenMod but what are the other two? and which one do you recommend the most?

thank you again :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I would recommend ditching Gingerstreak 2.4.4 and go with either DSC, CM7, or one of the MIUI builds. Gingerstreak is old and no longer being developed. The others I listed all benefit from _n0p_'s Phoenix kernel. DSC has it as part of the rom and its available to flash on either CM7 or MIUI.
    I would recommend DSC over the other two. Its the most highly developed and its creator, _n0p_, a genius. I am running CM7 because I like to tinker with my phone and ROM.